**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

christmas offers

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I don't say things like this very often, but my God this community is spoiled. Lol.

So people are spoiled because they feel that the deals are not worth their money...actual money..I never reply to u cuz it’s not use banging my head against the wall but how can someone be spoiled for wanting a better deal for spending money that they earn...or is it just wrong to criticise ur kabam lords
    No. People should spend because they need the Units. Not because they're waiting for the "kabam lords" to kiss their @##.
    Historically, savvy players stock up on units at the most advantageous times—when their purchases give them the greatest value. There are 3-4 holidays a year when that occurs, and it’s no secret that today is one of them.

Many of the players who stock up on said units don’t actually need them. But if they are going to spend, they want maximum return for their spend.

So it’s a little more complicated than that—regardless, it’s not something I’d spend on.

Dr. Zola
    The Bonus Items have no effect on the Units people stockpile. It doesn't affect that either way. This is just the epitome of complaining about everything they offer. It's Christmas Day. You would think people would give it a rest.
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    Thats to bad. I ask for gift cards for xmas to spend on the game. But not like this.
    Cav crystals? really?They are like a 3* party
    That was just a bad move from kabam
    Save some money this year
  • MazraMazra Posts: 60
    edited December 2020
    Honestly when saw them, I thought it was a glitch and that I was looking at uncollected deals. "Where are the Thronebreaker offers?" It is ridiculous if these are the offers that are suppose to be for TB title.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited December 2020

DrZola said:

I don't say things like this very often, but my God this community is spoiled. Lol.

So people are spoiled because they feel that the deals are not worth their money...actual money..I never reply to u cuz it’s not use banging my head against the wall but how can someone be spoiled for wanting a better deal for spending money that they earn...or is it just wrong to criticise ur kabam lords
    No. People should spend because they need the Units. Not because they're waiting for the "kabam lords" to kiss their @##.
    Historically, savvy players stock up on units at the most advantageous times—when their purchases give them the greatest value. There are 3-4 holidays a year when that occurs, and it’s no secret that today is one of them.

Many of the players who stock up on said units don’t actually need them. But if they are going to spend, they want maximum return for their spend.

So it’s a little more complicated than that—regardless, it’s not something I’d spend on.

Dr. Zola
    The Bonus Items have no effect on the Units people stockpile. It doesn't affect that either way. This is just the epitome of complaining about everything they offer. It's Christmas Day. You would think people would give it a rest.
    Who are you to critique what people chose to spend their own money on?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

There is no incentive for most to buy the same as last year not sure why I’m surprised at all I mean the whole community had to go crazy for their terrible calendar to fix it 🙄

What incentive? You buy them if you want Units. You get free stuff along with your Units. It's really not that big of a deal.
    I have to agree. Kabam already has a holiday calendar and a holiday gift for all players. This is just a bonus for those buying units for gifting. Its not cyber weekend or July deals. Don't want to buy them fine. Save your gift cards for the 2 times a year kabam is known for big deals in the unit store.
    Am I telling people why they should spend? No. I don't have that power. What I'm telling them is the Units are the Sale, as they've always been. You get extra Items when you buy them. So there's literally nothing to complain about because anything after X amount of Units is an added bonus. You get the value of what you pay for, plus more for free.

Why do you side against your fellow players when we are in the right, it's annoying and you're not special for doing it
    In the right about what? Complaining for the sake of complaining is counterproductive.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

He’s one of kabams biggest D riders!
    He don't even try to hide it .... :D
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Gifts, rewards, deals, etc. should always be progression based to promote fairness.
    I'll use the same illustration I always use for this argument. If one player normally earns a 6* crystal every two weeks by playing the game and another earns one every two months (due to their different progression levels), and they are both given a 6* crystal as a gift, reward or deal, the prize it literally 4x more valuable to the lower progression player. It's markedly unfair to the higher progression player. There's no real logical argument that counters this fact.
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

Am I telling people why they should spend? No. I don't have that power. What I'm telling them is the Units are the Sale, as they've always been. You get extra Items when you buy them. So there's literally nothing to complain about because anything after X amount of Units is an added bonus. You get the value of what you pay for, plus more for free.

just because that is what the units are priced at in the store does not mean that is what the players need to value them at. I know many people that ONLY purchase units when there are "extras" thrown in. Personally I would NEVER buy an odin straight up because I don't value 3100 units at $140 canadian and never have. I need those "extras" to justify my purchase and I know many players that are in the same boat. Just like there are many things IRL that I do not buy unless I have a coupon or they are on sale because I either can not afford the so called retail price or think it's overpriced. That does not mean players can not complain and you look ridiculous trying to take that side. I can stand next to you all day long and make fun of those complaining that their free gifts were underwhelming but when it comes to spending money on deals I don't agree.

Fact is that Kabam offered the EXACT same deals 1 year ago minus the odin and it was reasonable for players to think they would be offering something better even if it was something like an extra cav crystal or double the 6* shards since they're more prevalent now. I had been telling all my alliance mates i'd likely buy 1-2 odins expecting them to contain enough 6* shards for a featured or something especially as a TB but instead get the same deals as last year plus a 5* nexus just isn't enticing enough for me so i'll pass.

GoDlyZor said:

just because that is what the units are priced at in the store does not mean that is what the players need to value them at. I know many people that ONLY purchase units when there are "extras" thrown in. Personally I would NEVER buy an odin straight up because I don't value 3100 units at $140 canadian and never have. I need those "extras" to justify my purchase and I know many players that are in the same boat. Just like there are many things IRL that I do not buy unless I have a coupon or they are on sale because I either can not afford the so called retail price or think it's overpriced. That does not mean players can not complain and you look ridiculous trying to take that side. I can stand next to you all day long and make fun of those complaining that their free gifts were underwhelming but when it comes to spending money on deals I don't agree.

Fact is that Kabam offered the EXACT same deals 1 year ago minus the odin and it was reasonable for players to think they would be offering something better even if it was something like an extra cav crystal or double the 6* shards since they're more prevalent now. I had been telling all my alliance mates i'd likely buy 1-2 odins expecting them to contain enough 6* shards for a featured or something especially as a TB but instead get the same deals as last year plus a 5* nexus just isn't enticing enough for me so i'll pass.

If people are *only* buying Units when there are extra Items included, they're better off buying those extra Items when they're offered throughout the year. Otherwise they're not really buying Units for the sake of the Units and wasting their money either way. Bottom line is, the base price is what they're sold at regularly, and the Sales include extra Items.