**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Honest Review: Storm X

Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
One month ago, I had completed act5 is ecstatically opened a featured hero Crystal. It rolled over a BWDO, and landed on storm x. I was determined to make the most of it and looked into her in depth. Now let’s get on to the review.

Her low health and terrible Crit rate probably the champions weakness. Her health isn’t that good.....it’s almost the worst in the game. Even in rol I could feel the chip damage she was taking.

Her terrible Crit rate is another frustrating thing, as her sp2 damage relies solely on crits for the big damage.

Her core abilities are based on her two tempests. Ice and Lightning. She activates one through her pre-fight ability, and it stays the same through the quest till u change it. If she’s knocked down, she is going to activate both of her tempests for 12 seconds, this increases her damage significantly by getting prowess faster and having higher sp3 damage similar to Havok. However, her low health pool makes this a unviable strategy.

With Ice Tempest active,she is immune to frost I tree and Coldsnap.It also gives normal attacks a good chance to glance. If your attack glances it can’t be critical, deals 50% less damage and has 100% less offensive ability accuracy. It slightly makes up for her low health but isn’t that useful.
She does have some energy resistance which lets her take less damage from electro and Magik and the like. She has energy damage which makes her a FANTASTIC counter to human torch and Korg. Plssssss fight human torch with her. ( don’t listen to me)

The lightning tempest is her bread and butter tempest.She gains full resistance to shock allowing her to heal with willpower, but by full I meant 100% so additional potency shocks can hurt her.The more offensive ability is the chance to stun the opponent per prowess, and this can scale up to 16% I think. These lets you stun lock and gain prowess faster by giving you a free opening.

Obviously, you wanna know how to get those juicy processes. Well, every time she or her opponent fills a bar of power, she gains a prowess per tempest active. This is what I meantime’s earlier .These prowess increases her special damage by 40% for 10 seconds and can stack up to 12 but this is usually impossible.The first 3 prowess you gain will last forever. JK nullify for the win. If she has 6 prowess, she gets a unblockable special which is important later.

She can gain prowess through her heavy attack. When you charge heavy, you’ll see a thing appear that increases the longer you charge till it goes up to 100. If you launch a special and you are charging your heavy, you get a 1% prowess per 1 in the counter so 100% is the max. This is where the unblockable comes in.With 6 prowess you can heavy into a special to get maximum damage.

One of her best abilities is of the opponent purifies a stun debuff, tenacity also counts. it is concerted to a passive stun for 2 seconds. Thsi counters, Kingpin and Mole Man and Agent Venom and others. But the best thing is a Mordo counter.

SP1 :
places a slow that’s passive for the whole special attack, the opponent can’t evade or be unstoppable against this special . It’s not a really useful but it’s nice to have.

When your ice tempest is active. she will gain a prowess buff increasing special damage by 10% that connects for the rest of the special. So nice damage boost. th final hit applies a Coldsnap that makes her a ok evade counter but saps her major damage.

The Special 2. This is her source of big UELLOW numbers. With ice, it places a decent shock on the opponent.

If lightning tempest is active, the shock has its potency increased based on the opponent’s stored power. It also gives her power denial per prowess making this less impractical .

Lastly, her Special 3. This activates your alternate tempest so it’s your best special for unlocking utility.

Also, due to her abysmal crit rate, and the very potent attack boost, this becomes a alternate damage special. The sp2 has more potential but with two tempest and lots of prowess this does Havok damage.

Conclusion: Overall she has some unique utility and immunities with some very bursts damage that relies on aggression to keep up prowess. A bit flimsy, but a great damage champ with underrated utility .
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Probably my longest one yet.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I have her at r4 ..my honest opinion

Pros : Immune to coldnsap and shock is a grt utility along with Glance hits . Also she has Block prof. Equal to Doom so another great aspect . Also a dormant prowess can be generated by holding heavy for 2 seconds..

Cons - She is a ramp up champ . You need mini. 5 prowess for her specials to be unblockable and deal mad damage and everytime this is not pratical . Also her prowess falls very fast so if opponent is defensive then you will have a hard time.

If you have Apoc , then she can destory anything as with Apoc synergy she gain 2 prowess per bar of power so in less time she can end fights .

If her prowess last long normally then she could have been amongst the top.

Overall as a champ - 7/10 ... I won't take her above other mutants and that includes GAMBIT too.
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Ah, frost I tree and coldsnap, my two least favorite debuffs...

But seriously, nice work! I pulled her a while back and was pumped, but my excitement quickly disappeared after taking her to R4 and realizing her crit rate is quite possibly the worst in the game. Everything you said was solid.

So do you test these all out yourself, or test some and look up others? Or how do you do it? Whichever way, they’re cool. Keep them up!
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    For me she is a Queen

But seriously, nice work! I pulled her a while back and was pumped, but my excitement quickly disappeared after taking her to R4 and realizing her crit rate is quite possibly the worst in the game. Everything you said was solid.

So do you test these all out yourself, or test some and look up others? Or how do you do it? Whichever way, they’re cool. Keep them up!

If I have them I test them, and combine my own experience with numbers and also the views of other people who know how to play the champion very well.

Also thanks, I’m so glad these threads are appreciated
    Who would u guys like me to do next?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    this sounds a lot like the guide made by @Rockypantherx
  • fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    I got her as 5* and Apoc on epoch cavs. They saved my pulls.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Another enlightened one
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Hopefully this will make ppl see her potential.
    Absolutely love her as my pfp

The only reason I made this review was because I read his guide. It inspired me to tell the forums how underrated she is.
  • Do another one

Do another one

Actually I’m making a Comparison post next, if you want to chose, go to the poll. Thanks for your support! :)
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    She is a QUEEN i ranked mine 6r3 sig60 !

She is always with in AW, destroyer of korg or all tenacity Champion or purify debuff Champion.

StormX is so much underated it's clear !
    Rouger4 said:

The only reason I made this review was because I read his guide. It inspired me to tell the forums how underrated she is.

I’m so glad you’re happy! “Thinks about how to ruin the moment” To honour u, I’ll make a review on why havok is better than omega red’
    Rouger4 said:

I’m so glad you’re happy! “Thinks about how to ruin the moment” To honour u, I’ll make a review on why havok is better than omega red’

That not an opinion, it’s just wrong
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Thank you Rouger4 for the analysis
    Got her 6* version in an epoch crystal. Of course I am happy to have had a 6* in it and moreover this wonderful champion
    No problem