**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    @Sbkrueb That was the best thing to come out cyber weekend.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales for Class Cats. The game balance is also something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Gifting event says hi
    People keep bringing up Gifting, but they don't stop to consider the numbers. How many people would have hit TB with CM versus how many people are going to actually benefit from Gifting? Think.
    Did you even see the rewards for gifting event..just go look at the solo rank rewards.. Doesn't matter if I'm conqueror, UC, CV or TB.. If I spend money, I can get the best rewards in the game.. Even Hardest of the quests(Abyss 100%/Act6 100%) wont give me those rewards. Game balance and your statement
    "Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales"
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill
    120 people will get significant Rewards from Solo. 120, who will be spending tens of thousands of dollars to get it. The amount alone means they'll be earning it, but stop and think. 120 people, versus how many would have jumped to TB this weekend. I can assure you the number would have been much higher. There are always limitations to these things. Not even money can get past the game balance.
    Sir, game balance is a joke. See my post for more clarity.
    I've seen your Post. It lacks information.
    Gifting. Event. Cyber. Weekend. If you've seen these rewards and think that game balance is still in tact, you are braindead or don't play the game. Don't even get me started on beginner progression neither my guy
    I see. So you think because there are a limited amount available because of spending, game balance isn't a thing. You would be wrong. If game balance wasn't a thing, there would be no limitations on Resources. Everyone would be Thronebreaker, no one would have to wait for any Resource, no one would be able to play for free, and the Devs would work one day a week.
    Beginner progression is a) not the same as it used to be, and b) very different for someone learning to play the game and not starting an Alt. By all means, get started. Just have some substance to your conjecture.
    Game balance is totally in tact when you can spend your way to the top
    They gave t5c offers for purchase which bypasses the play wall

You can buy cavs after cavs and get champs, iso, gold, etc
    You for the most part don’t have to play much if at all to get a bomb account

People are mad and you aren’t gonna change that bickering
    They totally messed over a huge amount of players based on a ranked 3 6*
    That’s the issue and you really should just drop it because you aren’t helping
    Game balance has nothing to do with allowing F2P to catch up to, or go head-to-head with, spenders. There is no F2P vs. P2P. You just can't keep up with them. Nor is there a race to compete with the people already at Thronebreaker. Anyone who is well into the Title and never even batted an eyelash when it came out is not competing with people struggling to get their first R3. I think people are overestimating their position.
    Game balance changes as the situation changes. It's not even a specific number tally so much as it is keeping an overall pace for growth. Even the whaliest of whales can't change the fact that there are limits on how much you can buy. The idea that game balance is a myth is just petulant.
    Bro you aren’t even making sense anymore
    Like what’s your point?

The whaliest of whales have unbelievably advanced accounts. You can absolutely spend your way to a sick account.

I don’t have any issue allowing people to spend thousands a sitting on the game. I actually enjoy when they put it on YouTube because it feeds my itch to open crystals

But the issue, the reason for this thread
    Is because they last minute changed the bar by making a r3 6* a requirement to have access to these disgustingly good unit offers
    That’s the issue - people are upset that because they either have bad rng or won’t buy the t5c offers they are prevented from accessing the offers

Their 30$ doesn’t go nearly as far from cav to tb

If the unit based deals were different that’s one thing. But the unit store (real money) deals are drastically different and it’s a wall you can’t get passed if you get bad rng
    Ie you get the wrong class from abyss to a class you don’t have options for
    And using very valuable resources to r3 a trash champ is a huge “f that”

HOWEVER you can Buy the t5c offers and bypass the need to play anything
    The issue is they implement a last minute change to then leverage said change to further create disparity between the top players and the ones just a step away.
    30$ on the tb deals is arguably better than the cav Odin, and it’s real world money
    Not the f2p unit offers that you can save the in game currency up to purchase

But real money, sure they can do what they want but the players who keep their game running have a right to be upset and voice that here
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Thats definitely a major point there, throne breaker just appeared so recently that not enough time has been given to give enough people meaningful access. Id be curious and I'm sure @DrZola probably has the answer to this but how much time was given to players to get cavalier before their first major offer?

Another interesting question would be, had act 7 not been pulled back, would the clearing of content to get throne breaker been easier/more realistic than obtaining this R3, given that the admins have already acknowledged that abyss (which I'm sure is 75% of the communities ability to get an R3) is intended for a roster comprising of R3s.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales for Class Cats. The game balance is also something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Gifting event says hi
    People keep bringing up Gifting, but they don't stop to consider the numbers. How many people would have hit TB with CM versus how many people are going to actually benefit from Gifting? Think.
    Did you even see the rewards for gifting event..just go look at the solo rank rewards.. Doesn't matter if I'm conqueror, UC, CV or TB.. If I spend money, I can get the best rewards in the game.. Even Hardest of the quests(Abyss 100%/Act6 100%) wont give me those rewards. Game balance and your statement
    "Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales"
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill
    120 people will get significant Rewards from Solo. 120, who will be spending tens of thousands of dollars to get it. The amount alone means they'll be earning it, but stop and think. 120 people, versus how many would have jumped to TB this weekend. I can assure you the number would have been much higher. There are always limitations to these things. Not even money can get past the game balance.
    Gifting. Event. Cyber. Weekend. If you've seen these rewards and think that game balance is still in tact, you are braindead or don't play the game. Don't even get me started on beginner progression neither my guy
    I see. So you think because there are a limited amount available because of spending, game balance isn't a thing. You would be wrong. If game balance wasn't a thing, there would be no limitations on Resources. Everyone would be Thronebreaker, no one would have to wait for any Resource, no one would be able to play for free, and the Devs would work one day a week.
    Beginner progression is a) not the same as it used to be, and b) very different for someone learning to play the game and not starting an Alt. By all means, get started. Just have some substance to your conjecture.

Game balance has nothing to do with allowing F2P to catch up to, or go head-to-head with, spenders. There is no F2P vs. P2P. You just can't keep up with them. Nor is there a race to compete with the people already at Thronebreaker. Anyone who is well into the Title and never even batted an eyelash when it came out is not competing with people struggling to get their first R3. I think people are overestimating their position.
    Game balance changes as the situation changes. It's not even a specific number tally so much as it is keeping an overall pace for growth. Even the whaliest of whales can't change the fact that there are limits on how much you can buy. The idea that game balance is a myth is just petulant.
    Like what’s your point?

The whaliest of whales have unbelievably advanced accounts. You can absolutely spend your way to a sick account.

I don’t have any issue allowing people to spend thousands a sitting on the game. I actually enjoy when they put it on YouTube because it feeds my itch to open crystals

Is because they last minute changed the bar by making a r3 6* a requirement to have access to these disgustingly good unit offers
    That’s the issue - people are upset that because they either have bad rng or won’t buy the t5c offers they are prevented from accessing the offers

If the unit based deals were different that’s one thing. But the unit store (real money) deals are drastically different and it’s a wall you can’t get passed if you get bad rng

The issue is they implement a last minute change to then leverage said change to further create disparity between the top players and the ones just a step away.
    30$ on the tb deals is arguably better than the cav Odin, and it’s real world money

But real money, sure they can do what they want but the players who keep their game running have a right to be upset and voice that here
    The top players will never compete with those that are close to TB.

What happens is those people get their first R3 and now they are in a 5x5 ally in war tearing up another ally that may not have those resources. It’s all about balance.
  • VinhThaiVinhThai Posts: 5

Why has kabam not commented on all this? There is a large majority of cav / Ftp players that are rightfully upset with how things are going and so far it’s been nothing but silence...

Well, they already did. Miike said earlier that they are taking the feedback and learning from it for future deals. Beyond that, there really isn't anything left to say or do. They won't just change the deals now because that will cause a whole other sh*tstorm. If they change the deals, what about the people like myself who already bought them? Do we get new items as well and the people who buy the new deals only get the new stuff? Do the people who bought the deals already miss out on the new deals? Do they get to buy them again?
    There really isn't any good choice for Kabam, any way they do it, people will be mad. I for one would be pissed if the deals got changed now and I either didn't get the new stuff in my inbox or if they asked me to pay for the deals again since I bought the deals under the information that they would not change. If I would get sent the new stuff, people would be upset that I got to essentially double dip on some of the offers.
    The best thing to do is just leave it, unfortunately.
    I think Kabam can minimize the damage by selling some T5CC selectors in the unit store tomorrow (in separate packages). Cavaliers that are close to TB will become TB and receive the TB offers. It's a win-win situation. Kabam makes more money while players can buy something worth their money.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    I and several of my alliance-mates just became Cavalier this month and the last so the deals are still big for us and meant something.

I feel sorry for those who are almost Thronebreakers that got shafted though.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

There was nothing last-minute about it. Thronebreaker has been a thing for months now. We all knew that Thronebreaker would get the most offered. As for "allowing" people to spend, what part of spending requires permission from us?
    Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

What happens is those people get their first R3 and now they are in a 5x5 ally in war tearing up another ally that may not have those resources. It’s all about balance.
    How does an r3 equate to ruining other alliances in war? An r3 doesn’t immediately mean you’re gonna win
    Furthermore this forced equity is nonsense
    Give the offers to everyone and let the chips fall where they may - they should of let even brand new day 1 accounts purchase the tb offers imo

If someone wants to spend and excel let them
    But forcing balance has become extremely unbalanced - and has upset a huge portion of players because a last minute arbitrary change
    VinhThai said:

Why has kabam not commented on all this? There is a large majority of cav / Ftp players that are rightfully upset with how things are going and so far it’s been nothing but silence...

Well, they already did. Miike said earlier that they are taking the feedback and learning from it for future deals. Beyond that, there really isn't anything left to say or do. They won't just change the deals now because that will cause a whole other sh*tstorm. If they change the deals, what about the people like myself who already bought them? Do we get new items as well and the people who buy the new deals only get the new stuff? Do the people who bought the deals already miss out on the new deals? Do they get to buy them again?
    There really isn't any good choice for Kabam, any way they do it, people will be mad. I for one would be pissed if the deals got changed now and I either didn't get the new stuff in my inbox or if they asked me to pay for the deals again since I bought the deals under the information that they would not change. If I would get sent the new stuff, people would be upset that I got to essentially double dip on some of the offers.
    I think Kabam can minimize the damage by selling some T5CC selectors in the unit store tomorrow (in separate packages). Cavaliers that are close to TB will become TB and receive the TB offers. It's a win-win situation. Kabam makes more money while players can buy something worth their money.
    A single t5c selector for 50$ would make them boatloads

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

How does an r3 equate to ruining other alliances in war? An r3 doesn’t immediately mean you’re gonna win
    Give the offers to everyone and let the chips fall where they may - they should of let even brand new day 1 accounts purchase the tb offers imo

But forcing balance has become extremely unbalanced - and has upset a huge portion of players because a last minute arbitrary change
    Right. Just give everyone what they want. Balance is a myth. We all play in a bubble. It's not like progress affects game systems or anything. Who cares about what state the game will be in after that? Who cares about the work it takes after peppering things through the ranks? Just let people have whatever they want, and do the work to fix everything after.
    Petulant.
  • YawYeetYawYeet Posts: 34

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

Right. Just give everyone what they want. Balance is a myth. We all play in a bubble. It's not like progress affects game systems or anything. Who cares about what state the game will be in after that? Who cares about the work it takes after peppering things through the ranks? Just let people have whatever they want, and do the work to fix everything after.
    Petulant.
    Balance is artificial. Just like the so called game economy. Cavs getting a r3 isn't going to be game breaking. They are just trying to make an artificial roadblock that is t5cc. You wont be soloing abyss or act 6 with a single r3 champ.

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

Tell me this is a joke chief!
    Nope, I can spend tens of thousands on cavs after a week of playing after getting cav title but all accounts accessing tb offers is unbalanced?
    Furthermore I said “imo”

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

Petulant.
    No, dude
    It’s a once a year thing that people save all year for and grind arena for to enjoy
    And this year they last minute changed the rules to implement a rule to mess over a huge amount of players that have grinded hours and months to save up to enjoy the offers but can’t because a single r3 - it’s once a year and besides that offers pop up constantly that “unbalance” the game
    For example all the t5c offers, does that not “unbalance” the game? Does whales spending tens of thousands for gifting not unbalance the game? Do you not see how your opinions are flawed?

If you want a requirement it should of been complete act 6 for thronebreaker

How would the game be in a worse state if everyone had access to the tb rewards?
    Some you tubers opened all their offers and were like “well I guess that’s it’s”
    It’s not gonna “break” anything - if anything this is gonna push loads of players away (including myself and my friends who play and refused to spend this time around)

People’s issue is they last minute implemented a change to the rules to cut off a huge portion of players from accessing rewards and the reason is a single ranked champ
    You’re one of if not the only person defending kabams decision and get hardcore downvoted
    Game balanace is DEAD if we're comparing the mega whales of the game. Also, setting the title at act 6 cometion is too low imo.
    So if I bought all the t5c offers and haven’t even competed act 6 is that unbalanced when I have a r3?

Beating grandmaster isn’t super easy

And the mega whales aren’t unbalanced allowed to spend 6 figures a year?
    I can buy every offer available throughout the year and that’s ok but cav getting the tb deals one day on CM is not ok?

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

Tell me this is a joke chief!
    Nope, I can spend tens of thousands on cavs after a week of playing after getting cav title but all accounts accessing tb offers is unbalanced?
    Furthermore I said “imo”
    You are not thinking this through, are you? Are you aware that deals come with SHARDS? Beginner progression is already DUCKED as it is, but you wanna go ahead and give them a boatload of 6 star shards?! Yea, GREAT idea.
    The odds of them a. Pulling a good champ off basics is low , and b. Can they even rank them?
    I don’t care if they get good 6* or shards
    It’s one day out the year and lots of people who are new accounts won’t spend anyway but offering it to them doesn’t ruffle me

They can hop cav really fast then spend anyway and buy every offer if they want but can’t have access to the tb deals

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

It means you get access to more resources making it more difficult for your opponents to beat you. It allows you to stay in your bracket without jumping up to get those rewards , meaning again, the next tier of players can’t jump up.

It hasn’t upset anyone, but those who feel that they got the short end of the stick. The only people that should complain are ones that did abyss one run and act 6 100%. I feel bad for those people. For the sake of fun yes people should be getting TB, but from a business perspective you can’t do that or you literally destroy the lifecycle of the game.

I understand how you feel, but the truth is they could have kept act 6 the same and we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation. People could hardly get past the champion and mysterio boss, so they nerfed it. You think they nerfed it for TB players? Of course not. They did it to push their players that were stuck in progression.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    VinhThai said:

Even the TB deals are mediocre at best. I only got the Odin's and BPs and I was planning to buy all of them. Really, I thought the amount of t5B, t5cc, t2a, and six star shards on offer is pathetic.
    kmac_qtp said:

For anyone that cares, I picked up 9 PS4/PS5 games this weekend with my MCOC money.

Lol!! Smart move
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

It means you get access to more resources making it more difficult for your opponents to beat you. It allows you to stay in your bracket without jumping up to get those rewards , meaning again, the next tier of players can’t jump up.

It hasn’t upset anyone, but those who feel that they got the short end of the stick. The only people that should complain are ones that did abyss one run and act 6 100%. I feel bad for those people. For the sake of fun yes people should be getting TB, but from a business perspective you can’t do that or you literally destroy the lifecycle of the game.

I understand how you feel, but the truth is they could have kept act 6 the same and we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation. People could hardly get past the champion and mysterio boss, so they nerfed it. You think they nerfed it for TB players? Of course not. They did it to push their players that were stuck in progression.
    People will spend their way through aw regardless what rewards off the unit packs specifically do you have a problem with cav players getting?

The “lifecycle” of the game isn’t hindered by people spending a mortgage on the game a month or buying every offer available?
    Giving cav players (and I completed act 6 pre nerf) the tb deals - or making tb requirement simply “complete act 6” - is breaking the game?

It’s not, July 4 was insane - loads of people (including myself) juiced up like crazy that day
    It didn’t damage anything, and giving cav players the tb deals wouldn’t harm the game
    They already give major offers throughout the year that allows people to buy t5c and rank champs “unbalancing” the game
    I wanted to pop 100 on both my accounts
    But the cav Odin is worse than the tb 30$ pack

I’m close on both accounts to getting a t5c formed through good odds off the few % crystal given - and was planning to buy an Odin each to then do abyss and try and get tb
    But the offers were so bad it’s a no go at the idea of spending and getting like horrible in comparison rewards

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

People will spend their way through aw regardless what rewards off the unit packs specifically do you have a problem with cav players getting?

The “lifecycle” of the game isn’t hindered by people spending a mortgage on the game a month or buying every offer available?
    Giving cav players (and I completed act 6 pre nerf) the tb deals - or making tb requirement simply “complete act 6” - is breaking the game?

It’s not, July 4 was insane - loads of people (including myself) juiced up like crazy that day
    It didn’t damage anything, and giving cav players the tb deals wouldn’t harm the game
    They already give major offers throughout the year that allows people to buy t5c and rank champs “unbalancing” the game

I’m close on both accounts to getting a t5c formed through good odds off the few % crystal given - and was planning to buy an Odin each to then do abyss and try and get tb
    But the offers were so bad it’s a no go at the idea of spending and getting like horrible in comparison rewards
    Actually they made it so you can’t spend your way to beat AW. You have limited items.

It is not breaking the game , but what it means is they cannot create content to accommodate someone who “completed “ act 6 vs someone who has 100% abyss. What this also means is content is more difficult for players who believe they have access to something like cavalier difficulty and then get slapped in the face and complain about how it’s a money grab. Lifecycle of the game is important. If those people who are spending boat loads of money on the game they want new content. When act 7 drops , Kabam doesn’t want new cav players in there. Because they end up quitting.

That’s good and keep working . Because the deals didn’t help you, that doesn’t mean they weren’t helpful. They are thinking cav players need to expand their rosters so those shards would be helpful. A T5cc won’t help you in 100% act 6. So they gave you resources to increase that breadth and depth.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I would have been happy even if they just repeated July 4th offers, since they were awesome for cavalier, but they actually went in reverse
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Btw, @Kabam Miike is there going to be further response on this, or should we just abandon this thread?
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

Actually they made it so you can’t spend your way to beat AW. You have limited items.

It is not breaking the game , but what it means is they cannot create content to accommodate someone who “completed “ act 6 vs someone who has 100% abyss. What this also means is content is more difficult for players who believe they have access to something like cavalier difficulty and then get slapped in the face and complain about how it’s a money grab. Lifecycle of the game is important. If those people who are spending boat loads of money on the game they want new content. When act 7 drops , Kabam doesn’t want new cav players in there. Because they end up quitting.

That’s good and keep working . Because the deals didn’t help you, that doesn’t mean they weren’t helpful. They are thinking cav players need to expand their rosters so those shards would be helpful. A T5cc won’t help you in 100% act 6. So they gave you resources to increase that breadth and depth.
    How do you buy items? .. units, how do you get units
    Grind or purchase
    And most competitive people purchase

“Kabam doesn’t want new players in there because they end up quitting”
    Do you have anything to back this up?

With enough units nearly any content can be completed circumstantially

The deals didn’t just not help me but didn’t help lots and lots of other people. Because I don’t have a single rank 3 I can’t access rewards but if I Paid my way though abyss I could potentially have one if I got the right class or rank a bunk class that I did get

You sound like grounded 2.0
    annihilus said:

Texas_11 said:

kmac_qtp said:

For anyone that cares, I picked up 9 PS4/PS5 games this weekend with my MCOC money.

Lol!! Smart move
    That's where I'm leaning, barring any last minute announcements tomorrow (not holding my breath).
    True story , when imiw first came out I blew a trip to Mexico on him and missed. He lasted as a defender for 3 weeks. Then someone new came out.
    YawYeet said:

Texas_11 said:

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Gifting event says hi
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill

Like what’s your point?

Petulant.
    Balance is artificial. Just like the so called game economy. Cavs getting a r3 isn't going to be game breaking. They are just trying to make an artificial roadblock that is t5cc. You wont be soloing abyss or act 6 with a single r3 champ.
    Balance is artificial? Please tell me you're wearing your mask out in public.
This discussion has been closed.