Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

THRONEBREAKER REQUIREMENTS PROBLEMS AND SOLUTION

The requirements to thronebreaker for anyone who doesn't know is to defeat the final Grandmaster boss in act 6 for the first time and to rank 3 any 6* champion. The grandmaster boss requirement is fine but where the problem starts is the requirement is rank 3 a 6*. I have been cavalier pretty much since that title launched with act 6 so i am what some would call a "late cavalier" player. So it upset me when one needs to rank 3 a 6* champion to upgrade to thronebreaker.
1: getting a t5cc has nothing to do with progressing your account. is it completely luck based which is not related to skill or commitment.
2: getting a t5cc can also be classified as pay to win by people who buy offers that gives them t5cc fragments or pay units to do an abyss run or 100% act 6 (don't lie if anyone says they didn't pay to do those tasks, don't tell me you grinded thousands of units, you payed.
3: idk about anyone else but my 6* luck has been abysmal to say the least and i don't want to have to rank 3 a **** 6* just to get thronebreaker (for example if I get a science t5cc, the best character I have is red hulk whos average at best)
4: also stop with the bad offers trying to charge $100 for random t5cc fragments

I feel a way to fix this would be to either change the 10% fragments from cav difficulty to a random 25% OR keep it 10% but its either in nexus form or you just choose. Because where I'm at right now, I'm barely half way to a mystic t5cc and at this rate, i might not get thronebreaker for at least 5 months (that's IF i can pull nothing but mystics)

Comments

• Options
    Revan0607Revan0607 Posts: 53
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

It will never change. Rank up a champ and be done or you're not ready for Thronebreaker

easier said than done. let me guess, you were either extremely lucky with your pulls or paid for offers or units for act 6/ abyss
    Nope, not even Thronebreaker. But it isn't my choice how progression works. I disagreed with it at first, but seeing how it keeps out the players who aren't going the distance to do Abyss or 100% act 6, I see that it is a good thing.
    yeah but "going the distance" is just coughing up money to do those 2 things cause there's no way in hell anyone grinded arena for enough units for that.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

It will never change. Rank up a champ and be done or you're not ready for Thronebreaker

easier said than done. let me guess, you were either extremely lucky with your pulls or paid for offers or units for act 6/ abyss
    Nope, not even Thronebreaker. But it isn't my choice how progression works. I disagreed with it at first, but seeing how it keeps out the players who aren't going the distance to do Abyss or 100% act 6, I see that it is a good thing.
    yeah but "going the distance" is just coughing up money to do those 2 things cause there's no way in hell anyone grinded arena for enough units for that.
    i'm sorry, can you point out a player that had to use cash to get to thronebreaker? cause i know one that didn't needed cash to reach thronebreaker. his name is Ilacsskill in youtube. he grind units everyday in arenas and he used that work and time put on the arena mode to become a thronebreaker. i have no idea what you're talking about at all.
    lol, i got an disagree for speaking truth. But it's on you for thinking like that. if you want to think like that then fine go ahead and stay like that while no one is forcing you.
  • Options

Why you assume people have to pay to finish act6 or abyss? Me and my pal decided to grind 15k units for cyber weekend and when the deals came he decided to do abyss, completely shredded it
    We are both f2p all the way. Don't throw **** at who are better than you
    Also RHulk is a beast i advice not to sleep on him

red hulk is fine but not worth a rank 3. and not saying everyone payed for abyss/ act 6. but it is like 95% of everyone
  • Options

Why you assume people have to pay to finish act6 or abyss? Me and my pal decided to grind 15k units for cyber weekend and when the deals came he decided to do abyss, completely shredded it

red hulk is fine but not worth a rank 3. and not saying everyone payed for abyss/ act 6. but it is like 95% of everyone
    you know what Red hulk can do with his heat charges being insane energy damage. energy damage with heat charge 10 at r3 will beat a r2 numbers.
  • Options

Man someone should have told me Red Hulk sucked before I took him to R3. Where was this insight when I needed it?

he's not horrible, he's one of the better science champs but he's not worth r3 when there's cap iw, void, human torch etc
  • Options

Daddrieda said:

you know what Red hulk can do with his heat charges being insane energy damage. energy damage with heat charge 10 at r3 will beat a r2 numbers.
    It's additional physical damage but the point still stands. He's pretty great.
    oh *looking around like a dumb person* lmao! but yeah i have seen folks with r3 and the damage is so crazy and fights end quick before you know
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Actually buddy, I did. My units used for my abyss run came purely from arena grinding. Its really not that hard to come up with the units to do Abyss. 1 path will cost you anywhere between 3000-5000 units based on what champs you have and how well you can play. It took me like 4 months of grinding, and I wouldn't really call it grinding cause it was just milestone rewards from 4* featured and 4* champ arenas.
  • Options

Daddrieda said:

the point is not wanting to rank up a champion you dont use.
  • Options
    hankenar77hankenar77 Posts: 18

I'd gladly take him over my r3 Mr Fantastic
    What I'm trying to say is you can easily complete act6 with grinding apart from 6.2, that chapter is a nightmare
    Best of luck
  • Options

Daddrieda said:

the point is not wanting to rank up a champion you dont use.
    it doesn't matter if it helps you to achieve the thronebreaker title because the crystals will rain rank uo materials that you can later decide whom to rank up with care. right now you can't afford to care who to rank those 6*. the thronebreaker title isn't going anywhere, but people are starting to become one and growing their collection to crazy amount of ranking that ALLIANCE WAR will become more harder, ALLIANCE QUEST will in time become harder because it's affected by prestiges of the whole 30/30 alliance members. it won't be much time left that map5 probably gonna get substantial harder with those AI having more PI, attack boost and health pool. It's up to you how you want to progress your account. if you want to cash up then fine, but if not then do arena or else do nothing.
  • Options
    i'm sorry if you feel gunned. i really do...but we care about this and are trying to tell you to change your mind that you can do it. have faith in your progression and the time it takes.
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★

Wicket329 said:

Getting a t5cc has everything to do with progressing your account. Saying you don’t need rank up materials to make progress is ludicrous.

If you haven’t explored Act 6 and you haven’t done a single Abyss path, then Thronebreaker is not meant for you. It’s that simple. I have multiple free to play alliance mates who have busy work lives and are still Thronebreaker. The requirement isn’t the problem, it’s an unwillingness to do the content.

And that’s fine! You don’t have to grind out Abyss if you don’t want to. You don’t have to slog through Act 6 exploration right now. But don’t expect to get rewarded as if you had.

its not the unwillingness to do those things, it's having no units to do those things. and dont give me that "JuSt GrInD aReNa" garbage
    You get 950 units a month from just EQ, alliance events and calendar, add the odd level up or hero use solo event and you can get the units for an abyss run in three months.