**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magneto vs. Omega Red

DarkDuelistDarkDuelist Posts: 666 ★★★
I currently have both as 4/55 and resources to r5 one of them, and I'm wondering who it should be. Omega is at sig 200 and Magneto is sig 20, my main goals are act 6.3 and 6.4, and Variants 2-5. I know sig 200 omega is really strong, but I feel like I've been using Magneto to handle a lot of fights, who would be more useful in the content I mentioned?

Magneto vs. Omega Red 43 votes

Magneto
74%
Spity68DOKTOROKTOPUSQmonLibertyPrimeV1MitriaxBillie90Ayden_noah1PHJfinmonomuggBabyMiikeBonzodavidKeyBTimD43FabwiziAquaflashCanucks37AdokAgent_X_zzzJragonMaster170KAYDA 32 votes
Omega Red
25%
Hammerbro_64RockypantherxMeebletonEtjamaCrainOnTheBrainRenaxqqMephistoCloudwalkerWill3808War_Birdavenge_123 11 votes

Comments

• MitriaxMitriax Posts: 215 ★★
    Magneto
    Do you run the suicide mastery?
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Magneto
    I'll get disagrees, but I don't really care. Magneto is so useful and just completely shuts down and destroys a lot of annoying defenders (roughly 1/3 of the champion pool). Omega is awesome, no doubt about it, I just find Magneto more dominant in the right matchups and there are plenty of them!
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Omega Red
    Got both at 5/65. Omega sees a fair bit more use
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Omega Red
    Magneto most of the time can deal with metals at r4 in my experience. I don’t think there would be a tremendous difference in damage. Omega is a DoT champ so more attack would help, not to mention he is a very “in your face” champ so extra HP always helps.
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Magneto
    I have both at rank 5, and I used mags a ton more
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Omega Red
    If you run suicides, unquestionably go with OR imo. Without suicides, I'd honestly still lean toward OR for myself, but for most people, Mags would probably be the better option.
  • AquaflashAquaflash Posts: 47
    Magneto
    Can’t go wrong honestly. I have Mags and he’s a beast. Both are suicide friendly, but I may consider OR instead of suicides are being used.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Both. Do OR first if you run suicides. If you don't then do Mags first. Regardless, you should eventually R5 both of them. You can't go wrong with whomever u choose first.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Omega Red
    Do omega first and the mags. Omega at sig 200 runs through so much.
  • RyanPuffRyanPuff Posts: 29
    Magneto
    This is a slightly biased choice for me, because mags is one of my favorite marvel characters, but not completely unfounded.

Mags has a stupid high damage output on all metal Champs, with a ability accuratacy reduction, so he bypasses so nodes sometimes, and helps get around annoying match ups. Not to mention he has a crazy utility with his heal block, bleed and shock potency reduction. AND he has some pretty decent synergies to make him an extremely strong contender for the number one mutant spot.

Omega on the other hand does require you to run suicides if you want him to be at his best. Speaking of which, you typically want to have a void, and colossus on your team to. Although not necessarily required, he does benefit greatly from those synergies. So optimally, youll have 2 spots open for other Champs, unlike mags who does require a synergy for his damage.

The main upside of omega would be non-contact, lower skill floor, and his damage output can be very good too. He does have partial immunity to bleed judt line mags, and he's immune to poison.

Well there's my argument for mags, but to be honest, they both excel at different content, and different match ups. Mags is good vs metal and robots. Omega is good vs non robots (although I'd argue mags has many more favorable match-up). They also both have slightly different utility. Ethier way, they're both amazing characters!
  • RyanPuffRyanPuff Posts: 29
    Magneto

I currently have both as 4/55 and resources to r5 one of them, and I'm wondering who it should be. Omega is at sig 200 and Magneto is sig 20, my main goals are act 6.3 and 6.4, and Variants 2-5. I know sig 200 omega is really strong, but I feel like I've been using Magneto to handle a lot of fights, who would be more useful in the content I mentioned?

Omega is better overall but mags is the ultimate cheatcode to most of 6.3 and 6.4. He makes it so much easier, and can do a lot of it on his own. Also he is great for v6 exploration. Based on the content you want to do next I would go mags.
    I disagree, mags counters all metal Champs, and he doesn't need suicides like omega. They both have very very similar utility, but mags is able to take any fight, unlike omega who can't fight robots. Mags is very capable against his unfavorable match ups too! I use him all the time in different quest vs non metal Champs, and he still does alot of damage with his bleed on sp3, and overall damage in general
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Magneto
    I don't have OR though, so I don't really know