**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How well do you think the gifting event will work out this time ? πŸ€”

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
Though Kabam did made some restrictions this time but do you think this will be fair and square ?

Comments

• MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I don't hold out much hope, but I guess we'll see
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I don’t really care, my alliance hit a pretty decent rank (about top 25% iirc) last year with nobody putting in any more cash than l they would do normally, so will probably hit about the same and thats fine by me. If people above want to risk a ban buying dodgy units then sure.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I’m going to save my units, see where my group is at, and spend to whatever minimum threshold seems right.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I didnt even know we were going to get another gifting event.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213 β˜…
    It probably needs to start earlier than the 21st but cheating should not be an issue.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Could not care less. After last year I'm well over even getting involved with the gifting event. Never expected them to but was really hoping they'd just can it all together

I completely agree with this sentiment. Pure predation on FOMO and impulse spending.

Dr. Zola
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DrZola said:

Could not care less. After last year I'm well over even getting involved with the gifting event. Never expected them to but was really hoping they'd just can it all together

I completely agree with this sentiment. Pure predation on FOMO and impulse spending.

Dr. Zola
    After seeing first hand what side of this playerbase it brings out, I want nothing more to do with it. The adjustments that they've made will help stop a lot of what happened last year but if they should have learned anything up to this point in this game it's that sections of the playerbase will always find ways to make things ugly
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    After seeing first hand what side of this playerbase it brings out, I want nothing more to do with it. The adjustments that they've made will help stop a lot of what happened last year but if they should have learned anything up to this point in this game it's that sections of the playerbase will always find ways to make things ugly
    Again, 100% agreed. It is completely predictable.

Dr. Zola
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 β˜…β˜…
    No matter what precautions are taken by Kabam, you'll always have certain alli's and individuals who will find a work around, unfortunately
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ch4rn said:

No matter what precautions are taken by Kabam, you'll always have certain alli's and individuals who will find a work around, unfortunately</blockquote

I am eager to see which ally comes to the top ..we'll get to see the dirty work in the middle pf the event only ..no need to wait till the end.

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

They really should have just canned it.

100% agree but no way they scrap it because $$$$
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    I thought the chasmic Gap in rewards between individual top 30, then top 60 and even wider to top 120, will be interesting to analyse against the huge drop in alliance rewards. Lots of whales could elect to hard pass on it unless in the top 10 alliances and even then given the threshold spend for top 30 is likely to be massive, could this limit it to 4 or 5 alliances meaningfully spending?

Given the insane money kabam made from this period last year, including this corresponding sale weekend, I think they may be in for a shock this year, in how low it may be.

Would be interesting to hear some of the whales thoughts.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It should be fine. Some people will spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on it. Get their t5cc. And the majority will just spend the units they gained from playing. Or just some lower amounts of money. They will get some nice crystals and shards. Getting items from another player they would have normally bought with their own units, and get some bonus stuff in the process.
    I`m really glad they made it come back. Since I always like to trade stuff with friends. And will generally give them more than I get back, because I do more arena than they do.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Should’ve canned it. Ill do what my alliance makes me do and thats it.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

They should have canned it. . But its a way for them to make money so they won't. It promotes cheating in every way.... but they only care about making money and being greedy

Should’ve canned it. Ill do what my alliance makes me do and thats it.

They will never cann it ..the ridiculous money they made last time ..they are a total cashgrab company and cyber deals proved it ..and things would go wrong this time too ..cheaters will always find a way.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm glad this event is returning and I'm looking forward to it as much as my old alli team mates do every year. We've always tackled it F2P btw and had a ton of fun.

The cheating that went on never affected us directly at our G2/3 mid range alli level tbh. Ofc, it's ugly and bad for the rep of game but it's up to kbm to squash it.

I don't see why allis that take part on this like mine need be deprived of it coz some ppl can't handle themselves and play this just for fun like we do.

Besides, the rewards from the milestones and GGCs was good for our progress. I mean, if some accounts are so fat that they don't need that stuff... fine. Good for you lol but many of us really can use all that comes our way.

This year I think some players will be salty coz the big boy rewards are individual. So even ppl who play hard... well, some of them will not get the same for their buck as previous years when it was a group thing. That will be interesting to watch lol

Honestly, if folks wanna sell their house and give kbm all their money - and kbm allows them to... that's their problem. But yeh, Gifting Event is nice. I like it :)