**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen) Buff after trying him out?

Comments

• NablockNablock Posts: 46
    Kill_Grey said:

I wish the first hit of his heavy could be chained into a special. Would make it easier to get the cruelty from it and launch a special 1 or 2 successfully without much hassle.

You can chain the first hit of his heavy into the SP2. If you get to a combo meter of 40, throw first hit of heavy and then activate SP2 you push his combo meter to 15 and switch sig modes briefly. Gives him a nice boost.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    well i for one like it. he's better to me and the animations are much better. his damage is good enough for me. it wasn't a home run for resource worthiness but he's on my list now.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Very underwhelming for the hype I was expecting a magneto or colossus level overhaul but honestly he’s not much better than before I’ve done many fights before the update and after and truth be told I took ROL WS with far less hits pre buff Than post buff , my rank 3 5 star blade does better , my biggest regret was taking him to rank 5 with high hopes of a good buff this is by far horrible my rank 2 5 star hit monkey does better damage
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★

Why does he still miss vs Ebony Maw? I just tried a duel. But vs Invisible Woman he doesn’t miss. This game is too tedious sometimes like he counters some miss but not other miss. Yawn

Because daredevil’s miss isn’t a miss mechanic. It’s an Easter egg because he’s blind. An actual miss is unaffected through vision, but since invisible woman is invisible, characters can’t see her, hence they miss. But daredevil is blind, so being invisible has no effect on daredevil.

Again, he doesn’t have a mechanic to avoid miss. It’s just an Easter egg because of his blindness.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Why does he still miss vs Ebony Maw? I just tried a duel. But vs Invisible Woman he doesn’t miss. This game is too tedious sometimes like he counters some miss but not other miss. Yawn

Bc Invisible Woman is invisible. Ebony Maw is not. DD can still Miss, just not against invisible characters.
  • HomerJBondHomerJBond Posts: 118
    Also 1.5 seconds is not enough to cause a heavy attack to miss him. Tried using it vs Winter Soldier and he kept getting clipped by the last hit. Why the heck does the leadership there half bake 90% of the game?

Experts at disappointing their customers with tedious unwritten rules
  • HomerJBondHomerJBond Posts: 118
    Hazzalec1 said:

Because daredevil’s miss isn’t a miss mechanic. It’s an Easter egg because he’s blind. An actual miss is unaffected through vision, but since invisible woman is invisible, characters can’t see her, hence they miss. But daredevil is blind, so being invisible has no effect on daredevil.

Again, he doesn’t have a mechanic to avoid miss. It’s just an Easter egg because of his blindness.
    Fair enough, it’s just tedious to learn. There should be different terms if they are different dynamics. Call one “miss” and the other “flounder”. The descriptions in this game confuse too many people, needlessly
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    They drop the ball big time with him , with such a big introduction I should’ve known something was up when they didn’t give the CCP a chance to show case the champ, on paper he seems good but lord he went from meme to meh tier I have him at sig 160 rank 5 and I have before the buff vids and after and his damage with armor break was better and he had a small evade window I was expecting some true strike king with direct damage and the ability to evade projectile, I really hope they go back and look at how many players use the other buff champs mags and colossus and see how many people use him and tune him up a bit base on data because it will be hard to find anyone that would use him over blade, nick fury or even gwenpool , venom, magneto , and colossus even she hulk I’m sure saw an huge increase of players playing them daily in AQ/AW or even questing he’s back far the worst buff champion, if I’m wrong show me which champ that got an overhaul that he’s better than, if I say u can get gwenpool, blade , nicks fury or stealth spider or daredevil who are you picking ??
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Yeah all in all this overhaul has not kept the amazing streak that I think what the last 3-4 champs isn't as good

-Because Red Mags and Mags(HoX) was one Great and one Good because of his pre fight for and not too bad as an attacker. Red mags of course I took to r5 immediately because he's stupid good against metal champs.....and then still good against some other fights, so long as you can get that 35 prowess for specials attacks................

-(only unfortunate thing was that he had a small bug I did not realize that was not intended, which was armor break on the non-metal bleed immune champs. I thought that was supposed to be the case and so it was awesome taking him to war and fight a stubborn Korg and ripping the sp3 and tearing him apart haha, wish that would have been intended or that a synergy in the future could be similar to that.) All in all Red mags is top of my list for best Overhauls

-Hulk-Buster was a pretty awesome overhaul and definitely don't regret taking mine to r5 instantly. Did not rely on his synergies he got but was a cool bonus. I think what was unfortunate was because He was a heavy reliant champ now, and if they are not cornered, stunned, his heavy is not easy to get off. So you could not really counter a heavy attack with his heavy attack since it is a bit short ranged. Probably would rank his OH at 3rd.

-Colossus was yet another awesome example for an overhaul and is my second favorite because pairing him with the only synergy you need in order to gain that massive attack ramp up is omega red(who in no means is a bad champ to fill in that spot). But again by himself he could manage many fight because he came built in with a lot of immunites HIs new animation for heavy was fun and as well as sp1.

For Daredevil(HK) it's not the worst overhaul, but I feel like a lot of us Overhyped the potential of his overhaul....(myself included).
    So of course it sucks for some of us who where expecting bigger numbers, etc. I do think some small adjustments should be made, but we'll wait and see if out responses have any effect on Kabam.

Final Statement:

I am sorta fine with his buff for the time being, and as I have said to others in my alliance or chats that I would be more that happy to pull him from the the new featured 6 star.
    but will not run him with suicides
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    He has a comparable dps to Elsa Bloodstone and she has a religious cult following. So what's all the whining about?