**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do you feel about Champions locked in AW and AQ?

Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
If champions are being used in AW defense and AQ, should they still be available for questing? In my opinion they should be because it will help small size accounts to progress better and clear more content. I think this will greatly improve people's content clearing time.

How do you feel about Champions locked in AW and AQ? 92 votes

Yes - Summoners will be able to clear more content easily
55%
FrostyzuffyLuciusVorenusF317BrokenSouthfenceGaurav_ChampTheHoodedDormammuAlbi⁴7²00⁴Diksh619DannyB01KnightZerobrandinhoDenzel116RabangaXva23Kill_GreyGoDlyZorK00shMaanO_Deadpool_O 51 votes
No - They should just wait for aq and aw to get over
44%
GamerdanielmathKirklinphillgreenSungjnameplasThereticPwf57KOSHCupidThesurvivlistWas52510or_StrongJedi_HawkeZombieZeddNotsavage19Dr_Z01dbergPulyamanMeebletonMorpheus_123 41 votes

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    IMO, I feel like they should be locked, but I want Kabam to allow us to use a different team of champions for multiple quests in different quest sections of the game. For example, while I'm doing my Abyss run, I want to be able to complete the EQ as well, just with different characters.
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    I
    K00shMaan said:

Obviously locking your AW Defenders from being your Attackers is perfectly fine. Maybe locking AQ champs out of AW altogether is acceptable as well as these are both are a competition against other people. But you should always have access to your champions for solo content. The content is growing to require more niche counters which is fine, even great. I don't like using the same 5 champs for every quest. However, it makes it very difficult sometimes to ensure that one of your niche counters isn't preoccupied when you have 11 champs locked out of content 3 days a week.

I'm all for the changes that help the player play the game when they have time to play the game.

You just picked my mind. With the number of quests, side events etc growing, we should be able to use our entire roaster for solo content just like arena and Incursions. I don't find it logical that my champs are mostly locked in alliance war and aq thus i can't clear content when I have time.
    This will enable people to be in an alliance and still complete content else we have seen people like Captain Bayee, Katy Candy leave alliances to beat act 6.

People who disagree, please share your opinion.

@Kabam Miike Your inputs please.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I agree and don't. On one had all my champs free at all times would be nice but on the other I wouldn't have learned how to use other champs to get stuff done just my top 5 always. Makes you more well rounded to dig through your roster to find solutions instead of just this same champ all the time.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    It's definitely annoying, but I get it. If the champ is busy fighting defence in AW, they can't also be available to use in a quest. Unless they can be in 2 places at once.
    It also adds incentive to grow rosters, not just get a small team of elites who you can use for everything.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    They’re in the quest as though they’re on an adventure
    I think them being locked is fine tbh
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

IMO, I feel like they should be locked, but I want Kabam to allow us to use a different team of champions for multiple quests in different quest sections of the game. For example, while I'm doing my Abyss run, I want to be able to complete the EQ as well, just with different characters.

Absolutely, it says somewhere in game that even though your champs have super powers, they cannot fight in different places or something. But, some quests can be excluded like, LOL, AOL so that you can keep completing other side events with other champions. One of the reasons I am not entering Abyss is the time commitment required to sit and complete it. If what you suggested is implemented, I could take 2 fights per day and complete it at my pace.

To the OP's question though, No, they should not allow same champs to be used when they are locked in AW and AQ. Part of the game is growing your roster so that you can use many champs in different areas.
  • ZaosaflerZaosafler Posts: 65
    Pulyaman said:

Absolutely, it says somewhere in game that even though your champs have super powers, they cannot fight in different places or something. But, some quests can be excluded like, LOL, AOL so that you can keep completing other side events with other champions. One of the reasons I am not entering Abyss is the time commitment required to sit and complete it. If what you suggested is implemented, I could take 2 fights per day and complete it at my pace.

To the OP's question though, No, they should not allow same champs to be used when they are locked in AW and AQ. Part of the game is growing your roster so that you can use many champs in different areas.
    That sounds great. But they make it so hard to get to the resources to grow the champs. It takes weeks for someone who isn’t at least Uncollected to earn enough T2 to advance a 5* to level 4. And forget getting the resources to get them to level 5.

And I say this as someone with a disability that makes using the left hand a bit hard, so blocking and dodging isn’t reliable. Which makes my progression slow and dependent on having lots of units, revives, and heals.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Content has become quite niche so it makes less sense to lock champs out of solo quests if they're in AQ/AW. Assumedly the reason Kabam did that originally was to encourage people to grow their rosters, but now it basically requires you to have both a 5* and 6* version of certain champs or to wait til AQ/AW aren't running.

The game's progressed to a level where this lockout feature is restrictive rather than encouraging. It should be adjusted to alliance content only imo.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Zaosafler said:

Pulyaman said:

That sounds great. But they make it so hard to get to the resources to grow the champs. It takes weeks for someone who isn’t at least Uncollected to earn enough T2 to advance a 5* to level 4. And forget getting the resources to get them to level 5.

And I say this as someone with a disability that makes using the left hand a bit hard, so blocking and dodging isn’t reliable. Which makes my progression slow and dependent on having lots of units, revives, and heals.
    Mate, don't take this the wrong way, but if you are uncollected, you should not be doing content that requires 5 stars.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Zaosafler said:

Pulyaman said:

Mate, don't take this the wrong way, but if you are uncollected, you should not be doing content that requires 5 stars.
    That's false though. I mean just because there are players who can and have done Act 5 with 4*, doesn't mean that everyone has to be held at their level. Again UC is a broad aspect. Not like Cavalier, bit still there. Anywhere between one time completion of 5.2 to nearly fully exploration of Act 5. So 5* are very helpful to have at the later stages on Act 5.