**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Advice for Nightcrawler and Longshot in Legendary Arcade

Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I cleared the first set (5 runs) of rewards for the Legenday Prize Card to get the 10K 5* shards (I'm UC not Cav).

I have not had too much trouble, but struggled a bit in a couple of fights. All in all it cost me about 150 units and a fair number of individual revives & boosts, which I don't think is too bad, but I am hoping to try to get through my remaining runs using fewer resources.

My team has been Corvus 5*R4, Warlock 5* R5, Void 5* R4, Hulkbuster 6* R1, and G2099 5* R4. I will mostly likely be replacing HB for future runs pending any advice I get here.

Options to replace anyone on the team are 5* R4 CAPIW (duped but low sig), 5* R4 Sym Supreme, 5* R4 CV, 5* R4 Fury, 5* R4 Cull, 6*R1 MagHoX, 5* R4 Havok.

The toughest fights for me have been Nightcrawler and Longshot.

For Nightcrawler I've been using Corvus and just using the recharge effect to get to SP2 asap. It's worked for the most part, but I typically have to use a revive or two. I also like Corvus here because it gets me 2 charges for him in remaining fights. What have you all been doing for this fight?

The other trouble fight has been Longshot. I've been starting off with Void, who is usually around 50-70% health after the Rogue fight. I usually get Longshot down to around 50-60% before Void drops and I mop up with 1 or 2 other characters. The problem has been, when I'm avoiding him during the Unstoppable phase I end up getting pinned in the corner. Any advice?

The others have not generally been tough. Void is awesome on the Rogue fight. I make stupid mistakes and get clipped in the other fights but that's an issue with the quality of my play, not a problem with the fights themselves.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Adevati said:

Nightcrawler. Parry Heavy. Never evades.

Longshot. You can parry while he’s unstoppable. Also, parry heavy, you’ll have plenty of room.

This. I used warlock for nightcrawler parry heavy and ignore the recharge node.
    For longshot take cap and do parry heavy when he is not unstoppable. I would say take out guillotine 2099 instead of hb as the global doesn't help her much.
  • DenRodDenRod Posts: 43
    Do you have any champion ranked up that is able to apply slow debuffs? In case you don't, I highly recommend start working on one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrL07Zus-D0
  • I use colossus for NC and I use void for Longshot
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    NC - Sentinel. Just alwass hit block, he will switch modes eventually. Stay on your toes for evades and bait out SPs, ideally SP2s.

Longshot - anyone with a DoT effect ideally. I use Domino because she has great basic attack damage and can make SP bleeds. Also try to parry when he is unstop and avoid attacking him of course.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    I’ve used she hulk for both.
  • amal_nairamal_nair Posts: 82
    I have been using ghost for nc, wasp for rogue and quake for longshot and final unstoppable colossus. This team made the event pretty easy for me.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    I used Corvus for the whole thing.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    CAIW parry heavy both. Don’t throw heavy while unstoppable
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    Ghost is ez win against NC, hold block while phasing for Power Gain, only 1 hit combos.

I used Torch prefight for Longshot.

(Void could be very good for NC.)

Also, max out Stupefy. If you parry, you can always get one hit in without problems, even when both of you are unstoppable.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Just hit nc block until he switches then fight as normal. Torch best option for long shot or burst damage champ.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Thanks everyone!
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    Idk if u have him, but I used AA for most of the fights. I'm lucky to have him as a 5* 65 at sig 180 but in any case, he just annihilates anyone susceptible to bleed and poison (and arguably anybody who bleeds in general). Although it is worth mentioning that I did indeed use cap iw on longshot just cuz I had a class bonus, but AA would've worked there too. And on the topic of cap iw, mine is only at like sig 120, but even so, you don't actually need him at high sig to take down longshot due to the fact that all u need are his base abilities to pull it off. Another thing worth mentioning is that iceman is also a fairly viable counter to nightcrawler if u have him due to the fact he can tank sp3s and prevent evade. But in any case, your team seems fairly solid so I wouldn't be concerned moving forward. There will always be better counters but the game was not designed in such a way that you would need a certain champ to beat a certain champ. It might be gravitating more in that direction as we move forward, but it will always be possible to beat whoever with whomever. Good luck :)

(side note: u should be able to get to cavalier with your current roster so I'd definitely give it a shot)
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you have someone who can perfect block, just parry 3hit or parry heavy. I use CAIW for both and it’s ezpz
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Use Corvus for NC. Charge to sp1 then hit into him until he evades. Back off then parry medium sp1. Builds space and gets you first persistent charge then build to sp2 and hit him with a couple of those. To maintain space you can just dash at him and fire your sp2 as you get close rather than waiting for him to come to you.

Longshot I use she hulk to slow him but you could use capiw as he can hit into him and nullify the unstoppable. Parry heavy for safety as you know you will have a kinetic charge.
  • This won’t be a popular one because of the class disadvantage but I use nick fury against nc 5+ charges and he can’t miss or be evaded. Hold block till you get sp1 and keep your charges between 5 and 16. I’ve used multiple champs vs ls just gotta bait out specials when he is unstoppable and be ready to attack when he isn’t. Dot champs seem to work the best so he is taking damage while unstoppable ht and aa work well.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Use Corvus for NC. Charge to sp1 then hit into him until he evades. Back off then parry medium sp1. Builds space and gets you first persistent charge then build to sp2 and hit him with a couple of those. To maintain space you can just dash at him and fire your sp2 as you get close rather than waiting for him to come to you.

Longshot I use she hulk to slow him but you could use capiw as he can hit into him and nullify the unstoppable. Parry heavy for safety as you know you will have a kinetic charge.

He can’t nullify it as it is passive, but he can just parry without giving ground or taking block damage. Still good but for a different reason.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    You have a lot of solutions for those two champions :

Nightcrawler : Ghost or NightTrasher or Iceman or Corvus/Proxima...

Longshot : nearly any champion as long as you pay attention at the irresistible every 5 seconds. AA and Doom was the two i used the most for the amount of damage they do

Rogue : Best counter is Doom as you can slap her easily to get rid of the aegis node, but any champion work if you use heavy attack at the end of her SP1

Iceman : Ghost or Warlock or Corvus are the best counter but i suppose Mephisto should work too

Wolverine, Wolverine X23, Deadpool : nearly any champion work against them. AA was my favourite

Irresistible Colossus : Magneto make the fight really easy ;)
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

Berjibs said:

He can’t nullify it as it is passive, but he can just parry without giving ground or taking block damage. Still good but for a different reason.
    Weird I swear I used him for that fight the other day. 🤨

• Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    I used Red Guardian for both. Slow will take care of Nightcrawler's evade and help to change his stance quickly, and it will take care of Longshot's Unstoppable.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    NC is like wasp. As others mentioned, parry heavy and his evade is nothing. Or parry, MM. You can try MlM but getting greedy will catch you eventually. No need to switch his stance if you play it slow and safe like this.

Longshot is only scary if you let him get to sp2 and don't have incinerate immunity. Torch, void, colossus work great on him, especially torch. Parry while he's unlockable and get a quick M in and be ready to parry or dex his next move when the stun wears off. Otherwise anyone with slow will help and just don't let him get to sp2 to be on the safe side.
  • Nudge37Nudge37 Posts: 3
    Quake. The answer is always quake.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    I used the Domino trinity with Nick Fury and Deadpool (because I run suicides). Domino can destroy every single fight, although Red Hulk can finish the some fights faster.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    for nc, play him like a normal nc fight and ignore recharge for the most part. bring an evade counter or parry mll or heavy