**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Diversity VS. 50xThing/Doom/Korg

ZaynouZaynou Posts: 394
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Which defenders placement strategy do you prefer in AW?

1. 50 unique defenders
2. 20xThing, 15xDoom, 15xKorg

Comments

• Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
    Zaynou said:

1. 50 unique defenders

Well considering if you go route 2 you're most likely going to lose, I'd say I prefer route 1.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    50 unique defenders, as although doom, thing and korg are "harder" defenders than most, they will be easily beaten by most alliances.
  • Options
    Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    Havok torch nick fury attack team your 50 korg doom thing team just got wrecked by everyone
  • Options
    ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Zaynou said:

1. 50 unique defenders

Lets break it down some..
    •Each unique defender = 30 points
    •Each defender has 3 attack bonuses the opposing team can earn. Each = 80 points

With option 1..you will have a perfect 1500 diversity points, plus any attacker kills that count towards the attack bonus will be docked from the other teams point total at 80 points a pop.

With option 2..you will have 90 diversity points which means you will need atleast 18 attacker kills that count towards attack bonus in order to break even with option 1s (start total of 1500 points). And assuming option 1 acquired some kills, you will still be trailing by just as many.

So based off of this, and my experience with battling most Gold or higher allys..option 1 would be the way to go because these allys are typically skilled enuff to take those 3 defenders down with minimal deaths, not to mention most likely all have deep enuff rosters to bring counters for each of them.

If were talking about less skilled allys somewhere in the lower brackets..then option 2 could be a well deployed strategic maneuver IMO.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    For route 2, all I need is Stealthy, Havok and Void.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

For route 2, all I need is Stealthy, Havok and Void.

Spelthy* havok and void
  • Options
    T2+ you want 50 diversity. Last season we lost 3 wars on diversity and probably would have placed mid P1 instead of 5th? P2. Below that people drop a lot of deaths on what I would consider perfectly manageable fights so if you could pack in 5-10 of all the hardest defenders at max rank/sig it would be an interesting experiment.