**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 compensation [merged threads]

Comments

• LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    Lmao, I still haven't got mine. Anyone else in the same situation?
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    I completed 6.1 pre nerf and I’m still waiting so your not completely alone.
  • Hey there everyone, just to clear things up a bit, this compensation is specifically for changes made to Act 6 Chapter 3 and 4. Additionally, this compensation is rolling out to players in waves, so while it has reached some players, it may not have reached others yet.

That should have been in the in-game message.
    So is this the only compensation we will be getting?
    Idk 6.2 had some nerfs other then the champion so who knows.
  • Where are all the geniuses that thought we were getting shards, t5cc, etc...? Lol

I vaguely recall some people suggesting or predicting that. There was almost no chance of it happening.

I guess a lot of people still cling to the notion that rewards are transactional; that rewards should be proportional to difficulty, and changes to difficulty should be accompanied by changes to rewards. Unfortunately for those people, to a first order approximation zero point zero game developers believe this.

Rewards and difficulty are only loosely coupled. Content difficulty is supposed to be tuned to be appropriate to the target players likely to be running the content, while rewards are supposed to be tuned to be appropriate to the needs and inducement requirements of the players likely to be running the content (in other words, what most of them need in terms of in-game resources, and what a sufficient percentage of them need as encouragement to play it).

You can't change the rewards the story arc delivers without creating problems, and you can't justify different rewards on the basis of different difficulty. The only thing you can compensate for is the costs associated with that difficulty, and that compensation is never going to make every single person whole again.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Hey there everyone, just to clear things up a bit, this compensation is specifically for changes made to Act 6 Chapter 3 and 4. Additionally, this compensation is rolling out to players in waves, so while it has reached some players, it may not have reached others yet.

@Kabam Zibiit why is there a difference in comp when players explored the content between when attack values was nerfed and pain points was? This isn’t right
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★

Hey there everyone, just to clear things up a bit, this compensation is specifically for changes made to Act 6 Chapter 3 and 4. Additionally, this compensation is rolling out to players in waves, so while it has reached some players, it may not have reached others yet.

Will there be additional comp for those that fully explored well before talks of change were even coming?

Consumables aren’t a reward. Compensation implies a reward for time, aggravation, money etc spent. They are a nice to have but they also expire. Compensation should come in a form that we can use on our own terms not tied to a ticking clock.

Aka - rank up materials, hero crystals, and or better yet how about units back (it’s the right thing but I realize unlikely)

Very disappointed thus far.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Some response would awesome.
  • AB97AB97 Posts: 4
    What is this compensation man? This even don't match half of single chapter exploration. How these guys being so stingy on compensating players? Did you guys even know how much changed and how much you're compensating? It looks like a LOLLIPOP in the name of compensation. This is the compensation you guys waited for 2 months? Very very disappointing.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

20 free L3 revives, 30 free L5 potions, 20 free refills, and 12 free 30% boosts dropping the day before the next bit of Story content comes out seems like pretty nice compensation to me🤷🏻‍♂️

the boosts were probably the biggest thing for me, they are normally super expensive, now I have like 20 of them.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★

So what you're telling me is that my friend who completed 6.1 pre nerf and completed 6.2 6.3 and 6.4 post nerf got the compensation but I completed 6.1 and 6.2 pre nerf and 6.3 post nerf but haven't completed 6.4 so I don't get it? LOGIC
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    Texas_11 said:

Frnkielo said:

This is

This is 100 percent exploration before any nerf...a smack in the face from kabam ...it’s disrespectful

Come on bro, did it cost you that many revives to complete? 30 revives are decent. Brian grant was able to solo the champion boss each time and do the entire run itemless.

I just don’t see how is it that bad

Doesn’t matter what it costed me...fact is whatever revives I used costed units...at the very least why not compensate with units and let me decide if I want to use them for revives..forcing us to store revives which expire in 14 days...second part of the problem is rewards..the content was changed but then how come after nerf they also didn’t nerf the rewards..so if the content got easier the rewards should’ve went down..since rewards for people completing it after the nerf didn’t go down then why aren’t those who finished before receiving a buffed reward
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Frnkielo said:

This is

This is 100 percent exploration before any nerf...a smack in the face from kabam ...it’s disrespectful

Come on bro, did it cost you that many revives to complete? 30 revives are decent. Brian grant was able to solo the champion boss each time and do the entire run itemless.

I just don’t see how is it that bad
    I would have been perfectly happy, if the difference between exploration and completion was larger.
    I honestly don’t know the “economy of rewards” but this has to be well over 4500k worth of items. Let’s just say for the sake of rushing through content and eager to get rewards you spend $100 bucks on the champion boss that’s 3k units. Let’s say you are a mid level player with a big heart $150 bucks = 4450 units or so .

Let’s say you are a high tier player to finish everything is 800 units or 29.99 or so let’s say you are a player that if you focus things go right 1450 units = $49.99

What I’m seeing is that players say that it took them More than $200 worth of units to 100% a single chapter?
    So why not 4,500units as compensation since u said that’s how much they gave us...units don’t expire..items do

Oh it reached me already...why is kabam focusing on revives for what they think it took to beat the harder content and not rewarding us for actually beating the harder content..you saying to us “here take these revives bcuz this is how many more times you probably died”...instead of saying “wow you pushed through all that hard content here’s your rewards...I would understand not giving us rewards for compensation if when the content was nerfed then the rewards should’ve been nerfed also

• 20 free L3 revives, 30 free L5 potions, 20 free refills, and 12 free 30% boosts dropping the day before the next bit of Story content comes out seems like pretty nice compensation to me🤷🏻‍♂️

Would you happen to know if any comp will be given for the other changes in 6.2? If not still an incredible comp especially before a new act and variant.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Does anyone know if there will be compensation for individual chapters? Or did you have to complete act 6 to get it?
  • MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
    Not a bad compensation but great timing just before the release of Act 7 / Book 2 and also Variant 6 is also around the corner. I am satisfied with the compensation.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Does anyone know if there will be compensation for individual chapters? Or did you have to complete act 6 to get it?

This compensation was specifically for 6.3 and 6.4
  • Art357Art357 Posts: 91

Really they are hardest boss fights !!!
    What about 6.1.5, 6.2.2, 6.2.5
    These 3 Quests also bragged tons of Units from everyone for purchasing revives and heal potions..
    Why don't we get compensation atleast for those ?????
  • Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 401 ★★
    I'd just like to thank kabam for the nice message/compensation I got that contained nearly 2.5k units worth of resources from my act 6 run, which will most likely help me with act 7 and variant 6 so props to you kabam for coming through!! I now expect all sorts of thank posts after the constant bashing of kabam to give us compensation, now they have let's that thank you😁
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    100% rewards sucks
    And rather giving pots at least gave the units equivalent because that’s what i used
    Why forcing us to get pots (it should be players’ discretion on what things he wants to spend those units)

Tbh these pots hardly make you clear 2-3 quest fully in pre-nerf phase.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    I didn't get anything I got cavalier before the nerf is this normal?
    Plz I need answers