**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Act 6 even worth exploration at this point?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    In the "long run" Yes.
    Who knows if there will be another progression divide for "Breaker of Thrones" title.

Although my best bet is the next title will come at the end of Act 7 Chapter completion run.

Until then, take your time, do one lane at a time. (per week maybe, and at your own pace)
  • Options
    Yes
    I'm gonna say yes.

To add context to my answer and my point in the game, I've explored 6.1 and 6.3 100%, all the Variants (except the new one), I haven't touched Abyss in the slightest, I'm Thronebreaker, and run in a pretty casual alliance.

I don't get T5cc from AW or AQ outside of the glory store, and even though we are getting some through Cav EQ every month, it's still a rare resources to me. Act 6 has some big chunks that I want to pick up. (I also don't enjoy Abyss-type marathon content, so not touching that with a ten foot poll til maybe 2025 lol)

Overall, I actually didn't mind the half of Act 6 I've explored to far. I'm a relatively patient person when it comes to permanent content, and I'm willing to come back and tackle a lane later once I get a better counter. If I had done 6.3 back when I did a first clear of it, I probably would have been miserable. Coming back to work on it later, planning out all my teams for paths ahead of time, I was able to do a lot more itemless than I was expecting and I felt a good amount of personal satisfaction on getting it done. If I had to Unitsman my way through, it definitely wouldn't have been worth it.

I am pretty afraid of 6.2, though. There are so many paths... So many gates... 6.2.5 is a hot mess.... That chapter is definitely going to wait til last, but I'm ok taking my time on it. It'll get easier with time.

6.4 seems reasonable though, so def gonna whip out the maps and plan some teams before diving in there next.

So to me, I do think it's still worth it. It's not worth *rushing*, but it is worth doing.
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Yes
    As someone who recently explored act 6 100%

I gotta say it was not super rewarding as I would have liked, but that was because of rng.

Chapter exploration:
    Goes without saying this was SO LONG to explore, but was by far the easiest for me. Only complication I ran into was 6.1.6 with inverted controls

OH FOR SURE THIS WAS THE WORST chapter
    On top the amount of paths you had go through the gated paths remained a reason for me to push my exploration of act 6, specifically in 6.2.5 the do no go gentle paths were just straight annoying.

This was a step up from 6.2/6.1. Less paths was great. The boosts made it interesting and fun, not too much complaints(I explored 6.3.6 before the changed Ronan Cheese so idk
    How it is now)

Explored all of this before changes were made but again in comparison I still found it less annoying than 6.2. I had much better counters here

Act 6 entirely:
    Its so long and tedious, but with the difficulty of it now I actually still think its worth it....WHY?
    Because of the
    2 generics r1-2 6 star gems
    6* awakening gem crystal
    T5cc crystal
    Those are the only rewards That pushed me towards exploring the Act.(I dont like or care for Nexus crystals)

The T5cc was great, but I wish at least for the 6.4 chapter, the 25% t5cc exploration could have been a selector (literally just the one quest, but one selector would not have been bad)
    After the difficulties of past quest I wanted some sense control over the t5cc just for the future

Overall it was a 6/10 for me
  • Options
    KeyBKeyB Posts: 36
    Yes
    The "fun and interactive" restriction gates are only a problem on 6.2.5 and 6.2.6. If you can explore 6.3 and 6.4 without spending an absurd amount of units then I would say it's worth it. Also keep in mind we just got variant 6 and act 7. We won't see a big permanent content for a while so you have at least time to start exploring what you can without spending.
  • Options
    Yes
    ADDIS0N said:

Mauled said:

If you already have them I'd say fair enough - I'd be reluctant to rank up a duplicate but if you don't have them, you may as well rank them up. It's not like rank up resources are hard to get these days, especially at your stage in the game.

Just a quick example of one of the many dilemmas I’m dealing with right now.

6.2.5 Cosmic Path

Big hurdles on this path are bleed, incinerate and 1% regen IMIW.

My R4 Cosmic 5* champs: Carnage, Ronan, Proxima
    My R5 Cosmic 5* champs: Venom, Medusa, Hyperion

Non Cosmic 5th Spot Options:
    Void: Good for incinerate, IMIW and Mordo boss
    Torch: Good for incinerate and Mordo Boss
    Colossus: Good for Bleed and Incinerate

Now, most people take Corvus to cover the bleed node AND take care of IMIW using a cosmic power boost. I never even pulled a 5* Corvus until after my 6* was already R2, so Corvus is out for me unless I rank my 5*, which ain’t gonna happen.

This means that I either take Colossus to cover incinerate and bleed, leaving me without a great Mordo counter, or I take Void or Torch for Mordo, but I’m stuck without a bleed immune for that node.

Now, some of you more clever strategists might be thinking, well, what about Terrax? He’s a bleed immune cosmic!

Well, I have Terrax as a 6* and a 5* ... neither are ranked. And with the buff coming up, it would be idiotic to rank my 5* over my 6*.

So, basically, I’m just stuck with getting punished — either by the bleed node or by Mordo — and there’s really no way around it unless I make poor rank-up decisions.

Bring Void. Makes the IMIW a zillion times easier and he’s a better option for Mordo.

I took Corvus, Hype, CMM, Venom and Void. In hindsight I’d have dropped Venom for Prox but he was R5. I used Void for most of it anyway as I don’t run suicides. If you got Void he should be taken in every path for that quest unless you can quake Mordo, but I know nothing of quake.
  • Options
    Binweevil69Binweevil69 Posts: 16
    No
    6* nexus for £30 or act 6 exploration