**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should we kick the player who cost us this war?

linuxlinux Posts: 297
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
We use a spreadsheet to assign champs for full diversity. One of our players changed his champs without checking who'd placed or telling us, producing a dupe -- the cost of that missed opportunity was greater than the margin of our loss. (Granted, that's only because our opponents did the same thing, but the point of this poll is to focus on how we can improve.)

Should we kick the player who placed the wrong champ?

0989cec0q5rc.png

Should we kick the player who cost us this war? 162 votes

Yes -- since champ selection decides wars, we should drop players who don't take it seriously
11% 18 votes
No -- everyone makes mistakes occasionally ... it's just usually not so obvious when a mistake costs you the war
27% 44 votes
Maybe -- give them a strike, and kick them if they get 3 strikes
23% 38 votes
No -- this AW format is horrible and we should focus on getting Kabam to change it
38% 62 votes

Comments

• Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    You know if 4 more members in your alliance had just used one 20% boost before placing then it would have added about 40 points (assuming each person placed 5 heroes that were about 5k in rating). That would have been the difference you needed too.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Since when do boosts work in war again?
  • Options
    King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    So in the current format you got to make sure your team is paying attention, they literally cost you a few hundred 5 star shards depending on what tier you are in war..... whatever you decide better make sure to enforce it, strike or boot depending on how much they contribute.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »

The boosts don't work, but they do affect defender rating.
  • Options
    AythemAythem Posts: 20
    If they're new, probationary, or in trouble for other stuff, sure that could push them over the edge.
    If they have a good history, then tease them mercilessly so they learn their lesson and are an example to others, but don't boot them just yet.
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »

The boosts don't work, but they do affect defender rating.

EXACTLY.
  • Options
    It's one war, no.
  • Options
    TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    But maybe they will see this on the forum and jump ship as they will now be worried about getting kicked.
  • Options
    RustRust Posts: 30
    seem to be the reason why you lose the war is because of defender rating not diversity since both team have the same diversity.
  • Options
    Full diversity? Can't you get 150 diversity or is that just a myth? If you can, sounds like your spreadsheet is no good and diversity cost you the war. Then you'll have to kick the guy in charge of that.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I base it on communication and consistency. If it's an honest mistake, I don't react too harshly. If there is a repeated disregard for requests, that's a problem. I don't flat out kick people unless there's a reason. I used to when joining War without permission was big. Simply because I organize Wars and instruct Paths based on the layout. If one person joins without being told, it throws off the system. It's not a huge issue now. My guys understand how it works. It all depends on the situation. If there's no communication or respect for the rules, reckless choices can cost the team. If it's just a one-time mistake, that's forgivable.
  • Options
    linux wrote: »
    Full diversity? Can't you get 150 diversity or is that just a myth? If you can, sounds like your spreadsheet is no good and diversity cost you the war. Then you'll have to kick the guy in charge of that.

I like this suggestion. I'm responsible for one BG -- but should I still kick myself if I assigned correctly but didn't get my players to follow the assignments? I can blame them, but then again I could also blame myself for not posting assignments enough times in chat. (And yes, we do get diversity of 150, or 7500 points, when we don't make mistakes.)
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Rust wrote: »
    seem to be the reason why you lose the war is because of defender rating not diversity since both team have the same diversity.

Yup. My guess is the alliance had a much higher rating as well. But... your gonna blame it in one guy changing one champ? Did he steal your lunch money? Put your big girl pants back on and get back out there. You’ll win the next one.

Y'all are funny. I don't take this AW format seriously, but do still try to do what we can within reason. (So I assigned for diversity but refused to spend a lot more time optimizing for overall defender rating.) And it turns out we'll probably lose the current war for other reasons, but I'm not particularly concerned.

I was talking about the person who created the 149 champ diversity. My understanding was that you lost based on defender rating and not diversity. So whoever created 149 champ diversity placement and not 150 should get kicked. My comment was also sarcastic.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Yes.

Insert serious business jpeg here.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Lets get back to this boost thing. I know synergies stay and increase your defender rating but they're constant. Boosts expire in an allotted amount of time and will be gone by the start of the war. So is this a new unintended consequence of the new war?

And I don't care if you kick him. Not my circus.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Just say what champs you want placed. If you did start considering the options you have above.
  • Options
    Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 171
    OMG. One mistake and they consider kicking you out. What a bunch of Morons.
  • Options
    Barry_Allen007Barry_Allen007 Posts: 147
    Keep it civil, guys. The mods have already had to remove a few comments from here. We know they're listening, and this is a topic everyone has an opinion that deserves to be shared.

Don't ruin it.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited October 2017
    I think in this type of situation there are too many variables that need considering, and cannot be answered as simple as the few choices laid out. Alliances are a two way street and both the group conscious and individual are due equal respect IMO, because the group benefits from each individual and vice versa. The following are just a few examples I believe to be pertinent points for consideration.
    #1 how long has this member been a part of the group?
    #2 how was their past performance/participation in general?
    #3 has this member been cooperative and willing to help the group when called upon?
    #4 have they displayed a lack of "team player" attitude as percieved by the leaders?
    #5 how vital have they been to the groups overall growth(ie.. They rank top 50% or better in alliance events consistently)?
    #6 If in fact his actions can be fully justified as the reason for losing the war, does the pros/cons hold less weight compared to losing one match of AW?
    #7 has this member took ownership of having made a mistake and willing to avoid it happening again?

BTW, This has really nothing to do with "feelings getting hurt". IMO It has more to do with good ethics and common courtesy because they are as vital as any other member of the group.Good luck to you in making a decision!
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Honestly it's tough finding good help out there. That said keep the player. If they make the mistake again then cut but coach them first as to what you expect. But booting people for that without warning is bad business