I beat the grandmaster! ... now what?

MusiciusMusicius Member Posts: 19
So I fiiinally managed to beat the grandmaster, got all those rewards and a bunch of crystal opening, went back to my 6* champions and came to the sad realization that I did all the hard part of thronebreaker minus the rank up part cause I’m still a whopping 50% away from my closest class (mixed with crystal rng... deep beleaguered sigh).

I’m not expecting this post will make kabam realized the ridiculousness and unfairness of that requirement, so I’m here to ask besides 100 V5 and act 6 chapters, is there any way to get T5CC? Cause if Kabam is blocking progress via rank ups shouldn’t you, I don’t know, make the resources more available?

Comments

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Member Posts: 872 ★★★★
    The resources you're referring to are definitely limited, but absolutely available.

Map 7 (w/ Epic mods) is by far my most consistent and largest source of T5cc at the moment. It's a great way for most players to accumulate weekly T5cc fragments since the bulk of it comes from honour milestones (which are independent of alliance rank or prestige).

And it might seem like a daunting prospect, but there are plenty of alliances nowadays transitioning to 7x5 with lower prestige - and since AQ defender power levels scale with prestige, this is great way for Cavalier players to make their first venture into Map 7.

Many of the path identities definitely require a bit more roster specificity, but once you find a set of paths that are compatible with your roster (and there are many which are quite simple), it's very straightforward overall.

Personally, I also find that Map 7 is actually less time consuming than Map 6 - though this is largely dependent on your linked node partners and the distribution of timezones in your BG.
    Going for an Abyss completion run is also a quick way to get to your first fully formed T5cc (although you probably already knew this). With the right team and approach, it can be done for as little as 60 revives, though ensuring you have access to at least 100 may be the safer route.

Once again, may seem daunting, but it is surprisingly manageable (and, dare I say, enjoyable) once you get stuck into the "Abyss mindset", and start building up your fight stamina.
  • SadaneSadane Member Posts: 6
    Was525 said:

Just because you did 1 pass of act 6 it doesn’t mean you are ready for thronebreaker.

You can do abyss, cav eq, cav eq objective, v5, act6, this month v6 and book 2 come out. You have plenty to do

Considering the nodes throughout act 6, it’s a clown fiesta for the people with revives to grind through.
    Sadane said:

Was525 said:

Just because you did 1 pass of act 6 it doesn’t mean you are ready for thronebreaker.

You can do abyss, cav eq, cav eq objective, v5, act6, this month v6 and book 2 come out. You have plenty to do

Considering the nodes throughout act 6, it’s a clown fiesta for the people with revives to grind through.
    It can definitely seem that way, and I sympathise. But it will get easier as you broaden your roster and refine your fight techniques - and fortunately, there are more plentiful sources of T5cc that you can go after in the meantime.
  • MusiciusMusicius Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2020

Going for an Abyss completion run is also a quick way to get to your first fully formed T5cc (although you probably already knew this). With the right team and approach, it can be done for as little as 60 revives, though ensuring you have access to at least 100 may be the safer route.

Once again, may seem daunting, but it is surprisingly manageable (and, dare I say, enjoyable) once you get stuck into the "Abyss mindset", and start building up your fight stamina.

As much as I’d love to, I’m fully aware that my team is far from abyss material as I only have one of the horsemen (R2 torch) thanks for the map 7 tip tho, I’ll have to run by it with my alliance and see if they’re up to give it a go this upcoming season
  • MusiciusMusicius Member Posts: 19
    Was525 said:

Already did cav eq, no eq objective, already did v5 and v6 and I'm 75% done for 7.1 and I'm still 35% away from my closest, so maybe I did just 1 pass of act 6 but I seriously disagree that means I'm not "ready" for TB (also I know abyss is the best way to go but out of the 4 horsemen I've only managed to pull one so that's unfortunately not a possibility at the time)
  • TheEducationTheEducation Member Posts: 93
    Celebrate!
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Member Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Really. The only option is the abyss.
  • HendrossHendross Member Posts: 956 ★★★
    Time to board the complain train!
  • GardenerGardener Member Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    just because u beat the grandmaster doesn't make u thronebreaker, they are poeple who have 100% act 6 did the Abyss and much more