**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How would you feel if we could buy 5* nexus for the price of 30k shards ?

I believe that 30k would be a fair price as you get to pick one of three champions.It would help further more to target specific champs

Comments

• NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    no...........................................for 30k..............................................................no.

Nexus crystals have never interested me, I mean I'd take 10k shards over nexus crystals any day (IMO)........................................................BUT if Kabam said there was a 5*/6* NEXUS FEATURED HERO CRYSTAL I would go for it!
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Greekhit said:

With around 200 champs in the game atm, 5* nexus should be the basic 10k shards crystal.
    You have the same chances to get shafted as before 2-3 years back, when the 5* basic pool contained around 60 champs.
    Kabam should consider it seriously, because at this point it makes absolutely sense.
    Also 4* and 5* dual class crystals, should changed to single class crystals.
    This would allow to target specific champs, but most specifically the iso class.

Ayyeee you got promoted to 4*! congrats unless I was just being delusional this morning at 2pm or am idk but you were 3* like last night right?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

A nexus crystal is only slightly better than a regular crystal. Its purpose is the same as the reel when you spin rather than pop crystals, namely to give you the impression that there is more opportunity for a good pull than there really is. At best it gives you a chance to pull from two champs less than the entire set of champs in the crystal. If there are, say, 170 champs in the basic crystal, then a nexus crystal should go for 10,119 shards, and that value goes down the more champs are available.

So if a nexus crystal was sold for 10,120 shards you would rather go for a basic?

A nexus is the addition of two more 5* in the pull, you would value that at 119 5* shards? That seems bizarre to me.

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    this is some kabam scam right? you literally get the same amount of champ choice but for the nexus, you only get to keep one.
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    Don't make sense. Only thing that would is if the Nexus is priced lower at about 25K shards.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

this is some kabam scam right? you literally get the same amount of champ choice but for the nexus, you only get to keep one.

This is the equivalent of someone saying "Hey give me 3 GGCs, I'll give you one back"
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

This is the equivalent of someone saying "Hey give me 3 GGCs, I'll give you one back"
    Okay lets do it!
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Quick maths
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

no...........................................for 30k..............................................................no.

Nexus crystals have never interested me, I mean I'd take 10k shards over nexus crystals any day (IMO)........................................................BUT if Kabam said there was a 5*/6* NEXUS FEATURED HERO CRYSTAL I would go for it!

why would you take 10k shards over a nexus? that makes absolutely no sense to me. although I agree on the 30k being too much I think a nexus is 15-20k shards of value since you get to pick and given the choice of 10k or 15k shards I'd pick a nexus anytime even though 90% of the nexus i've opened were trash it gives the choice rather than getting a trash champ from basic.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Sungj said:

Quick maths

Everyday man’s on the block
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Agreed. I would much rather get shards than nexuses or crystals.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    GoDlyZor said:

why would you take 10k shards over a nexus? that makes absolutely no sense to me. although I agree on the 30k being too much I think a nexus is 15-20k shards of value since you get to pick and given the choice of 10k or 15k shards I'd pick a nexus anytime even though 90% of the nexus i've opened were trash it gives the choice rather than getting a trash champ from basic.
    Lol I said 10k because this person overpriced a nexus so I went and underpriced it BECAUSE they aren't good in my opinion. Everyone jumps for excitement at the sight of a nexus crystals, when they are not all that haha :lol::lol: .

You said it yourself a big percentage isn't exactly amazing pulls every time. (why?) Well its because its a pool of 120+ champs the crystal is pulling from, so I'd rather take my chances, and save my shards, then open a featured crystal (which only has a pool of 24 champs).

But point still stands I'd pick increased shards over a nexus any day *shrugs*
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,722 ★★★★★
    Terrible?
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    The 5* Featured actually gives you a better chance at a 'choice' since it's a 1 out of 24 or a 4.17% chance to get what you want out of a selected pool. A 5* Nexus is appealing but because of how large the basic pool is, it only gives you a 3 out of 164 or a 1.83% window of chance. Of course, this doesn't take into account the quality of champions. There's also the Incursion crystals that gives a 10% chance but the pool of those crystals are relatively bad.

I will price the Nexus the same as a Featured at 15k. It might give you a choice but the pool is relatively large to get someone you really need. A Featured Nexus will be a gamechanger if they ever introduce it.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    No thanks I'd rather buy 2 featured 5* or 3 basic.
    Nexus should have same cost as featured 5*.
  • Varad18Varad18 Posts: 162
    Pick 2 5*s out of 5 choices for 30k Shards would make more Sense
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    Colleen said:

I would pay 15k for a nexus but not 30k

Agree! 15k for Nexus is a fair price.

Why should we exchange 30k for Nexus?
    30k we have 3x5*
    Nexus we have only 1x5*
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

15K is enough, 30K is too much, and imagine if we don't get anything good! It would be a waste at 30K shards, 15K is at least decent.

15k, at the most, is reasonable for a basic 5* nexus crystal.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Maybe...

If it was a choice between 10 of a selected class.