**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

G2099 is the easiest/cheapest solution for Apocalypse boss on Map 7

Pedrof6Pedrof6 Posts: 179 ★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
https://youtu.be/G3diXZ6NG2g

Apoco came as a boss and in the first week some people freaked out.
The massive regen paired with his specials that are evadable but easy to mess up the timing made a him a real pain.

I talked to several people and they told me they were using the Corvus on timeout. Other ones are using Tigra who shuts down Apoco without a problem.

But since many of us don't have Tigra or can't use her properly I figured out a way to Solo consistently the Apoco boss

It's really easy to Solo Apocalipse with G2099, the attack/HP is not a problem, even in the 5th day she can solo him.

The trick is actually super simple, you just need to block every single time, he rarely throws a special if you do so. Then when he has 3 bars launch the SP1.

The combo system his: MLLL and immediately hold the block...Then wait for his heavy and punish

You can also Intercept him but never finish the combo with a medium.

G2099 is super tanky and her regen is massive that really helps.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Subbed 🙂
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Awesome kill OP!!!!
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Easiest solo maybe. easiest/cheapest solution? That's Aegon+heimdall. Let apocalypse start by hitting aegon twice, then do a single combo. Will take off about 80-100k. Pause and timeout, then repeat. Free, easy, just a bit of time, and safer than corvus, since you don't need to intercept.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited December 2020

Ordalca said:

Easiest solo maybe. easiest/cheapest solution? That's Aegon+heimdall. Let apocalypse start by hitting aegon twice, then do a single combo. Will take off about 80-100k. Pause and timeout, then repeat. Free, easy, just a bit of time, and safer than corvus, since you don't need to intercept.

I wouldn't call using up 2/3 team slots and waiting for timeouts easier/cheaper.
    Maybe, but Aegon can be useful on paths, especially on buffed up and DoT paths, so it's not like the "two team slots" are unused until the boss. Heimdall is also good on buffed up, so it's a viable team. It also works well against a linked boss in case the bg doesn't get all the links down.

And it's easier/cheaper based on "lack of skill required to use" and "cost in items".

EDIT: Ok, what's the disagreement? Is it that you think I disagree that g99 is great for apocalypse boss? I agree she's one of the best. Is it that you think I don't think Pedro's fight and insight was extremely skillful? I just disagree with the "easiest solution" aspect when it's a heavily boosted rank 3 6* doing the work.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Ordalca said:

Ordalca said:

I wouldn't call using up 2/3 team slots and waiting for timeouts easier/cheaper.
    Maybe, but Aegon can be useful on paths, especially on buffed up and DoT paths, so it's not like the "two team slots" are unused until the boss. Heimdall is also good on buffed up, so it's a viable team. It also works well against a linked boss in case the bg doesn't get all the links down.

And it's easier/cheaper based on "lack of skill required to use" and "cost in items".

EDIT: Ok, what's the disagreement? Is it that you think I disagree that g99 is great for apocalypse boss? I agree she's one of the best. Is it that you think I don't think Pedro's fight and insight was extremely skillful? I just disagree with the "easiest solution" aspect when it's a heavily boosted rank 3 6* doing the work.
    I didn't disagree with your post. easier is subjective to each individual so there isn't much to say. Can't compare the cost in items since both can do it without using items.
    I'm sure Heimdall+Aegon works for you but fitting 2 people into a team is harder than 1 for most paths.
    You also don't need a "heavily boosted r3" to get it done. I've used both a r3 6* and r5 5* without boosts/suicides to solo, there's plenty of leeway

• slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Well, i don't have both, guess i'm die, btw nice vid and can she solo when apo has 4 charge tho ?
  • Pedrof6Pedrof6 Posts: 179 ★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Subbed 🙂

Thanks a lot man! 👊🏼
    Ordalca said:

Wow, that's another interesting option. But Aegon is not a very used champion on Map 7. 😅
    Ordalca said:

Ordalca said:

Heavily boosted????
    No boosts, no synergies, no suicides
    slacker said:

Well, i don't have both, guess i'm die, btw nice vid and can she solo when apo has 4 charge tho ?

It's a lot harder to Solo him with 4 Genetic Codes.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    *cries in suicides and that dumb unnecessary node*
  • ShannokShannok Posts: 110
    Wow mate. That was an awesome solo. Just need to be careful about block damage. But G2099 regen at last is pretty good.
  • Hey @Pedrof6, we have various sections in these Forums to help us keep everything organized in a way that allows everyone to find existing discussions about specific topics more easily.

I've went ahead and moved this thread from General Discussion to the Strategy and Tips section as it is the most appropriate place for it.

In future, please try to post any new discussions in the appropriate section. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please feel free to reach out via Private Message.