Options

Champion trading

124»

Comments

• Options
    AGSTROSAGSTROS Posts: 50

A rotten apple for a shiny new red apple. You still have a apple. Except one will get more rotten as time ages and the other will remain shiny as it ages. I used apples to explain my point.

This only solidifies my point. At no point did anyone gain TWO apples and someone LOSE an apple. It's all good.
  • Options
    PicoBp said:

And these were mine when I beat that Thanos. Yours are way better, 4 out of 5 are pretty capable champs. Just watch a few vids on YT how to do it.

Ah, and now you're assuming I have the hand-eye coordination to follow YT tips in my game/fighting skill style.... thanks but I am REALLY not that good. I do have fun playing though!
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,550 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    AGSTROS said:

A rotten apple for a shiny new red apple. You still have a apple. Except one will get more rotten as time ages and the other will remain shiny as it ages. I used apples to explain my point.

This only solidifies my point. At no point did anyone gain TWO apples and someone LOSE an apple. It's all good.
    You mentioned you were on hiatus from 2017-2020. So I will go on the notion of game balance for you. Game balance will break. And shatter. Game balance means one champ is better than another. You don’t seem to under stand this. Doom is a god tier power control champ that when maxed at R5 as a 5* you can expect to fully control your opponents power while keeping a study but strong 2 furies. With iron man at R5 he brings absolutely nothing. No utility. No damage. Nothing to help you advance in content. You seem to believe that because it’s 1 for 1 that’s it’s no big deal. But you don’t seem to believe that one champ can be better than another. And that is the case here. Doom would be much stronger and better than Iron man in every situation in the entire game.
  • Options
    PicoBpPicoBp Posts: 35
    edited January 2021
    AGSTROS said:

Stop, please! This is getting ridiculous. You clearly have no idea about the balance of the game. Heck, you don't know the most basic of champs!

And this was a perfect example too. One summoner will get OP through "business" (not skill or effort), the other (good chance a throwaway secondary, or black market bought acc) will rot away. :/
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    AGSTROS said:

How has this discussion kept going? I will say it again if I must. ITS. EXPLOITABLE. It shouldn’t have a chance to join this game as it would annihilate the balance the game has, like I said on the first page, 6* iron man on your main? 6* Doom on your second account? BOOM! not exploitable at all.

How has this discussion kept sympathizers from speaking up? I will say it again if I must. IT'S NOT EXPLOITABLE (already proven in previous comments using MY PATENTED Fair Trade Market System). The game balance would remain simply as before. 6* Iron Man on your main, 6* Doom on your 2nd... BOOM! When you made the trade, no NEW Champ was gained in either account. Not exploitable at all.
    Maybe because there are no sympathizers?
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Maybe because there are no sympathizers?

Bare in mind, I didn't start this post... a fellow "sympathizer" did.
    But if anyone did want to speak up, I don't knock them for remaining in the shadows.
    This debate is NOT for the faint of heart.
  • Options
    PicoBp said:

And this was a perfect example too. One summoner will get OP through "business" (not skill or effort), the other (good chance a throwaway secondary, or black market bought acc) will rot away. :/

More explanation is still needed...
    This OP Summoner you mention... don't they already exist? What harm has come of it?

This rotted away Summoner (like me)... what harm do we pose to the gaming community?

• Options

You mentioned you were on hiatus from 2017-2020. So I will go on the notion of game balance for you. Game balance will break. And shatter. Game balance means one champ is better than another. You don’t seem to under stand this. Doom is a god tier power control champ that when maxed at R5 as a 5* you can expect to fully control your opponents power while keeping a study but strong 2 furies. With iron man at R5 he brings absolutely nothing. No utility. No damage. Nothing to help you advance in content. You seem to believe that because it’s 1 for 1 that’s it’s no big deal. But you don’t seem to believe that one champ can be better than another. And that is the case here. Doom would be much stronger and better than Iron man in every situation in the entire game.

Thanks, but somebody else ALREADY convinced me pages ago that there are differences between "God" and "Bad" Champions. Yes, I get that not all 5* fully ranked Champs are the same.

With that said, I would still gladly give up a 5* Doom for a 5* Iron Man.
    The Summoner that sells me said 5* Iron Man goes on to become OP... so what? I'm not fighting him... he's in my Alliance.
    I on the other hand get encouraged to play more using my new toy.

No balance has been broken. It's a win-win for everyone.
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

Thanks, but somebody else ALREADY convinced me pages ago that there are differences between "God" and "Bad" Champions. Yes, I get that not all 5* fully ranked Champs are the same.

With that said, I would still gladly give up a 5* Doom for a 5* Iron Man.
    The Summoner that sells me said 5* Iron Man goes on to become OP... so what? I'm not fighting him... he's in my Alliance.
    I on the other hand get encouraged to play more using my new toy.

No balance has been broken. It's a win-win for everyone.
    The other summoner will now refrain from trying to get a Doom with potential money because he was handed to them
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

So you are arguing you’re point about a game you haven’t played in 3 years, because you played it for a couple years prior? Bruh... LOTS of sh*t happens in 3 years LMAO. It’s practically an entirely different game than it was in 2017. Even then, champ trading would’ve destroyed the game’s economy, but now more than ever.

I disagree... if this game has changed, I don't see it. It's still as hard to obtain new 3 or 4* Champs as ever.
    In fact it's worse... now that the roster has expanded, I'm opening up MORE Champs I don't care for instead of the ones I want because of the odds.

• Options
    Crcrcrc said:

The other summoner will now refrain from trying to get a Doom with potential money because he was handed to them

If you want to play that hypothetical card then I counter with:
    I had to pay potential money to get that Doom to trade with in the first place.

Business as usual.

• Options
    AGSTROS said:

PicoBp said:

More explanation is still needed...
    This OP Summoner you mention... don't they already exist? What harm has come of it?

This rotted away Summoner (like me)... what harm do we pose to the gaming community?

I'm done... At least come out of your bubble and understand there are millions of players beside you, many of them way over your progression level. Understand the current state of the game, the number and diversity of champs, content, game modes. Understand the competitive aspect of alliance wars and quests, where simply the fact you have a high prestige champ can make a difference, even if you never use it.

You act like if I started arguing with a brain surgeon that trading my chef knife to his scalpel wouldn't affect his patients.
  • Options
    PicoBp said:

You act like if I started arguing with a brain surgeon that trading my chef knife to his scalpel wouldn't affect his patients.

Fair enough.

And you act like the brain surgeon has been working with a scalpel this whole time. The chef knife in hand has everyone believing it isn't broken because most are happy. I'm offering a never before seen scalpel (to THIS hospital... other hospitals are currently using it).
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

Wut? I literally just started an account & got a 4star in 2 days. Took me over 2months when I first started in late 2016. Hell I’ve got 2 5*’s on an account I haven’t even completed act 2 on, just from the calendar & freebies LMAO.
    I swear, arguing with you is like arguing with a flat earther... they’ll always insist they’re correct even when everything in the universe proves them wrong 🤦

I'm not arguing I'm correct. I believe what you're saying about your account is true. But that happened TO YOU. As for me and my account, it's far weaker by comparison with FAR MORE time invested.

I'm here to learn about any disadvantages to having a Fair Trade Market System that couldn't be countered with a well placed constraint.

And to date, I've tallied....

None.

• Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,550 ★★★★★
    My response was a bit to big. So I’ll have to wait until it’s approved.
  • Options

My response was a bit to big. So I’ll have to wait until it’s approved.

Just as well... off to work!
    I will continue this back up tomorrow... thank you all!
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

War_Bird said:

Wut? I literally just started an account & got a 4star in 2 days. Took me over 2months when I first started in late 2016. Hell I’ve got 2 5*’s on an account I haven’t even completed act 2 on, just from the calendar & freebies LMAO.
    I swear, arguing with you is like arguing with a flat earther... they’ll always insist they’re correct even when everything in the universe proves them wrong 🤦

I'm not arguing I'm correct. I believe what you're saying about your account is true. But that happened TO YOU. As for me and my account, it's far weaker by comparison with FAR MORE time invested.

I'm here to learn about any disadvantages to having a Fair Trade Market System that couldn't be countered with a well placed constraint.

And to date, I've tallied....

None.

What's with the bold?. You aren't correct. We have given you loads of info and all you have countered with is "oh that won't affect anyone." You can say that once you've played competitively at the very top of the game and have all your facts together.
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

PicoBp said:

Fair enough.

And you act like the brain surgeon has been working with a scalpel this whole time. The chef knife in hand has everyone believing it isn't broken because most are happy. I'm offering a never before seen scalpel (to THIS hospital... other hospitals are currently using it).
    The scalpel is a god-tier champ, and the chef knife is your Iron Man... It's sad that even this has to be explained...

Long story short, if you want champs, you have to play and progress. For that, you need to develop skills, dedicate some time to practice, research guides and tutorials... If that's not your cup of tea, but you love the Madden system, all the power to you! But then this is NOT the game you want to play. You made it very, very... VERY clear that you want nothing to do with the above "requirements". All you want is Pokemon MARVEL edition, and mindlessly mashing the screen with a big enough champ to not need any strategy. And that's fine, as long as you accept there's a whole game economy outside of your wishes, that doesn't work like you guess (think would be an overstatement, as you plain reject any information given to you).

Please, respectfully, at least listen to those that have better (and more up-to-date) knowledge on the situation, and also seen how even an innocent Christmas gifting event could lead to hundred-thousand dollar scandals, because the #1 alliance that gifts the most got better rewards... And that wasn't the only thing that got exploited that "couldn't be" on paper...
  • Options
    Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 908 ★★★
    @AGSTROS - I'm not sure if you genuinely want trading or you're just trolling at this point. Lol.
    It's quite painfully clear that not only is it a minority that want trading, it's a very miniscule minority. And that really isn't worth Kabam's time, making such a big game change for such a small audience.

I do admire your determination on the subject and I think you do have very good points and arguements. And the way you explained the system, would have the potential to work. I have no arguements against your proposed trading mechanics, you've got a decent system figured out. However, this is just not that game! As much as you might want it to be, this has never been, and will never be, a trading game.

And I'm sorry to say, but the response that Kabam Support sent you, doesn't seem like they even read your email. It sounds like you just received a generic 'Go dump your ideas somewhere else'.

Anyway, good luck, and I do hope you pull your 4* Iron Man soon.
This discussion has been closed.