**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Known Good Android devices

I'm having all kinds of issues with the new 29.1.0 update. I'm currently using a moto g6 and have a couple of questions for the community.

Does anyone have a moto g6 that's not playing up - where the update works perfectly?

Which Android devices do people have that they don't have any issues with?

It seems to work better on a friends ipad, but I'd rather have something that was a bit smaller, lighter and a 16:9 ratio for Netflix watching.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance Summoners!

Comments

• Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    The android is vast and large that it’s hard to optimize the game to function as it should do compared with apple devices IOS is just one of its kind type. Anyone can create a random phone and put android on it because it’s an open source which only add more difficulty for the game team.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Generally speaking, it’s harder for developers to optimise their games for android, since there are hundreds (maybe even thousands) of android phones that come out each year, each with different capabilities (processors), aspect ratios etc.

I’ve found Samsung and OnePlus to be pretty decent. Some lesser known companies, or ones that release many phones each year may be less optimised for games.

For the most part, iOS is the best optimised OS for MCOC as Apple only releases a few phones each year, and they’re a separate OS, so it’s much easier to optimise, and makes more sense given they’re popularity. But some androids can also handle games almost as well as iOS, as mentioned before.
  • Options
    Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★
    I've got an OPPO Find X2 Pro and it is superb. Never had an issue with it. The screen quality is amazing and the camera is excellent. I would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a new phone that prefers android.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I use a Xiaomi note 8 pro. It is a somewhat budget decive at 220 euros (guess somewhere between 200 and 250 dollars aswell) and it plays really well of its price and operating system.
    All fights run smoothly, and load times between fights vary from 2 to 4 seconds depending on the mode you play in.
    The only issue it has right now is a freeze when starting a labyrinth or abyss fight, it takes roughly 5 seconds before it unfreezes then you press fight. And a 1 second freeze in AQ. But that is part of a knows issue a lot of android devices have currently. When I bought my phone in august it didn`t have any trouble in any of these game modes.

Outside of Mcoc the phones works really nicely aswell. In my opinion it is nicer than the moto interface.
    My workphone is a Moto g8. which runs the game less smoothly. Your G6 is about half the speed of my mentioned Note 8 pro.
  • Options
    I think I would recommend to stick to the original android serie. The Samsung series. If you still unsure then I would recommend to look into ROG phone as it’s a mobile device with pure gaming specs in mind.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    My last phone was Moto G5 Plus. It was a pain to play. Now I have Samsung Galaxy A71 and the game runs fine.
  • Options
    HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★
    I've used a Samsung Galaxy S9 for the past 2 years but found issues with connection and the speed it reacted the last few months. However, a lit of this was reported here so I don't k ow how much of that was the device becoming outdated/slow and how much was at their end.
    I replaced the S9 with a Samsung Note 20 last week and it's running very smooth so far. Still the odd wifi symbol poppin' up every now and then but that could be my wifi... giving Kabam the benefit of the doubt with that one.
  • Options
    GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    I have a galaxy s9+ and it freezes often, flickering issues from time to time in the game, and the game crashes every 30 minutes or so especially while in arena. I know some people with the same phone that don't have these issues though so that's why I don't know if a phone can be recommended or not or if it's just luck of the draw...
  • Options
    HustlaBoi9HustlaBoi9 Posts: 71
    Galaxy note 20 ultra. I got the legends title with this phone. Very comparable to iPhone load times and runs real smooth.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Anything with a Snapdragon processor is going to run this game extremely well. I use an S10 and it opens the game faster than the latest iPhone.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    The best Android device (for MCOC) is the one with the highest trade in value towards an iPhone.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

The android is vast and large that it’s hard to optimize the game to function as it should do compared with apple devices IOS is just one of its kind type. Anyone can create a random phone and put android on it because it’s an open source which only add more difficulty for the game team.

This argument was true a few years ago but updates to android since 5.0 has unified a lot of things making development much easier. I play a lot of android games including graphics-intensive ones like COD Mobile and none of them have as many bugs as MCOC.
    I think the problem with MCOC is that it's an old mobile game. Most of the things it does today were not possible when it was released and they just keep slapping patches and features on old buggy code. What they need to do is rewrite most of it from scratch but given the development cost associated with that, I don't think it's gonna happen.
    So short story, the bugs will only increase over time until they either rewrite the game or hope for a miracle.
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Daddrieda said:

This argument was true a few years ago but updates to android since 5.0 has unified a lot of things making development much easier. I play a lot of android games including graphics-intensive ones like COD Mobile and none of them have as many bugs as MCOC.
    I think the problem with MCOC is that it's an old mobile game. Most of the things it does today were not possible when it was released and they just keep slapping patches and features on old buggy code. What they need to do is rewrite most of it from scratch but given the development cost associated with that, I don't think it's gonna happen.
    So short story, the bugs will only increase over time until they either rewrite the game or hope for a miracle.
    I agree with you. I don’t think the company will lose that much since they have... don’t know what it’s called, but something like Extra server to separate the main server. They could use that duplicate server and rewrite the whole code - copy and paste and send updates. I’m not saying it’s easy or something like that but I would think it could work while the main server continues getting the content and so on.
  • Options
    I find it even more odd that my girlfriend’s Samsung Galaxy S6 runs very amazing on the game. It’s an old phone so just odd
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

I find it even more odd that my girlfriend’s Samsung Galaxy S6 runs very amazing on the game. It’s an old phone so just odd

Damn, my s8 has just about given up
  • Options
    1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Note phones are good
    My note 8-10+ are all good phones to run on

I was gonna sell my note 8 but decided to keep it and use it as an arena phone
  • Options
    AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Galaxy s10 works well. Pretty good, not really laggy input wise not as good as an iPhone but, whatre you gonna do.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Don't forget to get a device with more than 2 gb RAM
  • Options
    ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    I'm still rockin a galaxy 9 and haven't really had any issues with the game
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    Mate 10
  • Options
    This game in currently unplayable on my note 20 ultra.
  • Options
    tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    I play this game on both ios and Android. I have been using iphone 11 pro max and ipad air 2. For Android, I used many devices from Samsung, one plus, Huawei but the one I am most impressed is with Xiaomi. I am using somewhat middle tier Xiaomi 9t pro. The game loads as fast as my ipad air 2. There are no lag spikes. It works better on Xiaomi than any other Android phone i tried like S10, Or others.