**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Worst side event of the year 2020

Umar7Umar7 Posts: 44
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Greetings everyone.
So, I grinded quite a few hours in the new side event and was able to to buy 15 2020 cavalier crystals. I had seen many people open them before and pretty much everyone got very decent 5* pulls, some with even 6*. I was very excited to get my hands on a 5/6* apoc, prof x, cgr, etc.
However, at the end of the crystal opening, I couldn't believe myself. The impossible happened. I didn't even get a single 5/6*, let alone a 5/6* of my top desire. Got all useless 3*,4*. Its important to note that I'm at a point in game where anything below 5* doesn't matter at all.
Reason why this is the worst side event of the year is that all previous side events atleast reward 5/6* shards, rankup materials. Some grant more, some less. Atleast, whatever you get, it counts.
Utterly disappointed that Kabam made the most anticipated side event a complete RNG dependent event where summoners like me don't get anything against their time and effort.

Here's the video link for the wretched crystal opening if anyone is interested:
https://youtu.be/BmT3BeXDdHg

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    My crystal drops from these weren’t great, but my RNG wasn’t fortunate. From what I see there is a high success rate and people are getting a lot of good champs and rarities from them
  • Umar7 said:

Reason why this is the worst side event of the year is that all previous side events atleast reward 5/6* shards, rankup materials. Some grant more, some less. Atleast, whatever you get, it counts.

Every player is different. I found the rewards to be extremely good for myself, because for me a bunch of 5* and 6* shards has only so much benefit, while the Cav crystals that were locked to only one year allowed me to target champs I was less likely to have, which increased the likelihood I would get something either interesting or useful dramatically. Given a choice between a few 5* crystals or the eighteen or so targeted Cavs, I would take the Cavs every time. Or rather, I would take them now, when I don't have many of the champs released in 2020 yet.
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    I did get (surprisingly) lucky this event, but that point aside I think the event was fair:

- easy side event
    - being given chance at pulling the champ you wanted (no luck for me in getting HT from these crystals)

If anything, I wish it didn't use energy to run :)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Nobody forced people to use energy refills. That was the players individual choice. The drop rates were also clearly displayed. Does rng suck sure but at least these crystals only cost you the time you invested in the grind. The difficulty was pretty low in this event and it was a side event so you could have skipped it if you didn't like the drop rates and used the time on eq for guaranteed value in the rewards. This is the first time I can recall that kabam let us target champs by year in a cav crystal. If these crystals were offered for units they would be a big hit. Instead they were offered for free. You also got gold, iso, and shards even if you didn't get the champs you were after.

Question. Did you pull anything above a 4*?
  • C_Trooper88C_Trooper88 Posts: 80
    That's bad luck, but that's just it right, these crystals are all RNG. I've popped open 15 so far and gotten four 5 stars (although none that I wanted). Two in a row were 5* Hulk Ragnarok, so who knows how the RNG works!
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    edited December 2020

Dshu said:

Nobody forced people to use energy refills. That was the players individual choice. The drop rates were also clearly displayed. Does rng suck sure but at least these crystals only cost you the time you invested in the grind. The difficulty was pretty low in this event and it was a side event so you could have skipped it if you didn't like the drop rates and used the time on eq for guaranteed value in the rewards. This is the first time I can recall that kabam let us target champs by year in a cav crystal. If these crystals were offered for units they would be a big hit. Instead they were offered for free. You also got gold, iso, and shards even if you didn't get the champs you were after.

Question. Did you pull anything above a 4*?
    1 5* red guardian. Not game changing for my account. I was more excited to pull 3* spiderham. I also didn't waste resources like energy refills to complete it. If you had pulled 18 meme tier 5*s would it have been any more game changing for your account and improved your thoughts on the event.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

Umar7 said:

Greetings everyone.
    So, I grinded quite a few hours in the new side event and was able to to buy 15 2020 cavalier crystals. I had seen many people open them before and pretty much everyone got very decent 5* pulls, some with even 6*. I was very excited to get my hands on a 5/6* apoc, prof x, cgr, etc.
    However, at the end of the crystal opening, I couldn't believe myself. The impossible happened. I didn't even get a single 5/6*, let alone a 5/6* of my top desire. Got all useless 3*,4*. Its important to note that I'm at a point in game where anything below 5* doesn't matter at all.
    Utterly disappointed that Kabam made the most anticipated side event a complete RNG dependent event where summoners like me don't get anything against their time and effort.

I bet if you got. 6* Apocalypse it'd be the best event ever.
    I did get 6* Apoc! #thenewmutanttreasureisland
    That's awesome. I got 2 4*'s and the rest 3*'s.

No Side Event should center around Cavalier Crystals.

There is a boss rush for guaranteed rewards. If you didn't like the side event do the boss rush but the difficulty is much higher. Also they give cavalier crystals as rewards for Completion of act 6 chapters which is also far more difficult and time consuming than this side event. For the time and resources required I still don't see it as the worst and I would say the same if id pulled all 3*.
    Dshu said:

No Side Event should center around Cavalier Crystals.

There is a boss rush for guaranteed rewards. If you didn't like the side event do the boss rush but the difficulty is much higher. Also they give cavalier crystals as rewards for Completion of act 6 chapters which is also far more difficult and time consuming than this side event. For the time and resources required I still don't see it as the worst and I would say the same if id pulled all 3*.
    I'm sorry, but diverting the attention to other content is ignorant to the issue being discussed. We're talking about this Event, not the Challenge, not the Arena coming up, or any other unrelated aspect. THIS Event is what I'm talking about, and it shouldn't center around rolling Cavalier after Cavalier as its main focus. That's my opinion, and you're free to agree or disagree, but I'm not going to be told to go do something else. It was the worst Side Quest I've done in 5 years.

@GroundedWisdom not sure if you finished the boss rush but it was far more difficult and time consuming and my rewards for that were pretty lackluster as well. Rng can suck but thats always been the way with this game.
    Dshu said:

@GroundedWisdom not sure if you finished the boss rush but it was far more difficult and time consuming and my rewards for that were pretty lackluster as well. Rng can suck but thats always been the way with this game.

Better than mine. Duped 6* Modok and Nova from nexus.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah the rewards are fine. the shard value is higher than what you would get normally considering that they are newer, rarer champs. no cats tho

Dshu said:

Rng can be a kick in the junk. I've never pulled a new champ from the feature crystals in past events just meme tier old champs. Being frustrated by rng I get but saying the event is the worst because of poor rng just sounds like entitled crying. Im also going to guess those unhappy with the side event are really going to hate the cav crystals rewarded from act 6.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Umar7 said:

Greetings everyone.

I bet if you got. 6* Apocalypse it'd be the best event ever.
    I did get 6* Apoc! #thenewmutanttreasureisland
    That's awesome. I got 2 4*'s and the rest 3*'s.
    🔥amazing.
    Dshu said:

Dshu said:

Rng can be a kick in the junk. I've never pulled a new champ from the feature crystals in past events just meme tier old champs. Being frustrated by rng I get but saying the event is the worst because of poor rng just sounds like entitled crying. Im also going to guess those unhappy with the side event are really going to hate the cav crystals rewarded from act 6.
    Most likely. The way I see it, all side events have crystals. This one is cavs others are 5 and 6*'s. I'd rather be disappointed from cavs vs 1 6* or 5*. There was plenty of resources in there as well. I'd take this side event over most any day.
    That's where I disagree. I'd rather have Shards or other Resources I can surely put to use than take a chance at a 3* or 4* that do nothing for my Roster. The odds on the Cavs are way too narrow to be rewarding on a Side Event. They're horrible. It's the same reason I don't wig out on Cavs. Just a horrible experience for a monthly Side Quest.

That's where I disagree. I'd rather have Shards or other Resources I can surely put to use than take a chance at a 3* or 4* that do nothing for my Roster. The odds on the Cavs are way too narrow to be rewarding on a Side Event. They're horrible. It's the same reason I don't wig out on Cavs. Just a horrible experience for a monthly Side Quest.

There was tons of resources in the event as well though. To me, the Cavs were just extra.
    No, they can be used. There are Resources in other Events as well. What there also is, are Shards appropriate to the level you're doing. There aren't any in this Event. Just a chance to spin some Cavs. Which means it's VERY rewarding for some people, but the other end of that is it sucks ##### for others. I don't even mean in a way that people got ISO, or Cats, or "garbage pulls". I mean no use whatsoever, aside from the Dup Shards. Something that is intended to balance the RNG in spending became the base outcome in an Event designed to reward people as it does every month, and that shouldn't be.
    There should have at least been an option to trade them in for other Shards. I wouldn't have rolled 18 of them.