**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2020 - Goals vs Reality

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
Quick intro:

I created my account in 2016, played for a couple of months, and then went on hiatus for more than 3 years. When I came back in Oct 2019, I picked up my story progression (which was Act 4.2 iirc), joined an alliance, and discovered the Parry and Dexterity masteries. 🀣🀣🀣

Fast forward mid-December I got Uncollected after learning my first ever 5* champion - Corvus Glaive.

To be honest, I didn't know who or what he was when I pulled him a couple weeks earlier. I ranked him up a couple of times and took him to AW, where a 6r1 King Groot traumatized me so much because I didn't know how KG worked. πŸ˜†

Going into 2020, I pulled Red Hulk and CMM as my first two 6* champions.

Then I thought to myself that I should be able to get Cavalier by the end of the year. January was focused on saving units and potions and, to my surprise, I was able to push through to beat 6.1 with this team:

My 2020 Goal achieved almost 11 months ahead of schedule. πŸ˜† Since then, it's been completing/exploring variants, story quests, and monthly quests.

All in all, it's been an awesome year for progression, as well as meeting and getting to know other summoners and the community. Let's also not forget the drama during the end of the first half of the year. Haha

Here's to the coming year πŸ₯‚ and looking forward to another good, if not great, time playing the game we all get depressed by, like, hate, love (at different times or even at the same time) but generally enjoy since we're all still here playing it.

Sorry the intro got a lot longer than I initially planned. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Share your stories below or in your own post. If there's at least one other summoner who finds insight or inspiration from it, then it's worth it.

As always, Cheers! 🍻

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Been playing since like early 2015, but took long breaks. Got uncollected last year then pulled a 5* Ghost. Explored act 5 in June this year, then got banned throughout July. Came back in August and got cavalier. At that point, I had only 1 rank 5 5*.
    Got 5* G99 and explored variant 3. A lot of other stuff happened, and at this point I've explored variant 3-5, completed variant 2, completed act 6 and explored 6.1.

I have 11 rank 5 5* and 2 rank 2 6*.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Unio77 said:

This guy got further than me in 11 months that I did in 3 and a bit years

Two words: arena grinding πŸ˜‚
    Unio77 said:

Hieitaku said:

Unio77 said:

This guy got further than me in 11 months that I did in 3 and a bit years

Two words: arena grinding πŸ˜‚
    Can I hire you? πŸ˜‚
    I've got no time to grind arena.

Any tips you could give?
    Suicide masteries is the 2nd biggest factor for me.

Start with 4* basic arena and maybe 4* featured if you have enough 5* champs. Even getting to 3mil in the 5* featured (if you have a dozen or so 6* champs) also helps stack those units and shards.

The biggest factor is a good combination of time and patience.

Already sent the time consumption for me for each arena via chat.

For me, 2020 was the year of many firsts for my account.

I took my very first venture into Map 7 in the early days of 2020, much to the disappointment of my AQ potion stash:

I completed Act 6 for the first time in March, and willingly subjected myself to the exploration gauntlet between March and June:

I took my first champ to R3, that same month, sparking a mild love affair that endures to this day:

I took my first run at the Abyss in July, and didn’t blink, subsequently finalising exploration 5 months later in November:

And this week in December, I brought up my total R3 count to 5 (pictured below), finally breaking 12k prestige and participating in my first celebrity challenge as a celebration of sorts:

Been a great year for growth, both in-game and IRL. Here’s to an even better 2021 πŸ₯‚

This could very well be my major goal for next year - Act 6 exploration and Abyss completion. Not looking forward to doing marathon fights in the Abyss, but I'm not 100% sure until I try it.

Awesome story. πŸ₯‚
    HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

Been playing since like early 2015, but took long breaks. Got uncollected last year then pulled a 5* Ghost. Explored act 5 in June this year, then got banned throughout July. Came back in August and got cavalier. At that point, I had only 1 rank 5 5*.
    Got 5* G99 and explored variant 3. A lot of other stuff happened, and at this point I've explored variant 3-5, completed variant 2, completed act 6 and explored 6.1.

Banned? Why?
    "Account sharing", possibly.
    HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

Banned? Why?
    "Account sharing", possibly.

Not as deep as you think tho :D
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    My acievements:
    -Became Uncollected
    -Completed ROL
    -Became cav
    -Started the year with 4 5 stars, currently have around 40 5 stars with many dupes
    -Started the year with 0 6 stars and I now have 6 6 stars out of which only one is usable
    -Got 2 r5's and around 4 r4 5 stars

My best pulls of the year:
    5*Ghost, 5* Quake, 5* Aegon, 5* Archangel, 5* Cap IW and 5* Void.
  • Jr_StarkJr_Stark Posts: 182 β˜…β˜…
    First installed this game about 2 years ago. I didn't even play for a week. After a year, I decided to try again and started in December 2019. So this year is kind of my 1st year.

Became Uncollected on June 1st and Cavalier on November 21st (I remember the dates :sweat_smile: )
    As of now, I have 47x 5* ( 9x R4 ) and 5x 6* champs.
    Next year's target is to do Variants and Act 5 exploration at first before moving to 6.2.

Also, would like to thank the entire community here.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    What are your opinions in act 7 @Hieitaku ?
    You excited for this new chapter or are you more excited for variant 6?
    Unio77 said:

What are your opinions in act 7 @Hieitaku ?
    You excited for this new chapter or are you more excited for variant 6?

Haven't watched any guides (like at all) but Map 1 looks pretty manageable. I tried the skill path and at the very least, it's great for Γ†gon. The first fight with Nebula is a nice one to ramp even the 6r3 on suicides up to 100+. Hidden boss though lol
    What the?!? I didn't find a boss in map 1.

Maybe I should watch a guide before moving on. πŸ˜†
  • PtkVascoPtkVasco Posts: 161 β˜…
    I created my account at the squirrel event, I stopped playing because I had no time, I came back at the beginning of the pandemic and I play every day, about 4 hours a day, I got a cavalier in October and this is my team today.
    ps: longshot is my sixth man

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kill_Grey said:

May I ask you why you got banned?

Kill_Grey said:

May I ask you why you got banned?
    I explained above.
  • Omega007HazeOmega007Haze Posts: 60 β˜…

My first full synergy team is nearly complete... WEAPON OMEGA
    Pulled 5*Wolverine on Cyber weekend, he is at R4, 120 sig... Pulled 5* Guardian dupe tonight with Cav 5k shards and a Tech crystal. Need a 5 or 6* Sabertooth for balance, fuc a 4*, but vital for synergy.
    Mags at R5, but only 40 sig.
    Guardian at R2, about to jump to R4, but need T1A... and Wolverine should hit R5 by end of next week.

I have 60k 6* shards.... please give me Apocalypse in 5 days. That is all i want for Christmas lol... And then its Apocalypse, Sinister, Storm X, Archangel, and hopefully a future OMEGA SENTINEL!!!
    Share your stories guys and gals πŸ‘‹