**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Honest Review: Underrated or Overrated: DOMINO!!!

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    hefy2000 said:

Etjama said:

Long time, no see Hefy. Sorry about that R5 Domino of yours. My condolences. 😂

She's on AW defense full time these days. RNG, which makes her so unreliable on offense, is exactly why she is so good on defense. You never know what might go wrong when fighting her.
    Very true. She's still the one champ I don't want to face in AW right now.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Domino can do selective timestream, so that's one utility though that nobody mentioned, and the extended stun with the synergy but the issue she faces is that warlock has come around for selective timestream, CGR, guardian, sunspot etc. have come around offering damage output with some interesting utility too, she's an excellent champion and she had her time in mainstream offensive meta, now it's time for her to retire to AW defence, still an excellent damage dealer and valuable for most beginners and act 5 players, but that's the most she can cover efficiently, would definitely love to get one though, just for fun.

Nah she cant do selective timestream on her own, well she can but she REQUIRES the trinity taking away 3 team slots, there are many many better option than her, Sunspot, Torch, Hyperion, Sentinel, Warlock, BWDO, Modok (l1 cheese) HB etc, shes quite reliant on the trinity and nowadays she has fallen behind the meta a ton.
  • Do voodoo next.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Domino is not a top 10 mutant champ..

She's top 3. And I stand by that. With Colossus and Magneto. I have her at R3 and she's still one of my favorite champs. There's not many I would have picked over her.

And aside from her commonly mentioned positive attributes, no one ever mentions she can do 10 hit combos with the Masacre synergy, or a 4 hit combo into a heavy. That has a lot of utility in itself. Build you power meter faster, control which special you want the opponent to use, easily manage Void's debuffs, prove yourself, etc etc.

Wow... this... this is laughable. Even taking away that you just called Domino a top 3 moment for a sec, are you seriously not going to mention Omega Red, who is the best Mutant in the game with a high sig and suicides? He almost counters as much as Quake and Ghost and melts 600k healthpools without breaking a sweat.
    First of all, calling someone's (who was a lot more experience than you) opinion laughable is a good way to make null a reasonable conversation.
    But I have a R5 sig 100-something Omega and I still believe that. I give him 4th or 5th spot. Omega is heavily dependent on suicides and high sig. And if we're talking 6*s, high sig is an important factor. Because unless you're a whale you're not going to get him there for a long time. I've 100% everything in the game and have a total of 40 mutant sig stones. And I have suicides off more than I have them on, so yeah I'd rather have Domino. Even though she's good with them too.
    Did you just say you have way more experience without knowing his progress? That in itself is laughable. We aren't talking about Domino's rating in your roster, but in the game as a whole if you had ideal conditions for all of them. Domino with trinity, OR with suicides at sig 200. OR is way, way more valuable than Domino for lots of content.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

She's top 3. And I stand by that. With Colossus and Magneto. I have her at R3 and she's still one of my favorite champs. There's not many I would have picked over her.

And aside from her commonly mentioned positive attributes, no one ever mentions she can do 10 hit combos with the Masacre synergy, or a 4 hit combo into a heavy. That has a lot of utility in itself. Build you power meter faster, control which special you want the opponent to use, easily manage Void's debuffs, prove yourself, etc etc.

I will say this there are probably a lot more mid tier players then high tier players in the game. Domino could still be very good.

I wish they had a badge you could have on forums to show where a player is in game, or they can mark content as completed,
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I picked Domino over Colossus or Emma in my Abyss Mutant Nexus and I regret it every time I see her in my roster.

Please tell me you’re joking.

You’re not joking are you.

Excuse me while I go scream at a rock on your behalf
    I already had a 5/65 awakened Colossus at the time and I wasn’t wise to Emma’s use either.

Crcrcrc said:

Etjama said:

Wow... this... this is laughable. Even taking away that you just called Domino a top 3 moment for a sec, are you seriously not going to mention Omega Red, who is the best Mutant in the game with a high sig and suicides? He almost counters as much as Quake and Ghost and melts 600k healthpools without breaking a sweat.
    First of all, calling someone's (who was a lot more experience than you) opinion laughable is a good way to make null a reasonable conversation.
    But I have a R5 sig 100-something Omega and I still believe that. I give him 4th or 5th spot. Omega is heavily dependent on suicides and high sig. And if we're talking 6*s, high sig is an important factor. Because unless you're a whale you're not going to get him there for a long time. I've 100% everything in the game and have a total of 40 mutant sig stones. And I have suicides off more than I have them on, so yeah I'd rather have Domino. Even though she's good with them too.
    Did you just say you have way more experience without knowing his progress? That in itself is laughable. We aren't talking about Domino's rating in your roster, but in the game as a whole if you had ideal conditions for all of them. Domino with trinity, OR with suicides at sig 200. OR is way, way more valuable than Domino for lots of content.
    Lol I know his progress just from what I've seen on here, and I know what my experience is. You can't get more. Unless you've played tier 1 war I guess.
    In the game as a whole, that's still where I rate her. That's my opinion.
    Oh really? You've seen his full account and determined that just because you have done slightly more gives you the ability to negate people's opinions? Domino is good on defense. That is all I would use her for over OR or Havok or Apoc.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

I picked Domino over Colossus or Emma in my Abyss Mutant Nexus and I regret it every time I see her in my roster.

You’re not joking are you.

Excuse me while I go scream at a rock on your behalf
    I already had a 5/65 awakened Colossus at the time and I wasn’t wise to Emma’s use either.
    I really should have got that Emma guide out sooner. This could have been prevented.

Don’t give up. It gets better.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★

Ive said this before but a champ that can ONLY compete with other options when they use synergies isn't a top 5 champ, Domino trinity is a worse ghost trinity. Ghost can easily be played on her own and is undeniably one of the best champs in game. Also ghost trinity has actual utility & damage. Sure you used her for NF but was she the best option? No.

If that's the case why do so many people think so highly of Captain Marvel when the Nick Fury synergy is a necessity for her?
    Meebleton said:

Ive said this before but a champ that can ONLY compete with other options when they use synergies isn't a top 5 champ, Domino trinity is a worse ghost trinity. Ghost can easily be played on her own and is undeniably one of the best champs in game. Also ghost trinity has actual utility & damage. Sure you used her for NF but was she the best option? No.

If that's the case why do so many people think so highly of Captain Marvel when the Nick Fury synergy is a necessity for her?
    To be fair, Nick the best or second best skill champ depending on who you ask

The other two trinities, while wasp, masacre and red hulk are great, it’s not quite the same as having a synergy with one of the best champs arguably in the game. And it’s only one team spot.

Not saying I disagree, but that’s something that should be considered

Meebleton said:

To be fair, Nick the best or second best skill champ depending on who you ask

The other two trinities, while wasp, masacre and red hulk are great, it’s not quite the same as having a synergy with one of the best champs arguably in the game. And it’s only one team spot.

Not saying I disagree, but that’s something that should be considered
    And as I mentioned before, that synegy just gives her a liner counter utility-wise. Domino with synergies still doesn't beat out any other top Mutants without synergies in my book.
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    edited December 2020

Completely false. The thing with what you're saying is is that you're putting a RNG reliant damage dealer with RNG reliant utility over someone who has better burst damage immediately with no RNG involved? Why would you prefer to leave things up to chance. And with the massacre synergy, THAT IS TWO EXTRA SLOTS FOR ONE CHAMPION ON YOUR TEAM. You're telling me you'd also rather use someone who depends on synergies (and still isn't that great with them) versus someone who doesn't like omega red? So, not only are you wrong. You're putting domino over the best mutant champion in this game. And before you hit me with the "I've done more content card", I can pretty well guarantee you I've done more
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Rouger4 said:

It’s cool we all have different opinions.

Yeah, and some things are just false statements. i.e: "Domino is still one of the best champs in the game", "Domino is a top 5 Mutant", "Domino isn't a worthless piece of utter trash", etc.
    Saying she is trash is a bit far, but saying she has better uses than other top mutants is unjustifiable
    That one was for the memes. I have a burning hatred for Domino purely because of how overrated she is.
    So essentially your take on her is irrational because of how others regard her?

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Rouger4 said:

It’s cool we all have different opinions.

Yeah, and some things are just false statements. i.e: "Domino is still one of the best champs in the game", "Domino is a top 5 Mutant", "Domino isn't a worthless piece of utter trash", etc.
    Saying she is trash is a bit far, but saying she has better uses than other top mutants is unjustifiable
    That one was for the memes. I have a burning hatred for Domino purely because of how overrated she is.
    So essentially your take on her is irrational because of how others regard her?
    Precisely, thanks for understanding.

a

Completely false. The thing with what you're saying is is that you're putting a RNG reliant damage dealer with RNG reliant utility over someone who has better burst damage immediately with no RNG involved? Why would you prefer to leave things up to chance. And with the massacre synergy, THAT IS TWO EXTRA SLOTS FOR ONE CHAMPION ON YOUR TEAM. You're telling me you'd also rather use someone who depends on synergies (and still isn't that great with them) versus someone who doesn't like omega red? So, not only are you wrong. You're putting domino over the best mutant champion in this game. And before you hit me with the "I've done more content card", I can pretty well guarantee you I've done more
    Opinion based rankings cannot be categorically false. And you can’t do more than 100%. But ok. I guess you are the self anointed king of mcoc.
    In my opinion, Miles Morales is the best champ in the game. You're telling me that's not "categorically false"? If facts prove an opinion wrong, it's a false opinion.
    Etjama said:

a

Opinion based rankings cannot be categorically false. And you can’t do more than 100%. But ok. I guess you are the self anointed king of mcoc.
    In my opinion, Miles Morales is the best champ in the game. You're telling me that's not "categorically false"? If facts prove an opinion wrong, it's a false opinion.
    Miles Morales is better than Domino though
    Chill guys it's a joke
    But seriously, he is
    Etjama said:

a

Well you clearly haven’t heard of ‘alternative facts’

(Otherwise known as “I don’t like the truth so I’ll make something up that backs up my BS”)

(This is a comment on society, not the thread. Although it may be applicable)