**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Long Post: Of Kabam, MCoC, MRoC and...perspective

2»

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Personally, I’m really enjoying MROC. I don’t see myself ever playing it as seriously as I play MCOC and will probably always be a ftp player on it, but so far I love it. It’s really fun and while the graphics are pretty bad at the moment, the gameplay is great (though the controls could use a tune up). I also think that it would be better as a PC game though because the small screen makes arena kinda a pain.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

i just install this game, looks good, but i don't understand anything haha, where is my profile and stuff.

i only play a couple of matches but seems fun

edit: i can't put DOKTOR.OKTOPUS as my profile name, please allow me kabam

It is a separate game. If someone took your name, you can’t use it
    is not that, it has less characters to put my name, is too long for the realm but not for the contest
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

i just install this game, looks good, but i don't understand anything haha, where is my profile and stuff.

is not that, it has less characters to put my name, is too long for the realm but not for the contest
    I had the same issue. Someone also already took StevieWonder so now I’m StevieMan in the game.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Onslaught is nearly impossible to beat with my 650 spidey. Anyone beat it yet?

I cleared it three times with a friend as we carried three different new players.

Try to find a team of rank 3s to carry you. Two rank 3s should do the trick. To find people to team up with, try joining this official mroc discord.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Edeuink said:

Crcrcrc said:

I cleared it three times with a friend as we carried three different new players.

Try to find a team of rank 3s to carry you. Two rank 3s should do the trick. To find people to team up with, try joining this official mroc discord.
    You have a r3 already? Nice
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Edeuink said:

Crcrcrc said:

I started playing during the first week of the beta. I have 4 rank 3s and enough catalysts to take the all the other champs to rank 3 if I wanted to.

Might as well show off the t1 basics I guess

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Edeuink said:

Crcrcrc said:

Edeuink said:

Crcrcrc said:

I started playing during the first week of the beta. I have 4 rank 3s and enough catalysts to take the all the other champs to rank 3 if I wanted to.

Might as well show off the t1 basics I guess

Oh that makes sense. I started 2 days ago so I am not on that level yet. Interested in carrying me to the end😁? Jk I should get a rank 3 and be able to do it on my own within the weekend.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Edeuink said:

Crcrcrc said:

You’re a good guy. Glad you are taking the time
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

KRoNX seems a random name but still its taken. I think the prob is with signing in with kabam acc
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I wanted to like MROC so badly, I’ve now installed it twice, but I can’t get hooked. Bottom line, the gameplay doesn’t feel engaging.

When I hit enemies, I don’t get any sense of impact. The sounds are terrible. The colours are strangely garish, and they clash. The textures are very pixelated, and together with the models, they’re nowhere near the quality of MCOC.

Maybe MCOC was less developed at launch, but the core gameplay was there, the basic fighting mechanics, the feeling of impact, the satisfaction.

I feel none of those things with MROC.

I wanted to like MROC so badly, I’ve now installed it twice, but I can’t get hooked. Bottom line, the gameplay doesn’t feel engaging.

When I hit enemies, I don’t get any sense of impact. The sounds are terrible. The colours are strangely garish, and they clash. The textures are very pixelated, and together with the models, they’re nowhere near the quality of MCOC.

Maybe MCOC was less developed at launch, but the core gameplay was there, the basic fighting mechanics, the feeling of impact, the satisfaction.

I feel none of those things with MROC.

That is fine, but that isn't exactly true.

Without Masteries, there was no dexterity or party.

In the old days, you blocked and absorbed chip damage. Intercepting and other attack strategies came after Masteries were introduced.

It's totally fine to prefer MCoC, but it's simply not accurate to say the core gameplay was there. We were just getting hit with unduped 2/3 stars, which mitigated some damage
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Mobile gaming was also very different when MCOC was first launched. Even with the bare bones state it was in at the time, it was still a revolutionary game for the mobile platform that they were constantly able to improve on.

The development of MROC was in a highly competitive market now with higher expectations due to success of company that made it. People expect a lot more on launch dates for games these days but time will tell if MROC has more to offer.
  • RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 187 ★★★
    I love MROC, but needs its own player base away from MCOC community. As a Kabam Marvel product people judge it too much on that link. The comparisons should always be between other Marvel MOBA's which Super War is that and Marvel Super War isn't exactly the same type type of MOBA as MROC.
    Either way im enjoying it and growing my second Youtube channel around it and having a blast.

I love MROC, but needs its own player base away from MCOC community. As a Kabam Marvel product people judge it too much on that link. The comparisons should always be between other Marvel MOBA's which Super War is that and Marvel Super War isn't exactly the same type type of MOBA as MROC.
    Either way im enjoying it and growing my second Youtube channel around it and having a blast.

I saw you this a.m. putting in work with Hulk! Stay positive; best of luck on the channel