**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What Champs should be immune and why?

BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
I personally think quake should be immune to aftershocks since she is in the comics.

Comments

• Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Ghost Rider and morningstar should both be poison immune like Mephisto
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Archangel should be immune to AAR since his abilities say so

Isn't that right @Kill_Grey

If only...
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★

CGR2020 said:

Iceman- Coldsnap/Frostbite Immune
    Juggernaut-Bleed Immune bc his skin is invulnerable
    Karnak-Poison Immune bc he is also inhuman
    Magneto-Shock Immune

Iceman shouldnt be coldsnap immune, DNA3000 has a writeup about why.
    Karnak is poison resistant but didnt go through teregenesis so he doesnt have powers.
    Mags has 90% shock resistance.
    but juggernaut should probably be bleed immune. I think he’s bleed immune everytime I fight him and am surprised when he isn’t
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

CGR2020 said:

Iceman- Coldsnap/Frostbite Immune
    Juggernaut-Bleed Immune bc his skin is invulnerable
    Karnak-Poison Immune bc he is also inhuman
    Magneto-Shock Immune

Iceman shouldnt be coldsnap immune, DNA3000 has a writeup about why.
    Karnak is poison resistant but didnt go through teregenesis so he doesnt have powers.
    Mags has 90% shock resistance.
    but juggernaut should probably be bleed immune. I think he’s bleed immune everytime I fight him and am surprised when he isn’t
    Thus i didnt mention him, i agree with that one.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Sentry should be bleed,incinerate,shock,coldsnap, poison,immune- he is invulnerable in comics.

Until Knull came along

That part literally crushed me to the ground. I'm hoping for a Sentry resurgence later in the run.
  • BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

BabyMiike said:

DNA3000 points were that iceman is like a fridge and that you can freeze a fridge. But the thing is he isn't a fridge he's ice and he doesnt and can you freeze ice.🤔 he should be immune to coldsnap

Yes, you literally can freeze ice. Ice forms are thirty-two degrees Fahrenheit or zero degrees Celsius. Absolute zero, or the temperature at which all molecular motion ceases, is *substantially* below this point. Nothing can survive it because even atomic motion ceases. DNA3000’s point is that Iceman is cold, but he’s not the coldest, and can therefore be brought to a colder level that he cannot scale with.
    But he can be the coldest
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Wicket329 said:

BabyMiike said:

DNA3000 points were that iceman is like a fridge and that you can freeze a fridge. But the thing is he isn't a fridge he's ice and he doesnt and can you freeze ice.🤔 he should be immune to coldsnap

Yes, you literally can freeze ice. Ice forms are thirty-two degrees Fahrenheit or zero degrees Celsius. Absolute zero, or the temperature at which all molecular motion ceases, is *substantially* below this point. Nothing can survive it because even atomic motion ceases. DNA3000’s point is that Iceman is cold, but he’s not the coldest, and can therefore be brought to a colder level that he cannot scale with.
    You know Iceman’s signature ability is named Absolute Zero, right?
    Whoever can’t see Iceman should be coldsnap/frostbite immune is plain stupid.
    Why is HT then incinerate immune?
    Same logic can apply here more easily, since technically you can always achieve a higher temperature than any, but you can’t achieve lower than the Absolute Zero.
    🤦‍♂️Scientifically he shouldnt be immune to coldsnap. DNA is correct, but say what you like.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    Iceman should not be hurt from being to cold
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Wicket329 said:

BabyMiike said:

Same logic can apply here more easily, since technically you can always achieve a higher temperature than any, but you can’t achieve lower than the Absolute Zero.
    🤦‍♂️Scientifically he shouldnt be immune to coldsnap. DNA is correct, but say what you like.
    Defend that as much as you want, but at the end Iceman will get coldsnap/frostbite immunity, whether you or I, like it or not.
    People were defending the same for GR to not be incinerate immune, but at the end it happened.
    You know why? Because it was a common sense.
    Only thing was holding Kabam to not give him incinerate immunity, was that they were considering GR a top tier champ since recently. After they discovered he wasn’t anymore, they did the obvious.
    Same will happen with Iceman. After they will acknowledge he is not a top tier champ (nor he will be with an extra immunity), they will do the obvious.
    Iceman will just be a slightly more useful average champ, like GR is, even with his extra immunity.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,985 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

Wicket329 said:

BabyMiike said:

Defend that as much as you want, but at the end Iceman will get coldsnap/frostbite immunity, whether you or I, like it or not.
    People were defending the same for GR to not be incinerate immune, but at the end it happened.
    You know why? Because it was a common sense.
    Only thing was holding Kabam to not give him incinerate immunity, was that they were considering GR a top tier champ since recently. After they discovered he wasn’t anymore, they did the obvious.
    Same will happen with Iceman. After they will acknowledge he is not a top tier champ (nor he will be with an extra immunity), they will do the obvious.
    Iceman will just be a slightly more useful average champ, like GR is, even with his extra immunity.
    They gave GR incinerate immunity because they released CGR with it and knew they couldn’t do one without the other. And to be clear, I’d love it if Iceman were coldsnap immune. I think it would be a great addition to the character without too dramatic of an impact. But y’all brought science into it, so I responded with science. Basically, don’t expect Iceman to get coldsnap immunity until a new ice person is released with it.