**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why the shortage of Alpha 1 basic catalysts

Man, this is driving me nuts now. What on earth is the reason for starving us of alpha 1 basics?

Comments

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Glory store... it’s there for a reason.
  • Options
    hefy2000hefy2000 Posts: 87 ★★
    They will literally get cheaper in the glory store in 3 days... hold your horses my friend.
  • Options
    SuperballieSuperballie Posts: 31

Sure that's obvious, thing is though, ALL the other catalysts are available in many many more places, i.e. I have about 20 alpha 2 basics in OVerflow, but struggling to get more than 4 tier 1's. Just a bottleneck in the system is all I'm saying. There are only so many tier 1's u can buy in the glory store before they cost as much as t5 basics.
  • Options
    hefy2000 said:

They will literally get cheaper in the glory store in 3 days... hold your horses my friend.

Noted, I do hope they become more available in other areas or at least increase them in the sigil store.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

The value of those is garbage tho. Everything else has great value compared to those. I suppose the shared store is the issue. Higher progression players might want a discount on those
  • Options
    1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Idk why but I have like 20 t1a in stash
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

The value of those is garbage tho. Everything else has great value compared to those. I suppose the shared store is the issue. Higher progression players might want a discount on those
    I'm Cavalier and bought most of the cyber deals, but not a single alpha 1. So many champs just can't progress for months now. A bit unbalanced if you ask me. Obviously I'll buy the glory store deals until it gets ridiculous in price, but that will only allow me to progress 2 champe then another week or 2 for the next one.
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    In higher tier AQ and AW it’s not uncommon to spend nearly all your glory on alliance health potions, for which the price won’t change with the Glory store updates.

I made a thread about the T1A shortage a few weeks ago and there seems to be one every couple of days, which would indicate a widespread issue. Personally I’m having to trade in expiring T4CC as I can’t afford to waste T1A on R1-R2-R3 rank ups. We still need a large amount of T1A for R4 and R5 rank ups as well and with T5B expiring as well, every T1A is precious.

I run the T1A arena, buy from Glory store and get all available T1A from EQ, solo and alliance events and it still isn’t enough.

The only months when it isn’t an issue are the months with a large amount available from side
    quests, which doesn’t seem to happen frequently. Maybe we need a daily T1A arena, or at least a T1A shard arena?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Man, this is driving me nuts now. What on earth is the reason for starving us of alpha 1 basics?

Apparently progressing thru the game at a reasonable self-driven rate is too much to ask.