Why do I keep duping the same 4 star?!?!?

Jlf2nJlf2n Member Posts: 34
I have maybe 30 four stars and only 4 or 5 are duped. So why the heck have I duped Hyperion 3 freaking times?!? Random my ass!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    It's RNG. Just RNG. Happens all the time. Also, a Sig 60 Hyp is not a bad thing. However, I can understand wanting a new Champ.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Member Posts: 179
    Honestly, I'd rather have a triple duped Hyperion rather than a double duping War Machine, She-Hulk and Iron Patriot (Yes, that's me :/) haha.
  • The_OneThe_One Member Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I'd like to get Hyperion just once
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Member Posts: 263
    Lmfao quit crying
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    I dupe the same characters a lot and dupe ones that I don't really use in general quite often, it's all about luck and sometimes you hit it big and sometimes you don't.

Sig 60+
    Groot
    Scarlett witch
    Black widow
    Star Lord

Sig 40+
    Cyclops
    Gullotine
    Yellow jacket
    Both Daredevil's
    Magneto now

And a bunch of other sub par 4* duped as well, so yeah I'd take your duped sig 60 hyperion in a heartbeat since I don't even have him and really want him.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    I managed to win Iron Fist back to back, 1st time doing it :)

I have a 4* crystal on hand and getting nervous that it would be Iron Fist. :|

The class isos and 20 sig points could be nice though.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Member Posts: 658 ★★
    That's how kabam makes the rng work sometimes, people continously pull the same 3 or 4 4*'s in their 4* crystals for a while.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Member Posts: 721
    I'd prefer duping than getting a new champ because you've to restart the whole lvling up thing again. Unless you already have a duped Cosmic champ than it's not as great, but is better though. I say that it's good to dupe.
  • wookehwookeh Member Posts: 147 ★★
    I have just about every 4* mutant. Until earlier this week, I have only ever duped one. Old Man Logan. 7 freaking times. There is no mercy from RNG with me.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Member Posts: 238
    ITS luck. I didn’t have 4* IM and when I got him I maxed him within 2 weeks. Luck sometimes ain’t fun but at least your duping a good one.
  • Animesh_95Animesh_95 Member Posts: 15
    Same here. I hav duped venompool 3 times now (level 60) , miles 2 times , spider gwen 2 times , black panther 2 times
    While most of my high ranked champs r unduped
    Nly ones duped r those i hav used gems on
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Jlf2n wrote: »
    I have maybe 30 four stars and only 4 or 5 are duped. So why the heck have I duped Hyperion 3 freaking times?!? Random my ass!

Statistically speaking, about ten players reading your post have probably had a similar experience.

Roughly, the odds of pulling a quadruple champion out of thirty eight pulls assuming an average of about one hundred possible champions on the average pull is about one in 1350. There are about 1.3 million active players based on the rocket button statistics (assuming multiple account holders roughly cancel the players that did not participate at that time). If we assume about one in a thousand players read the forums, so there's about ten of them.

That's more of a fermi estimate than an actual calculation, but it is probably in the general ballpark. It is an uncommon experience, but the number of players of the game all but guarantees that some number of players will see it and report seeing it on the forums. It is not astronomically unlikely.