**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War feedback.

t9e326kdjdl4.jpeg
om439zzhhx4y.png

I’ve been mulling this over for some time now and it seems to me, the current Alliance War system has taken away the most important aspect of alliance wars. SKILL

The proof is in the scoring. I’ll try to spell it out.
Boss kills. Nobody should be able to win wars if they can kill the boss. Having this weighted heavily is definitely the right way to go. But how do you measure who the most skillful alliance is. Exploration is a great tool. If one alliance can kill the bosses while clearing 100% of the map, shouldn’t they deserve a win? But what if it’s close. This is where the scoring system isn’t quite right. Here is why:

Points for defender rating? Is it fair to give a bigger alliance an advantage. Isn’t it more impressive when a smaller alliance can 100% a bigger alliances map. Yet if it came down to this as a tie breaker, the bigger alliance wins every time. Get rid of it.

Points for placing a champ? Is it fair to give an alliance an advantage just because they have a full 30 members. Isn’t it more impressive if a team of 27 can 100% a team of 30? Yet if this is a tie breaker, the full alliance wins every time. Get rid of it.

Points for attacker kills. I see validity in this. Earning a node vs taking an empty node. Makes people think about which nodes to skip if that’s an option.

Points for defender diversity. I see what Kabam is trying to do here. Even publicly stating that it’s meant to be a tiebreaker. Sure, I can see this being viable. But it’s weighted way too heavily. A tiebreaker implies that both teams have 100% each map. It implies that they are even and need a deciding factor. There are still wars being won by teams with less exploration because of diversity. It’s weighted too heavily. If team A has 100% exploration and team B has 99% exploration, who is more skilled? Yet team B can still win based on a non skill characteristic. I’m not saying get rid of it. But maybe make it worth 10 points instead of 50. Have the difference result in 100 points instead of 1000. Let the difference in exploration be more heavily weighted.

This brings us to defensive kills. I understand Kabam’s reasoning about promoting offense. But this has had the biggest impact when measuring skill. If both alliances can kill the bosses, and both alliances can 100%. Doesn’t it make sense that the team who does it the most efficiently should take home the trophy? It’s part of the chess match between alliances. Making decisions on progression through the map. Making decisions where to place defenders. These points don’t need to break the bank, but shouldn’t these points at least match diversity? It would add to the chess match. Making people think about where to draw the line of diversity that is right for their alliance.

Please bring back skill as an aspect of war. Please bring back defensive kills in some capacity. Let Boss kills and exploration reign supreme. Let defensive kills give an advantage to the most skillful. And let diversity be a true tiebreaker when all else is even.

Thank you for your consideration.

Comments

• Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    You just summerized what people have been saying for weeks. It's all in the 15.0 AW Discussion Thread.
  • Thank you Jon. I’ll check that out.
  • CaptainZexalCaptainZexal Posts: 18
    Personally I think they should issue a new set of rank down tickets, many of us built our defenders around the old AW, now that doesn’t mean anything, a lot of us now have champions that just sit there useless because of diversity. Alas this rank down ticket idea will never happen, greed is a massive Kabam trait. And they rarely think of their players and the money they’ve spent to make their roster acceptable for their alliance defence and attack.
  • Personally I think they should issue a new set of rank down tickets, many of us built our defenders around the old AW, now that doesn’t mean anything, a lot of us now have champions that just sit there useless because of diversity. Alas this rank down ticket idea will never happen, greed is a massive Kabam trait. And they rarely think of their players and the money they’ve spent to make their roster acceptable for their alliance defence and attack.

Exactly my point in another Thread... What was once my Prized and most desired AW defenders are now Squat, so I have rank 5/50's just sitting on the Bench!
  • Thanks @zero7