**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Power Technician

This buff is possibly the worst in the game. The node reads that on every well-timed block, a tech champion with an armor up buff will power drain the opponent 15% max power. However this is the most unreliable node in the game. I parry over and over but it never triggers. I power drain maybe 1/10 parried and i’m wondering why it doesn’t power drain in every parry.

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I never had any issues using either Guardian or Guilly99
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    OP, do you have the Pacify mastery? Guessing it may be interfering with the node somehow. I have the same issue, it hardly ever drains. Hard to see the 30% reduction working that often, but something seems off.

Do you have Pacify?
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

This buff is possibly the worst in the game. The node reads that on every well-timed block, a tech champion with an armor up buff will power drain the opponent 15% max power. However this is the most unreliable node in the game. I parry over and over but it never triggers. I power drain maybe 1/10 parried and i’m wondering why it doesn’t power drain in every parry.

Are you sure you are using someone who has an armor up buff and is tech. Some people like guardian lose their armor up buff when using certain abilities and if you got armor broke by a node or interaction that could also be affecting it.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Worked every time with Warlock. Just make sure you're not on a crumbling armour node and losing your armour buff. I believe that's the path with Havok on.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Amonthir said:

OP, do you have the Pacify mastery? Guessing it may be interfering with the node somehow. I have the same issue, it hardly ever drains. Hard to see the 30% reduction working that often, but something seems off.

Do you have Pacify?
    Yeah I used to run pacify 1/3 and it definitely did seem it failed to work more than 10% of the time. Maybe because if either the power drain or fury fails, then you don't get it, so theres a doubled chance to not get it?
  • Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    Amonthir said:

Do you have Pacify?
    yes i have 3/3 pacify
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

Are you sure you are using someone who has an armor up buff and is tech. Some people like guardian lose their armor up buff when using certain abilities and if you got armor broke by a node or interaction that could also be affecting it.
    i’m not dumb. i’ve been using warlock and hulkbuster and it’s hasn’t been triggering. apparently it’s from the pacify mastery?
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    HB also has offensive AAR which also stops the node
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I removed pacify because of cavalier difficulty. Found out the AAR affects the furies when I was using Void in the former iteration of the science boost.
  • Options

Amonthir said:

Do you have Pacify?
    yes i have 3/3 pacify
    I feel like it might be because there's a 30% chance for the power drain to fail with that, and then a 30% for the fury to fail, even if the power drain works, so the chance that it would work if my idea is correct would be .7*/.7, so 49%?
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Do you have pacify and a tendency to overexaggerate?

I really don't think he's overexaggerating that much tbh. I actually turned pacify off due to power technician. It reduces the chance to power drain on the perry, and then it also reduces the chance for that power drain to turn into a fury. I was getting about three furies per 10 parries.
  • Options

If he has pacify maxed then it's not exaggerating 🙂, which he does have and ideally a small description saying "chance for power drain to trigger can't be reduced" would be of help 🙂
    Etjama said:

I really don't think he's overexaggerating that much tbh. I actually turned pacify off due to power technician. It reduces the chance to power drain on the perry, and then it also reduces the chance for that power drain to turn into a fury. I was getting about three furies per 10 parries.
    yeah that was a tongue - in- cheek joke. I don't think its 1/10 but its definitely less often than you'd think
  • Options

Amonthir said:

Do you have Pacify?
    yes i have 3/3 pacify
    I feel like it might be because there's a 30% chance for the power drain to fail with that, and then a 30% for the fury to fail, even if the power drain works, so the chance that it would work if my idea is correct would be .7*/.7, so 49%?
    I see. i might have to take off pacify now. thank you.
  • Options

Amonthir said:

Do you have Pacify?
    yes i have 3/3 pacify
    I see. i might have to take off pacify now. thank you.
    Yeah, i recently removed it because i felt it hurt more than it helped.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    This node has two parts.
    1) Tech champs with Armor Up Buff will power drain on well timed blocks.
    2) Tech champs gain Passive Fury when opponent's power is drained.

AAR can stop it from working.
    I use IMIW on this node. Get sp1 shock on opponent then do MLLLL combo. His repulsor hits will power drain and you can build Furies very easily.