**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Scarlet Witch and her Veil of Fortune signature abilitie

Because of her Veil of Fortune signature abilitie:

1 - Scarlet Witch sometimes places a armor buff on the opponent.
2 - Scarlet Witch sometimes places a fury buff on the opponent.
3 - Scarlet Witch sometimes drains her own power.

I don't think these are intended, right? Because that would be weird.

Comments

• they are intended
  • JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    Numan2_0 wrote: »
    they are intended

Really? Then I would like to understand why...
  • its the kabam way
  • Scarlet Witch is known for causing chaos. Now that is chaos.
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    Scarlet Witch is known for causing chaos. Now that is chaos.

Yep. But I think her chaos is not detrimental to her in the comics but only to people around her.
  • WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    she will just nullify the buff anyways. So it really is nothing
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Because the way her ability reads is literal.. it's intended to be "chaotic." She uses chaos empowered magic.

Although they made it favor the opponent more back when she got nerfed, because instead of being random it was just a way to give yourself a dozen buffs, and mostly still does that if her sig level is high enough.

As another poster already said she also nullifies them away by getting criticals on the opponent. So, it's not a big deal.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    She only power drains herself if she is struck
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    And the power drain always affects both champs, not just SW.
    DANCFC wrote: »
    Power drain can happen on any attack in the fight.
    Chaos magic means anything can happen.
    SW has always sometimes given buffs to opponents etc as part of the randomness of her Veil.
    Please don't clog forums with issues that the mods have to search through when the Champs description explains all. Slows them from fixing actual bugs

Well I still have not seen any official answer from Kabam and her signature abilitie description doesn't say anything about how the buffs and debuffs will be applied.

We all know that buffs effects are usually supposed to help you and not your opponent, that is why I think this is a bug.

If this really wasn't a bug I think Kabam would have seen it and explained to everyone and closed the thread, so until that happens this is a potential bug.

Fixing this issue wouldn't change the chaos of her signature abilitie. I think the generation of buffs(you) and debuffs(oponent) randomly is still chaos.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Plz just max MD and you'll be greatful it gives them buffs for you to nullify so you can then just spam her l2 on them
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Plz just max MD and you'll be greatful it gives them buffs for you to nullify so you can then just spam her l2 on them

Yep, unless you get power drained first by the Veil of Fortune.
  • Let’s just not bring anything up about scarlet witch she is fine the way she is and I would rather she not get further nerfed since I finally have her duped after 2 years playing. If you don’t like her sig ability please feel free not to use her.
  • SjanddsSjandds Posts: 117
    Well i dont is it me or any one else notices this thing when sw places fury buff on opponent the opponent does less damage from basic attack than he was doin in normal. I dont know about this thing i have just noticed since my last 2 fights
  • Sjandds wrote: »
    Well i dont is it me or any one else notices this thing when sw places fury buff on opponent the opponent does less damage from basic attack than he was doin in normal. I dont know about this thing i have just noticed since my last 2 fights

She doesnt place fury buffs on opponents. You might be talking about her placing Weakness debuffs on opponents.
    She will, occasionally, place fury or armor up buffs on opponents. That’s what people here are talking about.

And to be clear, power drain will only trigger when an opponent hits you. If you’re hammering on the enemy without taking a hit, you won’t see power drain.
    Power drain, heal block and poison only trigger when you get hit. Other buffs/debuffs like weakness and regen only trigger when you’re attacking. Sounds like some people aren’t noticing this detail.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    This is a non-issue really. Scarlet's sig ability is almost ALWAYS in your favor.

As far as the post about "Chaos Magic", it may be "chaos" but her ability is called Veil of FORTUNE! It creates random but fortunate buffs and debuffs typically in her favor. At least that is my experience.

I am not in the least dissatisfied with her sig 99 ability. One of the absolute best in the game IMO.
  • Redwulf67Redwulf67 Posts: 55
    And to be clear, power drain will only trigger when an opponent hits you. If you’re hammering on the enemy without taking a hit, you won’t see power drain.

This is absolutely false. I had her power drain herself literally hundreds of times with out being hit. Please do not spread misinformation.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Redwulf67 wrote: »

This is absolutely false. I had her power drain herself literally hundreds of times with out being hit. Please do not spread misinformation.

She power drains opponent all the time for me while I'm hitting them. Yup. Weird it doesn't do that for you @Mirage_Turtle
    Strange. I used her extensively before her Big nerf (12.0?) when they changed the values and duration of each buff. Ive since started a new account and don’t have her.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that she worked the way I described in the past. When they changed her, I thought only values and durations changed. If triggers changed as well, then I’m wrong. Consider my info outdated. Sorry for the confusion.
    I’m going to try this out myself using a 2*. I’ll report back later.
  • CjlocoCjloco Posts: 13
    Please check the nodes your are fighting. I have never seen sw give buffs to the person I am fighting. Maybe you were fighting a mirror node.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    1. When hit SW will sometimes power drain both champs entirely
    2. SW can power drain the opponent when she hits them, the text will appear in red but it won’t drain her energy.
    3. SW can place armour up and fury on opponents when hitting them. Not a bug, don’t act like it is just because you don’t know how she works.

Source: I have a R4 sig99 SW that I once used as a crutch.
    I’m going to try this out myself using a 2*. I’ll report back later.

I'm sorry, but I've got to stand by my original statement. I took a highly duped 2* SW into ROL and hit WS around 1000 times and saw everything I usually see. Power drain was not one of them.

Power drain only occurs when SW is getting hit. This will drain 100% of the power from both champs.

When attacking, SW can power lock the opponent. This means while the debuff is active, the opponent is unable to generate power.

SW can also power steal, which is different from power drain, when attacking. Power steal reduces power from the opponent and instantly increases your own power bar. The words "Power Steal" appear on both sides of the screen, which may be causing some of the confusion here.

When attacking, SW can gain fury, place fury on the enemy, gain cruelty, gain regeneration, inflict weakness, inflict power lock, inflict stun, and power steal. I'm fairly certain she can place an armor up on the opponent. I have a screenshot of this from a long time ago (against Magneto in arena). I assume I was doing the attacking.

When getting attacked, SW can inflict poison, inflict heal block, and power drain.
    I'd be curious to see a video/screenshot of SW doing a power drain when attacking. I've never seen it happen myself.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Pretty sure he or she means power steal, they're confused. SW has a chance to power steal on her crits when attacking, her power drain is different, it'll only activate if the opponent hits her with a critical hit (it has a chance of course, not guaranteed), draining 100% of both SW and the opponent's power.
  • Redwulf67Redwulf67 Posts: 55
    I used her extensively pre 12.0 and it most certainly power drained on hitting opponent. Never really cared tho because using a special was losing a chance for 4 buffs back then.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Sjandds wrote: »

She doesnt place fury buffs on opponents. You might be talking about her placing Weakness debuffs on opponents.

I think you may be mistaken.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    I used her extensively pre 12.0 and it most certainly power drained on hitting opponent. Never really cared tho because using a special was losing a chance for 4 buffs back then.

I've used her for such a long time, you Mean power steal, it doesn't take all their power but it does take some. Power drain only activates with a chance, when the opponent hits you with a critical hit, it'll drain all of your power and the opponent's power.

When she's attacking, she has a chance to POWER STEAL on her critical hits man. Stop spreading false information. Go use her on attack and you'll see it says power steal when you're attacking, but if you get hit with a critical hit it might power drain.