**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So it's total BS that Mephisto not only stops Ice Armor at the start of fight...

2»

Comments

• Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502

But when you use ghost rider's sp1, that fate seal won't remove the timer

When you face Black Widow, the timer can be removed too.

• @Prof_Arthur101 yes,if iceman has the ice armour and you apply the fate seal it will not remove the timer

However if he has fate seal when he’s about to form his ice armour instead of forming it if the fate seal is still in her,it will remove the timer and then the iceman will need to use the l3 to get it back
  • On him*
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Its easy to beat Mephisto once you know to stay away from him during Aura of Incineration and using the heal reversal boost, ibeat him with an unduped GP
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Its easy to beat Mephisto once you know to stay away from him during Aura of Incineration and using the heal reversal boost, ibeat him with an unduped GP

The node that makes him fight agressive makes it hard
  • DocMcShottieDocMcShottie Posts: 45
    don't even need fate seal, you can parry/stun at the right time with pacify gives a chance to remove the timer/ice armor for the remaining fight
  • @DocMcShottie I did not know that,thanks
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Jay_Ibero wrote: »
    I'm not saying I can't get through master otherwise, I'm just saying it is crappy design. Between that and Mephisto's immunity to ability accuracy reduction, this is just plain bad game design. There isn't a single other character in the game that so completely nulifies everything another character does, except for like classic Black Panther since bleed is his ONLY thing. Almost any other character at least has one other ability that would be relevant against any opponent. BW vs. Spiderman? He still gets his armor break/crit boost/weaken. Ice armor should be a passive since it already has built in removal mechanics.

I'm sorry. It sounds like you're saying Mephisto is unfair to Iceman. Mephisto, who's unique damage ability is an incineration aura, is unfair to the champion who is immune to incinerate and can attack him with relative impunity.

I'm sure I must have misread that somehow.
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I'm not saying I can't get through master otherwise, I'm just saying it is crappy design. Between that and Mephisto's immunity to ability accuracy reduction, this is just plain bad game design. There isn't a single other character in the game that so completely nulifies everything another character does, except for like classic Black Panther since bleed is his ONLY thing. Almost any other character at least has one other ability that would be relevant against any opponent. BW vs. Spiderman? He still gets his armor break/crit boost/weaken. Ice armor should be a passive since it already has built in removal mechanics.

I'm sorry. It sounds like you're saying Mephisto is unfair to Iceman. Mephisto, who's unique damage ability is an incineration aura, is unfair to the champion who is immune to incinerate and can attack him with relative impunity.

Hmm...Iceman ignoring ONE of his features, still leaving him with the power gain from the aura, the regen from souls, soul imprisonment, and the features of his S2 and 3...so Mephisto is still left with the majority of his capability, while ALL of Iceman's get shut down.....Yes, Mephisto is unfaire to Iceman.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I use my 4/55 Iceman for everything and i'm sure i'll use him for master mode Mephisto.....but Iceman does not need a buff that's absurd. Having one champ that counters him is ok.....since you can just keep hitting Mephisto unlike EVERY OTHER CHAMP IN THE GAME.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Kabam always overpowers the Boss in Master Mode, its another way to Market the feature crystals.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Hmm...Iceman ignoring ONE of his features, still leaving him with the power gain from the aura, the regen from souls, soul imprisonment, and the features of his S2 and 3...so Mephisto is still left with the majority of his capability, while ALL of Iceman's get shut down.....Yes, Mephisto is unfaire to Iceman.

Iceman is indeed ignoring just one of his features but it is the most important one. Without the passive procing incinerate that can trigger at any time and the incineration aura that triggers when he uses special two, Mephisto is just not that dangerous of a boss.

Plus, you claim Mephisto gets to keep the "features" of his special two and special three attacks, but the special features of the special two and special three attack are incineration auras. You know, the very thing Iceman is immune to. Meanwhile, Iceman also gets to keep his special features of special three attacks. Which is to reform Ice armor.

So not only are you trivializing the most important advantage Iceman has over Mephisto - I repeat, the reason why players recommend using Iceman - you are also miscounting the ledger between Mephisto and Iceman. Mephisto doesn't get to "keep" the special features of S2 and S3 because both of those trigger incineration auras (S2 temporarily, S3 permanently). Those two effects are worthless against Iceman. Meanwhile if we are counting special attack features, Iceman still keeps reforming Ice Armor, so by your own counting scheme Mephisto doesn't shut down all of Iceman's features.

But separate from all of that, Mephisto cannot be unfair to Iceman when Iceman has the advantage over Mephisto. That twists the definition of "unfair" into a pretzel.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Kabam always overpowers the Boss in Master Mode, its another way to Market the feature crystals.

Yup and look how carnage i mean carbage turned out to be lmao