**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iron Patriot Really That Bad?

Ok aside from his hideous looks.. what is so bad about the poor iron patriot? He gets so much hate. I mean if we are going to be honest he is one of the best iron mans.. Now let’s compare assuming they are all awakened..
Iron Man- Armor, Armor Break, Regen
Sup. Iron Man- Armor, Armor Break, Regen
Hulk buster- Armor, Armor Break
War Machine- Armor, Armor Break, Fury, Bleed
Ultron- Bleed, Stun, Evade, Armor, Regen, Cauterized
Iron Patriot- Armor, Regen, Armor Break, Stun, Bleed

Now Ultron is probably the best in this list or is very close to iron patriot. But I just want to know why everyone hates this champ so much..? Is there something I am missing?

Comments

• Lfer58Lfer58 Posts: 65
    Iron patriot doesn’t do bleed
  • IrakliIrakli Posts: 148
    if his break and stun had 100%chance he'd be way better
  • AgentEdwardAgentEdward Posts: 65
    Irakli wrote: »
    if his break and stun had 100%chance he'd be way better

Yeah but from what I see he has around a 70% chance to armor break and stun which isn’t that bad. Do agree 100% chance would make him much better though.

• ToxinToxin Posts: 24
    Ultron god, sim /im ok, rest garbage
    Lfer58 wrote: »
    Actually with his special 3 and occasionaly his Special 2 does.

No he doesn’t. He can only stun and armour break with specials. War machine has bleed with his first and third specials and ultron has bleed on normal attacks. But iron patriot has no form of bleed at all. People tend to hate on them because they’re all so similar. Same movesets and similar abilities. But unlike iron man or sim, iron patriot gets a burnout after his arc overload. So he takes more damage and can no longer inflict stun or armour break so his own damage output also drops. So if you’re trying to use him as a Regen champ to get your health back on the next fight of a quest, he will be very basic and have no abilities at all. That’s why he gets more hate than the other variants, before the Regen I’d say he’s pretty average. Stun and armour break is ok but nothing special imo.

Ok so I have to admit that I did make a mistake with the Bleed.. Me and my buddy both saw him put Bleed on someone with his special 3 but it says it nowhere when you look at iron patriots info. Maybe it was a glitch but when I saw him Bleed the other day that was one of things that caught my interest with iron patriot. But set aside the Bleed I still don’t think he is that bad.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

No he doesn’t. He can only stun and armour break with specials. War machine has bleed with his first and third specials and ultron has bleed on normal attacks. But iron patriot has no form of bleed at all. People tend to hate on them because they’re all so similar. Same movesets and similar abilities. But unlike iron man or sim, iron patriot gets a burnout after his arc overload. So he takes more damage and can no longer inflict stun or armour break so his own damage output also drops. So if you’re trying to use him as a Regen champ to get your health back on the next fight of a quest, he will be very basic and have no abilities at all. That’s why he gets more hate than the other variants, before the Regen I’d say he’s pretty average. Stun and armour break is ok but nothing special imo.

Ok so I have to admit that I did make a mistake with the Bleed.. Me and my buddy both saw him put Bleed on someone with his special 3 but it says it nowhere when you look at iron patriots info. Maybe it was a glitch but when I saw him Bleed the other day that was one of things that caught my interest with iron patriot. But set aside the Bleed I still don’t think he is that bad.

Was you in arena or AW or something? Probably suicide masteries.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Ultron has double immunes.

Was you in arena or AW or something? Probably suicide masteries.

Yeah I was playing in arena. Your probably right about the mastery.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    SIM is by far the best iron man. In every way possible except stun. Yes IP sucks that bad. None of them are close to ultron
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    If you like SIM or IM, then Iron Patriot is much better ONLY if he is duped to a high level. Regen is virtually the same at high levels, IP has 50% more armor bonus, and 50% more armor break. He also power gains and stuns during regen. So most of the time when play IM or SIM in AQ you dance around to get that regen then try to finish the fight off. IP is better at that because 90% of the time you just drop and L3 once the power gain takes over. Plus IP has the highest prestige of the group, not as high as ultron but ultron is not in the same group, his regen rate is super slow and his hits are weak. Only reason ultron is preferred is because he is a rare champ that is poison immune, bleed immune AND regens.
    IP hits the hardest of the group, if I could downrank my IM from r4 to r3 and up rank my IP i would.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    MadMarks wrote: »
    If you like SIM or IM, then Iron Patriot is much better ONLY if he is duped to a high level. Regen is virtually the same at high levels, IP has 50% more armor bonus, and 50% more armor break. He also power gains and stuns during regen. So most of the time when play IM or SIM in AQ you dance around to get that regen then try to finish the fight off. IP is better at that because 90% of the time you just drop and L3 once the power gain takes over. Plus IP has the highest prestige of the group, not as high as ultron but ultron is not in the same group, his regen rate is super slow and his hits are weak. Only reason ultron is preferred is because he is a rare champ that is poison immune, bleed immune AND regens.
    IP hits the hardest of the group, if I could downrank my IM from r4 to r3 and up rank my IP i would.

What ultron is not rare. Only this ultron ther in Lol. And he is. Not good
    Gamer wrote: »

Not that ultron is a rare champ. I think he meant that bleed immunity, poison immunity and healing is a rare combination of abilities for one character to have all in one. Dormammu could be argued to have the same, but his Regen is less reliable and much harder to pull off.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Am I the only one who swears they remember IP placing bleeds in his special 3 back then? I swear he had it, he was my 2nd 4* and that was like 2 years ago.
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    Am I the only one who swears they remember IP placing bleeds in his special 3 back then? I swear he had it, he was my 2nd 4* and that was like 2 years ago.

Think he was the first ever 3* I won in an arena when he was new but I don’t ever remember him having bleed of any kind.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    ForumGuy wrote: »

Think he was the first ever 3* I won in an arena when he was new but I don’t ever remember him having bleed of any kind.

I swear he did man. :(
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

Not that ultron is a rare champ. I think he meant that bleed immunity, poison immunity and healing is a rare combination of abilities for one character to have all in one. Dormammu could be argued to have the same, but his Regen is less reliable and much harder to pull off.
    Yeah im wash to fast to read it. But dumaus is to and he Can reg to.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    IP is the best defender probably out of IM, SIM, and IP just because the power generation on overload. Put him on an Optimist node and hope someone pushes him into overload without draining power first. The bonuses at low health will keep him from being so squishy when it's over. The stuns on specials can be killers in war.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    The legit answer to your question besides niche situations where he is useful is that Iron Patriot is not actually the worst character in the game.

Iron Patriot is just very generalist and middle of the road. He doesn't excel at anything, nor does he do anything special. He just armors up, armor breaks, and stuns. All basic stuff, and he doesn't do any of it better than other champions. Iron Patriot is still good for questing and actually has a decent synergy between Miles Morales and classic Spiderman, but he won't enable you to do any more content than before just because you opened one.

I've seen a lot of people use him for AQ for example because he just overloads and heals up.

The current worst characters in the game are all "tank" characters because they have no place in the current system, I.E. Luke Cage, Hulkbuster, Colossus, etc.
  • SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    it is not that he is bad its that everything he does, other champs do so much better
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    The reason people hate him is because he seems to come out of PHCs about twice as often as any other champion.

He is actually okay, apart from looking like a clown; and if you don't have a large roster to choose from, he'll serve you well. But other champs are better overall.

Small point, but @MegaSkater67 criticised his burnout, suggesting he's basic in subsequent fights. That's not the case - if you get him to heal up just before finishing the game, he'll have all his usual abilities (plus the health) in the next fight.

The reason people hate him is because he seems to come out of PHCs about twice as often as any other champion.

He is actually okay, apart from looking like a clown; and if you don't have a large roster to choose from, he'll serve you well. But other champs are better overall.

Small point, but @MegaSkater67 criticised his burnout, suggesting he's basic in subsequent fights. That's not the case - if you get him to heal up just before finishing the game, he'll have all his usual abilities (plus the health) in the next fight.

Sorry that was bad wording on my part. Meant to say he’d be basic with no abilities for the remainder of the fight he’s in if he uses arc overload. But yeah if you get through with a decent amount of health left it resets for the next fight so it does have its uses.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Yall what about IMIW (Iron Man Infinity War) Best iron man 100%
  • You brought this back from the dead
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★

Yall what about IMIW (Iron Man Infinity War) Best iron man 100%

You know he wasn't even out when this thread was made right?