**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Longshot.......Worth ranking up?

J0E_HardyJ0E_Hardy Posts: 100
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So basically I got a 4* Longshot from my nexus crystal (It was him, cable, or king groot lol) and I'm wondering if he's worth levelling/ranking up. I left the game around when he came out so never heard how good/bad he is.....I'd appreciate if instead of just saying "Longshot bad" or "Good" leave me a longer comment saying why he's bad/good, if he needs to be awakened, useful synergies, and the lot.
Thanks all!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Longshot is very good
    You should definitely rank him up

His SP2 with the right Setup does MASSIVE DAMAGE
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Longshot is great.. Sig ability is good to have but doesnt affect his damage ability..

Sp2 has massive damage..
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    he’s okay... depends on the rest of your roster
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Long shot is very good i advise watching a video from a youtuber about him. Basically when he gets 5 good karmas he can get massive special damage (easiest way to get good karma is to hold heavy attack or dex) next you want to get up to SP2, while getting bad karma on the apponent ( you get bad karma by heavy attacking the enemy so just parry then heavy) and that all i know about longshot! really advise watching a vid about him
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    If you havent done 5.4 yet then he's worth it just for the fact that he will shred through every single fight on the resistor node.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,296 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Longshot sp1 has bleed and sp2 is incinerate base damage with correct setup.
    Longshot has 5 stacks good karma (pure of heart)(you can watch videos how to use him), and opponent has 5 stacks bad karma.. use his sp2 to inflict incinerate damage (might not be equal to Sunspot sp2 but nevertheless very effective). In case opponent is bleed and incinerate immune.. Longshot can still be use but the damage numbers will be lower.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Does a bear #### in the woods? ;)
    (Yes.)
  • J0E_HardyJ0E_Hardy Posts: 100
    Qacob said:

If you havent done 5.4 yet then he's worth it just for the fact that he will shred through every single fight on the resistor node.

I'm only at 4.2 lol
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    He turns buffs into damage .. a lot of damage. Those are pretty much the places where you want to use him. He's got some things with Ability Accuracy which results in him doing the things he does without fail .. unless someone is immune to something (like incinerate) which is a nice little bonus.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    J0E_Hardy said:

So basically I got a 4* Longshot from my nexus crystal (It was him, cable, or king groot lol) and I'm wondering if he's worth levelling/ranking up. I left the game around when he came out so never heard how good/bad he is.....I'd appreciate if instead of just saying "Longshot bad" or "Good" leave me a longer comment saying why he's bad/good, if he needs to be awakened, useful synergies, and the lot.
    Thanks all!

He can be hella awesome broham. Check this video out..my extremely infant new ameature channel at ABOMBtv
    https://youtu.be/nLQcY2ltdAY
  • MadTing123MadTing123 Posts: 118
    Just rank it up mate
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    The damage you'll get from his SP2 is massive especially if the opponent has buffs. The SP1 stings a lot too. A real assassin.
  • I have found him to be a bit of a luxury champion personally but that’s comparing him to Doom and Sym who are my mainstays.
    There’s very few things more satisfying than melting 150k in one sp2.

Mine is R2 unawakened currently, I will R3 him after Sym Supreme unless I get someone like Doom as a 6*
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    J0E_Hardy said:

Thanks all!

For fun and damage, I guess. He’s good if you don’t have any other string buff control champ.

However his utility is pretty poor. I’d probably say yes if you’re in need of buff control, or really enjoy him.
  • J0E_HardyJ0E_Hardy Posts: 100

Longshot is amazing, I highly recommend him. Contrary to what people say, he's not completely reliant on the opponent's Buffs, as his Bad Karma can also be converted into Incinerate damage. His only downsides are his lack of utility and uselessness in Incinerate and Bleed immune matchups. Even the first scenario can be remedied by Awakening him, but if the opponent is Bleed immune, or even worse, Incinerate immune, he'll struggle to push through matches.

He'll wreck any other fight though, he's a lane clearing monster. Definitely Rank him Up, he's absolutely worth it.

I spent a bit playing him and you're right he's amazing.......takes a bit of skill to do the good/bad karma thing but he's awesome! Def taking him to R4
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★

Does a bear #### in the woods? ;)
    (Yes.)

Not in Russia they don't