**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Postpone Aw season

TheManMythLegendTheManMythLegend Posts: 5,016 ★★★★★
If Queen Morningstar can take 1000 years of from ruling then surely we can take 1 week off from AW to celebrate a beautiful time called Christmas.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    Or even just Christmas day but yeah, I’m probably not doing an AW attack on Christmas.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If Queen Morningstar can take 1000 years of from ruling then surely we can take 1 week off from AW to celebrate a beautiful time called Christmas.

I would be fine if they took 1000 years off from alliance war, but asking for the season to be suspended smacks a bit of "if I don't want to do it, I need everyone else to be blocked from doing it." I can't support that without a good reason, and while for some people Christmas is a busy time spent doing other things or with other people, for others Christmas is just a holiday that gives them free time to spend in their favorite mobile game.

Put it another way. If your alliance simply volunteers to opt out of running AW during Christmas, you'll lose one or two days of points and your season rewards will be lower than normal. But if they delay seasons a week, your season rewards will be zero. Having less rewards is better than zero rewards, unless you want to also prevent everyone else from getting potentially more rewards. In which case it isn't about taking a break from war, it is about taking rewards away from other players.
    How does it take Season rewards away?
    All it would do is delay the start of the season for a couple of days, you'll still get season rewards
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    DNA3000 said:

I would be fine if they took 1000 years off from alliance war, but asking for the season to be suspended smacks a bit of "if I don't want to do it, I need everyone else to be blocked from doing it." I can't support that without a good reason, and while for some people Christmas is a busy time spent doing other things or with other people, for others Christmas is just a holiday that gives them free time to spend in their favorite mobile game.

Put it another way. If your alliance simply volunteers to opt out of running AW during Christmas, you'll lose one or two days of points and your season rewards will be lower than normal. But if they delay seasons a week, your season rewards will be zero. Having less rewards is better than zero rewards, unless you want to also prevent everyone else from getting potentially more rewards. In which case it isn't about taking a break from war, it is about taking rewards away from other players.
    What are you smoking?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Delaying rewards by a week takes away nothing, just adds a week to prepare. If they canceled the season on Christmas and started another offseason, then this would make sense.
  • Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

Delaying rewards by a week takes away nothing, just adds a week to prepare. If they canceled the season on Christmas and started another offseason, then this would make sense.
    I think you're operating on the assumption that any delay which is less than one whole season gets to count as a delay while any delay more than one season long counts as a deletion. But that's not how this works. If that were true, then delaying every war season by one extra week would count as just a set of delays, and yet that would reduce the amount of rewards earnable in a year by a substantial amount. Whatever that amount is, each one week delay must account for a fraction of that deletion total.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Guys, uhhh... how about... We just postpone Christmas!?

*revolutionary confetti*
  • PsyGrinder_XPsyGrinder_X Posts: 58
    What's Christmas?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    People should just post all of the individual holidays that are important to them and Kabam should completely restructure the AW seasons accordingly...I am sure it will work out just fine...