Options

Why I think the grind for 5K 6 star shards arena is fair.

AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
Please read my argument before agreeing/disagreeing.
The new 6 star arena gives about a total of 5k 6 star shards and requires a very long grind(about 700ish fights). It also awards a lot of units and chips and collector crystals. Let put this in to a comparative perspective. Remember act 5? It gives the same amount of 6 star shards as the completion and exploration of act 5. Can you explore act 5 100 percent in just a week? It would be really hard. It has more 6 star shards than the completion of 6.1 and 6.2. It has more shards than the full exploration of the cavalier eq. The fights are pretty easy too. Even UC's can get those 5k six star shards!. My conclusion is that you DONT need to get those 6 star shards if you dont want to grind. If you dont want to grind the arena then dont.

Comments

• Options

Yeah son grind away until you have back or neck arthritis. Have fun.

Buy units until you brute force through 6.2 which gives only 4k 6 star shards instead of 5k from this arena.
  • Options
    Djin said:

AouxWoux said:

Yeah son grind away until you have back or neck arthritis. Have fun.

Buy units until you brute force through 6.2 which gives only 4k 6 star shards instead of 5k from this arena.
    6.2 also gives other resources.
    Yes it does :smiley:. But it takes a lot of units to do so and a full stacked 5 star/6 star roster.
  • Options
    Sormor said:

It's a faulty comparison, since act 5 is permanent content that you can explore at your leisure until the servers are shut off. This is a week long event.

Can you then tell me what will be a fair comparison then? Being temporary makes it even more valuable then act 5 because these events come back every year or so. You can gain the rewards of act 5 only once.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    It is NOT fair at all. I'm not doing 200-300 rounds using 1 and 2 stars on a December. Thank you Kabam, for being so thoughtful and considerate.
  • Options
    MacvillMacvill Posts: 9

It’s value depends on where you are at in the game. For me the grind isn’t all that valuable because half a six star doesn’t do much for me. Only resource worth grinding for is T5CC.

It’s value depends on where you are at in the game. For me the grind isn’t all that valuable because half a six star doesn’t do much for me. Only resource worth grinding for is T5CC.

Specially if the champ you get is trash like my last 4 pulls rhino, abomination, ultron and agent venom, I’m a grinder I enjoy playing arenas believe it or not my best streak is 448, and my pvp fights are almost 170k, and I think this 6* arena shards are way to much, 1million for all the milestones or a higher score per match like in past arenas where the 1* stars gives you the higher scores as if they were 6* would be amazing, somehow I feel disappointed for this arenas and don’t feel the mood to grind, believe or not I’m more hyped for the specials crystals and units than the 5* shards cause i just keep puling trash from those.
  • Options

It is NOT fair at all. I'm not doing 200-300 rounds using 1 and 2 stars on a December. Thank you Kabam, for being so thoughtful and considerate.

More than 200 fights in act 5 exploration.
  • Options
    o4tg said:

T5C and T1A are harder to keep up with than 6*. Not worth it, but thats player specific and not for everyone.

I agree.
  • Options
    Abdul3221Abdul3221 Posts: 4
    Arena points are not fair specially in 6 star shards last time they give 60000 for a single fight but now only 1500 to 1900 points for a single fight
  • Options
    SormorSormor Posts: 14
    AouxWoux said:

Sormor said:

It's a faulty comparison, since act 5 is permanent content that you can explore at your leisure until the servers are shut off. This is a week long event.

Can you then tell me what will be a fair comparison then? Being temporary makes it even more valuable then act 5 because these events come back every year or so. You can gain the rewards of act 5 only once.
    You're missing the part where someone can spend a bit of time, do a path here and there, and complete act 5 over several weeks or months. These arenas force a fairly large time investment within a relatively short window. Even if act 5 took 5 times longer, you could spread it out as much as you like without fear of not being able to complete it in time. It turns what's supposed to be a fun event into a stress filled slog and the rewards are half of a random 6* which may or may not help your account in any measurable way.

I'd also contest that the shards from act 5 are not why people fully explore it. The rank up materials and awakening gem are worth more than the few 6* shards at this point, and even those have lost their value over the last 6 months.
  • Options
    Abdul3221Abdul3221 Posts: 4
    AouxWoux said:

Please read my argument before agreeing/disagreeing.
    The new 6 star arena gives about a total of 5k 6 star shards and requires a very long grind(about 700ish fights). It also awards a lot of units and chips and collector crystals. Let put this in to a comparative perspective. Remember act 5? It gives the same amount of 6 star shards as the completion and exploration of act 5. Can you explore act 5 100 percent in just a week? It would be really hard. It has more 6 star shards than the completion of 6.1 and 6.2. It has more shards than the full exploration of the cavalier eq. The fights are pretty easy too. Even UC's can get those 5k six star shards!. My conclusion is that you DONT need to get those 6 star shards if you dont want to grind. If you dont want to grind the arena then dont.

These are special Arena not the regular Act 5 exploration or monthly Event Quest so what is special about this arena or calling them special
  • Options
    ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    AouxWoux said:

So that's the conclusion that you arrived at? A temporary arena offering 5k 6* shards along with some gold and units is more valuable than the whole of Act 5?

There will always be temporary content giving out shards and gold but there is no temporary content that gives that much valuable levelling up material such as story content.

If we even try to equate the rewards, Act 5 also gives out a couple 5* crystals, t5b, 5* ag, t2A, rank up gems alongside 5k 6* shards. Being permanent content as well, I have the luxury to play at my OWN pace like Sumor said.

That last sentence is utter rubbish. You can only do the 6* arena once too, unless you want to continue grinding for minimal gold and battlechips. It isn't even a valid talking point.
  • Options
    ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    edited December 2020
    I would agree it’s fair but in all honesty I would be surprised if even a quarter of the community does all the milestones. It takes sooo much time and lots of people have better stuff do to (both in mcoc and real life) and also, the fights themselves aren’t quick. I have a r2 lvl 20 2* iron fist and it took about 70 hits to chip away a 3/30 immortal hulk with willpower, that might not seem like a lot but for one single fight it stacks up quickly
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    You know what? This arena also gives way more 6* shards than act 4 and takes a lot less time, THerEfOrE iT Is FaiR.

Act 5 was released about 3 years ago. The same time 6* champions were first released. And it was available for a little more than a week. This is an insane comparison.
  • Options
    Arena Points are at a 3* level, but battlechips are still given at a 2* level. (20% bonus included.)
    2* is 10(12) 366 a round
    3* is 15(18) 414
    4* is 25(30) 450
    5* is 40(48) 504
    6* is 60(72) 576

It makes a trade-off. Grind for lots of 6* shards, but the potential for units, etc from battlechips is minimized, The 20% boost isn't worth much here.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,393 ★★★★★
    I'm happy with it. Half a day in of not particularly hard grinding, I'm at 450,000. I estimate I'll hit the 3.4 million marker without really breaking a sweat. If I get 4 million, great; but I'm not going to complain about getting 4000 6* shards for the effort I would normally put into getting a couple of thousand 5* shards.
  • Options
    beaker1000beaker1000 Posts: 47
    I need a goid tech champ to r3 to get Thronebreaker, this arena gives me another shot at it before the christmas gift, so i'm not complaining.
    At least until i open the crystal and not getting a goid tech champ ;)