**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Suicide unfriendly champs

Comments

• Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

What happened to Omega Red?

*Omega Red has entered the chat*

No he hasn't. He's perfectly happy with suicides
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Doom and
    CGR2020 said:

CGR2020 said:

What happened to Omega Red?

*Omega Red has entered the chat*

No he hasn't. He's perfectly happy with suicides
    I literally just realized that he was suicide-friendly before you corrected me...

Also, are Doom and Tigra bad with suicides?
    Doom is the definition of bad with suicides.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Genious said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hyperion.

You could say that Hyperion is actually suicide friendly. You can only spam sp3 and finish the fight with an sp2
    Possibly, but his mainstay is his power gain interaction with special spamming, so he loses quite a lot of benefit out of that with recoil at play.

For example, you can't possibly fight 7.1 Gwenperion effectively with suicides.
    I mean.... Mags is the best option for Gwenperion though. Why would you bring anyone else? 🤣
    I have 118 5-stars and 26 6-stars. I have no idea who this “mags” is that you’re discussing. (Seriously - neither version as a 5 or 6. My second account isn’t far behind and doesn’t have either version as a 5 or 6 either). I’m gonna go cry.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Genious said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hyperion.

You could say that Hyperion is actually suicide friendly. You can only spam sp3 and finish the fight with an sp2
    Possibly, but his mainstay is his power gain interaction with special spamming, so he loses quite a lot of benefit out of that with recoil at play.

I mean.... Mags is the best option for Gwenperion though. Why would you bring anyone else? 🤣
    I have 118 5-stars and 26 6-stars. I have no idea who this “mags” is that you’re discussing. (Seriously - neither version as a 5 or 6. My second account isn’t far behind and doesn’t have either version as a 5 or 6 either). I’m gonna go cry.

• IRQIRQ Posts: 299 ★★
    Seriously, recoil should be a side mastery for the other two suicides, not a requirement for them.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Any champ you play when you don’t have units.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

How has no one mentioned void yet? Him and Prof X are the most suicide unfriendly champs

I don’t count DDHK as suicide unfriendly. Because he seems to freaking love killing himself with them on.

Void.

My comment went to be approved. You slipped in while it was sending

Fair Play.
    😈
  • fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    Doom, since he needs sp1 to utility.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Void.
    Torch.
    Sunspot.
    Vision.
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    Hoodie25 said:

Professor X may be one of the most suicide unfriendly champs in the entire game, but it doesn’t bother me bc I don’t run suicides

I just play around it by using only sp3s and sp2s. Once he's fully ramped he can usually kill the opponent with 2 sp2s, 1 being the fight ender.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Genious said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hyperion.

Why do you call Ronan Mags?
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    I think fury is pretty decent with suicdes. Play him in his first form then slowly kill yourself by freely playing with specials, then you can get a good 4 fights in his real state. For act 6 and 7 where you split the fights between your 5 man team, he usually survives long enough. For longer content or a specialty lane where you only use fury you can turn them off.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    For me - Hyperion. Yes, you can play using sp3 only, but 1 - it's boring, and 2 - you lose all his utility. No armor breaks, spa intercept, incinerate, stuns. He does lose a lot when used with suicides
    Sym supreme same - no sp2 cycles after sp3, which is the most enjoyable part of playing him for me.
    Probably silver surfer? No double buffs without sp2
    Sasquatch, Professor X - no sps spam
    For me every champ becomes boring at least, as you have to use sp3 mostly. Except Magik, with limbo on sps she's perfect for suicides
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    Aleor said:

For me - Hyperion. Yes, you can play using sp3 only, but 1 - it's boring, and 2 - you lose all his utility. No armor breaks, spa intercept, incinerate, stuns. He does lose a lot when used with suicides
    Sym supreme same - no sp2 cycles after sp3, which is the most enjoyable part of playing him for me.
    Probably silver surfer? No double buffs without sp2
    Sasquatch, Professor X - no sps spam
    For me every champ becomes boring at least, as you have to use sp3 mostly. Except Magik, with limbo on sps she's perfect for suicides

Sasquatch can regenerate off the sp3 and reduce recoil damage with his rage stacks. He can even reduce liquid courage and double edge with the giant challengers synergy. He is honestly awesome with suicides.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Just a remind
    All champions are unfriendly with Recoil for SP1 and 2.
    A player must learn how to play with these masteries, basically by reducing the use of these SP. In one hand the player develops his skills and the strength for the champions, in the other hand he doesn’t take (a lot of) advantage anymore of the SP2 and 1 particularities in the middle of the fight.
    He also has to choose in the other masteries how to balance as much as possible the inconvenience.

To answer the initial question
    I would still see this topic in the other/classical way: who has a real advantage (more than simply strike stronger) with them.
    And all champions whom utility relies (most) on SP1 and 2 are particularly unfriendly. As examples, for opponent power control like Vision and Hawkeye), and Ronan. However some champions can compensate a bit the loss of heath (Recoil and Double Edge).
    All not double immune champions are unfriendly with this masteries against Void...
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★

Just a remind
    A player must learn how to play with these masteries, basically by reducing the use of these SP. In one hand the player develops his skills and the strength for the champions, in the other hand he doesn’t take (a lot of) advantage anymore of the SP2 and 1 particularities in the middle of the fight.
    He also has to choose in the other masteries how to balance as much as possible the inconvenience.

To answer the initial question
    I would still see this topic in the other/classical way: who has a real advantage (more than simply strike stronger) with them.
    And all champions whom utility relies (most) on SP1 and 2 are particularly unfriendly. As examples, for opponent power control like Vision and Hawkeye), and Ronan. However some champions can compensate a bit the loss of heath (Recoil and Double Edge).
    All not double immune champions are unfriendly with this masteries against Void...

Ghost with hood
    Angela
    Omega can regen 30% health for 5% so stonks
    Rogue
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Also never Ever fight a stacked void when you have suicides you'll cry
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Recoil sucks with elsa :(

1 SP 1 is enough. Or just use SP 3, cuz her crit rate is high enough to easily benefit from the cruelties.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Kill_Grey said:

Faseeh said:

Recoil sucks with elsa :(

1 SP 1 is enough. Or just use SP 3, cuz her crit rate is high enough to easily benefit from the cruelties.
    For big fights tho :'(
    I mean it works in act 7, so...
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Colossus
  • gash228gash228 Posts: 105
    I don't think Dr Doom is suicide unfriendly. Yeah he has to throw SP1 to control the power but if you're a skilled player with Doom being such a tank, suicide and recoil damage is pretty much the only damage you take + blocked hits but he's got really high block proficiency.
  • Torch, NF, Void, Doom, Sym Supreme are the big ones for me. I don’t run them because other than OR, Ghost, CG I just don’t find the benefits to outweigh recoil. I have 35 other R5s to use, so OR is my biohazard and Caltrops champ
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    There actually is a rotation with Prof X that makes him suicide friendly (kind of)...
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited December 2020

Just a remind

Immortal Hulk and Magik would like to: Know Your Location