**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are people so adamant about judging champions before we have to time to actually test them

SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
Like seriously, so many people are already saying how bad the new daredevil buff is and also many people saying its great. He's literally been out for a few hours, he may actually be bad, he may actually be great but we literally don't have enough information to make a call either way. Let's give it a few days, let some content creators and community members take him to rank five, learn the optimal rotations and niche uses for him in end game content then come to a conclusion.

Remember when people thought the OML buff was equal to if not better than the colossus buff? Or how about in the first hulkbuster buff livestream people thought he was straight garbage because they didn't know about the SP2, heavy rotation yet. We need to take more time to test champions before stating a definitive opinion

Comments

• Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Cmon dawg if your trash against rol newly buffed thats sad

People said the same thing with Hulkbuster and colossus, even warlock to a certain extent my dude. I'm not saying he's not bad, I'm just saying we should wait until people figure out his ideal damage rotation first before calling it
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Yes, I played terribly and did not use his best rotation but 208 hits for a r5... :s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp2eyauNj6I&t=200s

Seatin just did it in 154 hits.
  • Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    edited December 2020

Yes, I played terribly and did not use his best rotation but 208 hits for a r5... :s

Seatin just did it in 154 hits.
    I did not use synergies and my r5 Daredevil is unduped
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

Here's the problem.

1. Skill class is lacking. Nick Fury is carrying the entire class on his back. Good thing he has an LMD so his back can break twice, but we need more pillars. Daredevil could have been a great skill champ to make skill great again.

2. This was Daredevil's last shot at ANYTHING. You think they'll tune him up? Or update him? This is it. Funny how Kabam is so eager to Tune down champions or "fix" them any time they want, especially right after release if they are "broken" but are so adamant about leaving **** champs as they are like Immortal Hulk. He will no longer be up for any discussion because in their eyes he was already buffed.

3. He shares the same pitfalls as every other lackluster, forgettable, bad pull 2020 champions. He relies on a sp2 for damage. He has weird drawbacks(40% regen rate reduction, utility distributed in his two modes, making him weird or less viable for certain matchups) for no apparent reason. (I don't buy the "100% regen rate is OP! Argument, because it isnt' really that OP. I doubt he'll regen much more than say, Namor.) Finally, no real use. 65% DAAR? Weird and unreliable. It applying after 16 hit combos? He better have some crazy damage. But he doesn't. At best its OK Damage. There is no reason to use him if you have nick, stealthy, monky, even falcon.

As for people saying "nOT eVeRY bUFf sHoULd bE gAMebREaKing", I don't think people are complaining because he isn't magneto. Its because Daredevil went from, well, Daredevil, to Moleman. He's a very famous adapdation of a famous and loved character, from a class that desperately needs a savior, who's gimmick is Redemption and grit in the comics. Also he was right under Magneto for who needs a buff. People wanted to see him get good! This would have been the perfect, and only, opportunity to make him A tier or S tier and sell his story as well as crystals.

But they butchered the buff. And after the Cyber Monday pulls, all I had to hope for was having fun with Daredevil. I am very, very disappointed, and I think people have the right to be, because this was a long anticipated buff that went wrong.

1.) Skill class is not lacking at all, it’s the most balanced class in the game.

2.) He will have his purpose in the game , damage is not going to be everything and shouldn’t be or else Starlord would be the top champ in game as well as proxima.

3.) Agree on the DAR unless you parry and heavy it gets up there

4.) It will take some time before we know hos true potential.
  • Options
    WRIR said:

Texas_11 said:

WRIR said:

Here's the problem.

1. Skill class is lacking. Nick Fury is carrying the entire class on his back. Good thing he has an LMD so his back can break twice, but we need more pillars. Daredevil could have been a great skill champ to make skill great again.

2. This was Daredevil's last shot at ANYTHING. You think they'll tune him up? Or update him? This is it. Funny how Kabam is so eager to Tune down champions or "fix" them any time they want, especially right after release if they are "broken" but are so adamant about leaving **** champs as they are like Immortal Hulk. He will no longer be up for any discussion because in their eyes he was already buffed.

3. He shares the same pitfalls as every other lackluster, forgettable, bad pull 2020 champions. He relies on a sp2 for damage. He has weird drawbacks(40% regen rate reduction, utility distributed in his two modes, making him weird or less viable for certain matchups) for no apparent reason. (I don't buy the "100% regen rate is OP! Argument, because it isnt' really that OP. I doubt he'll regen much more than say, Namor.) Finally, no real use. 65% DAAR? Weird and unreliable. It applying after 16 hit combos? He better have some crazy damage. But he doesn't. At best its OK Damage. There is no reason to use him if you have nick, stealthy, monky, even falcon.

As for people saying "nOT eVeRY bUFf sHoULd bE gAMebREaKing", I don't think people are complaining because he isn't magneto. Its because Daredevil went from, well, Daredevil, to Moleman. He's a very famous adapdation of a famous and loved character, from a class that desperately needs a savior, who's gimmick is Redemption and grit in the comics. Also he was right under Magneto for who needs a buff. People wanted to see him get good! This would have been the perfect, and only, opportunity to make him A tier or S tier and sell his story as well as crystals.

But they butchered the buff. And after the Cyber Monday pulls, all I had to hope for was having fun with Daredevil. I am very, very disappointed, and I think people have the right to be, because this was a long anticipated buff that went wrong.

1.) Skill class is not lacking at all, it’s the most balanced class in the game.

2.) He will have his purpose in the game , damage is not going to be everything and shouldn’t be or else Starlord would be the top champ in game as well as proxima.

1. If you're balanced and everyone else is OP, you're lacking.
    2. Damage isn't everything. But its a FIGHTING GAME. Damage is important.
    4.It doesn't seem like hos kit is deep enough for there to be any true hidden potential.
    1.) Tech, cosmic, science mystic , are all heavy at the top. Mutant and skill are nice all around.

2.) Some of the best champions in the game aren’t even known for their damage it’s their utility. Doom, warlock, nick fury (good damage )

4.) We will have to see with him being an hour out after release don’t you think?

• Options
    Texas_11 said:

WRIR said:

Here's the problem.

How am I getting disagrees on this? Is skill not the most balanced in game?

Will he not have a purpose?

He came out an hour ago! How can we know right away?
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

WRIR said:

Here's the problem.

Do you have him? Have YOU tried him? People are speaking from experience, which have apparently been negative. Mine hasn't been negative necessarily, but like to the point where I'm going to rather rank other champs and leave DD as is in his rank 2 state, as well as not pump stones into him because he looks and feels bad.
  • Options
    WRIR said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

WRIR said:

Here's the problem.

Do you have him? Have YOU tried him? People are speaking from experience, which have apparently been negative. Mine hasn't been negative necessarily, but like to the point where I'm going to rather rank other champs and leave DD as is in his rank 2 state, as well as not pump stones into him because he looks and feels bad.
    Yes I have him, yes I have tried. I’m speaking from experience as well. But I guess my first thing I did was duel an electro and korg not go to ROL.

I always test in this order :
    1st Utility
    2nd Damage
    3rd Synergy

When falcon came out :
    1st straight to spidey
    2nd went to mix master
    3rd damage test in ROL
    4th tested synergy counter parts.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

He’s damage looked okay when ramped up
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

WRIR said:

Texas_11 said:

WRIR said:

Here's the problem.

1. If you're balanced and everyone else is OP, you're lacking.
    2. Damage isn't everything. But its a FIGHTING GAME. Damage is important.
    4.It doesn't seem like hos kit is deep enough for there to be any true hidden potential.
    1.) Tech, cosmic, science mystic , are all heavy at the top. Mutant and skill are nice all around.

2.) Some of the best champions in the game aren’t even known for their damage it’s their utility. Doom, warlock, nick fury (good damage )

4.) We will have to see with him being an hour out after release don’t you think?

How is fury not known for damage?
  • Options
    WRIR said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

WRIR said:

Here's the problem.

Yes I have him, yes I have tried. I’m speaking from experience as well. But I guess my first thing I did was duel an electro and korg not go to ROL.

I always test in this order :
    1st Utility
    2nd Damage
    3rd Synergy

• Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

WRIR said:

Here's the problem.

Skill class is lacking?? Yeah cause aegon. Thrasher. Hit monkey. Stealthy. Elsa. Bwdo. Gwenpool. Killmonger. Blade and Taskmaster are all trash right?
    yeah