**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When does Kabam release the characters from movies?

Hi everyone, sorry for another thread but I honestly have nothing else to do and I'm curious. I just wanna know, with the release of WandaVision on Jan15, when would Kabam release their characters. So basically, how long after the release of a show or movies does Kabam release the characters from that show or movie?

Comments

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    whilst what Demonzfyre says is true, we have usually had 2 new champions (at least) released for every MCU movie since Ant-Man.

The only TV related ones have been Quake and Daredevil HK. I wouldn't necessarily bank on getting something with every show, however I am kinda expecting the Scarlet Witch next month, something from Falcon and The Winter Soldier (solely due to Falcon's ? synergy) and maaaaaaybe something for Loki given the State of the Battlerealm image showing two new Asgardians.

• jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
    I'm expecting something because Scarlet Witch sigil looks like the Mcu version and her animations look like the mcu version as well.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    How can movie characters be released if there aren't any Marvel movies coming out 🤷‍♂️
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Unio77 said:

How can movie characters be released if there aren't any Marvel movies coming out 🤷‍♂️

ask that to red guardian and black widow deadly origin
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Back in November 2019 during the infamous Dark Day, the mods opened up a Q&A to pass the time and someone asked about how it works with movie characters, so Miike explained that Kabam has access to a laptop that is synced up with Marvel HQ and it's through Marvel that they get a told in advance what movies and characters are coming up so they can start developing the champs and ensure a release to coincide with the film/show. And I believe it is through Marvel that they get the final say-so of who is eligible and who is ineligible to use in the game which is why they did not release movie versions of venom or Riot and why any X-Men characters they release have to look like their comic book counterparts rather than their film versions.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

whilst what Demonzfyre says is true, we have usually had 2 new champions (at least) released for every MCU movie since Ant-Man.

The only TV related ones have been Quake and Daredevil HK. I wouldn't necessarily bank on getting something with every show, however I am kinda expecting the Scarlet Witch next month, something from Falcon and The Winter Soldier (solely due to Falcon's ? synergy) and maaaaaaybe something for Loki given the State of the Battlerealm image showing two new Asgardians.

Since Age of Ultron.

I’m expecting Scarlet Witch in February/March as to not spoil bits of the show.

As for films, it’s generally a rule of thumb we’ll get at least two characters for each movie. The Disney+ shows are unknown since this is the first one, but expect new characters this year for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Eternals, and Spider-Man 3.
    I wasn't counting Age of Ultron because they released so many new characters in that event, it was an outlier even compared to CW, IW and Endgame.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★

The only TV related ones have been Quake and Daredevil HK.

You missed a few:
    - Kingpin & Luke Cage came out around the same time as the Daredevil, and Jessica Jones series. Luke was actually introduced in the EQ by Jones (see Variant 6)
    - Medusa & Karnak came out alongside the legendarily bad Inhumans series.

Still hoping Kabam will one day notice the Cloak and Dagger series, and Runaways.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I wasn't counting Age of Ultron because they released so many new characters in that event, it was an outlier even compared to CW, IW and Endgame.

Only added two tie in characters the first month. Vision AOU and Hulkbuster ripped straight from the movie, while Black Widow was based on the comics.

The month after gave them the third tie in character, AOU Ultron.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

You missed a few:
    - Kingpin & Luke Cage came out around the same time as the Daredevil, and Jessica Jones series. Luke was actually introduced in the EQ by Jones (see Variant 6)

Still hoping Kabam will one day notice the Cloak and Dagger series, and Runaways.
    Karnak came out with Gambit a year before Medusa did with Kingpin to coincide with Inhumans
    Wanda vision is coming out @Unio77
    I literally specified that, not sure if you read what I wrote...
  • AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    jaysavage said:

I literally specified that, not sure if you read what I wrote...

WandaVision is a SHOW, not a movie. So technically Unio is right.
    I know wanda vision is a show lol. Its because scarlet witch sigil looks juts like the mcu version. Can you guys just read my comments geez. @MiekandKorg and @Adok
    Ya @MiekandKorg I'm just wondering because WandaVision is releasing jan 15 and SW sigil 'came out' in december so is it intentional or coincidence.
    I seriously hope she doesn't become the next Jessica Jones. They gave her abilities tho so maybe not. I believe it was SpideyFunko who had a good theory about what they're doing with her.

You missed a few:

I didn't count Cage, Karnak, Kingpin or Medusa because 1. they're based on the comics characters appearances, not the shows and 2. Karnak as noted elsewhere came before the show.
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 456 ★★★

It could be, we don't know. They might be releasing her next month for WandaVision hype, perhaps the show will have the design we see in Sigil and MCU SW Finally gets the name "Scarlet Witch" and that crown thing.

Or maybe it's just a cool design and she's another trophy champ or this is a Jessica Jones situation. Only time will tell my friend.

Can't be a Jessica Jones situation, as SW has a full set of abilities and animations tied to her while JJ is just a model.
  • Jr_StarkJr_Stark Posts: 182 ★★
    I'm still waiting for Thor Infinity War :confused:
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Jr_Stark said:

I'm still waiting for Thor Infinity War :confused:

You have a better shot Waiting for Godot...