**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Featured 6* Arena

Considering how much the game has progressed is it time for Kabam to introduce a 6* Featured arena ? What does the community feel about this ?

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Only basic 5* for now
  • I agree, it’s one of the things that’s turned me off arena to be honest.

Hitting top 10% in the 5* arena gets me 2k 5* shards for 5 hours? worth of grind. However long it takes it’s far too long for what is currently just 20% of 24 ISO bricks and 275 6* shards.

The only reason I’ve done any arena in the last 6 months is for units and gold. I was looking at the rewards earlier today and decided that I was going to read a chapter in my book instead. CBA for an extra couple hundred 5* shards.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    It’s definitely time. 5* are going the way of 4* now, though not quite at the same rate. The opportunity to collect the newest 5* that doesn’t touch the importance of an average 6* isn’t that appealing to me anymore.

Plus with the addition of a 6* arena we’d get updated milestones, and the potential for more usable shard rewards like GMC or Cav shards. PHCs as an end gamer are a waste of time to even open.

With that, I’d also love to see the addition of a T2A arena as well as a T5B arena. Arena in general needs some major love from Kabam
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    If they ever bring 6 Star Featured Arenas, then Milestone will be probably 200M to 300M
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I think they should add a featured 2* arena. I love collecting the new 2*s

I think they should make the 2 star a milestone in all the arenas so you can kinda test a champ easy

Crcrcrc said:

I think they should make the 2 star a milestone in all the arenas so you can kinda test a champ easy
    They did that with the 3* already
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Crcrcrc said:

2*s are more fun to collect.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    Etm34 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Oddly I didn’t know that I don’t are a much these days

Etm34 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Oddly I didn’t know that I don’t are a much these days
    Yeah my arena grind has slowed down significantly. Started just after the apocalypse arena
  • IndominusIndominus Posts: 13
    I don't understand why so many people are down voting? 5*s are becoming lesser value now so isn't it better to let everyone have a chance to earn a 6* through grinding ?
    Indominus said:

I don't understand why so many people are down voting? 5*s are becoming lesser value now so isn't it better to let everyone have a chance to earn a 6* through grinding ?

That's the thing. It won't be everyone. Just the top of the game. Probably all whales with everything complete.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Indominus said:

LOL who do you think will be placing in a 6* arena for any champ worth having? The people who already have 120-150+ 6*s.

Indominus said:

LOL who do you think will be placing in a 6* arena for any champ worth having? The people who already have 120-150+ 6*s.
    But that’s already the same story with the 5* featured arena. The people with the 6* rosters 70 champs deep clean up in it. So nothing really changes for the average arena grinder besides the potential for more units/BC/shards
    Etm34 said:

Indominus said:

But that’s already the same story with the 5* featured arena. The people with the 6* rosters 70 champs deep clean up in it. So nothing really changes for the average arena grinder besides the potential for more units/BC/shards
    The people with 100+ 6*s hardly care about the featured 5*s. I rarely ever go for them unless I just have a lot of time on my hands like this weekend coming. You only have to put up around 45M and I still can't be bothered most of the time.

That's my score in this arena after running all my 6*s once after getting the multiplier up with 5 rounds of 5*s. No suicides or boosts. Just my basic every day mastery setup
    @Worknprogress oh believe me I’m with you. Granted I only have a paltry 78 6* compared to you lol, but I mean if you give a 6* featured arena guys with our rosters can go ahead and move on to that arena, and give those who’d actually benefit from winning the new featured 5* a shot.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Crcrcrc said:

Or just add new champs as 2*s at PHC basic pool, when they add the 3* and 4* version 🙂
    if they added them as 2* in phc, they wouldn't be rare and no one would value their good 2* pulls
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

Etm34 said:

Indominus said:

The people with 100+ 6*s hardly care about the featured 5*s. I rarely ever go for them unless I just have a lot of time on my hands like this weekend coming. You only have to put up around 45M and I still can't be bothered most of the time.
    This nailed the point right there.. I’m an arena grinder and only (yes i said only) have 73 6*, which in end game terms is baby. Yet I can put up 45-60m without even trying.

So, personally would love 6* arena to pull more units and shard but if anyone thinks it is going to help the smaller accounts then very mistaken
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Etm34 said:

Indominus said:

Actually, not necessarily, and in fact not likely. The devs already feel the rewards within the arenas is pretty high. If they add a 6* featured, they aren't likely going to pile even more units into the arenas. They will more likely rearrange the units already there so the total amount of units you can earn is similar or only marginally higher. This means the *average* arena grinder will have to put in more effort for the same amount of milestone rewards in most cases.

Game players think if only the devs add more content there'd be more rewards. That's not how games like this are designed. Games like this are designed mostly in reverse. There's a certain amount of rewards the game is budgeted to flow into player hands. Those rewards are then spread out among all the content. More rewards here means less rewards there. The reward budget does increase at times, but not automatically with more content. Notice what happened to units in monthly EQ with the addition of Cavalier difficulty. Notice where the path rewards in content like Cav difficulty came from.

The units in the 6* featured milestones will probably come from some of the milestones in the other arenas, and since a 6* featured would likely have much larger milestones the average player would have a harder time reaching them than now. So you'd be taking rewards away from lower players to hand to the top players, which is completely backwards for the intent of arena milestones.
    DNA3000 said:

Etm34 said:

Indominus said:

Actually, not necessarily, and in fact not likely. The devs already feel the rewards within the arenas is pretty high. If they add a 6* featured, they aren't likely going to pile even more units into the arenas. They will more likely rearrange the units already there so the total amount of units you can earn is similar or only marginally higher. This means the *average* arena grinder will have to put in more effort for the same amount of milestone rewards in most cases.

Game players think if only the devs add more content there'd be more rewards. That's not how games like this are designed. Games like this are designed mostly in reverse. There's a certain amount of rewards the game is budgeted to flow into player hands. Those rewards are then spread out among all the content. More rewards here means less rewards there. The reward budget does increase at times, but not automatically with more content. Notice what happened to units in monthly EQ with the addition of Cavalier difficulty. Notice where the path rewards in content like Cav difficulty came from.

The units in the 6* featured milestones will probably come from some of the milestones in the other arenas, and since a 6* featured would likely have much larger milestones the average player would have a harder time reaching them than now. So you'd be taking rewards away from lower players to hand to the top players, which is completely backwards for the intent of arena milestones.
    Were you around with the addition of the 4* basic and 5* arenas? How did those work? Genuinely asking, as they’ve been there since I’ve been playing.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Etm34 said:

DNA3000 said:

Etm34 said:

Indominus said:

Were you around with the addition of the 4* basic and 5* arenas? How did those work? Genuinely asking, as they’ve been there since I’ve been playing.
    Not sure what you mean by how did they work. The current arena structure more or less replaced the original ones on or just after 12.0 if memory serves, and added the reward structure we see today with the milestone rewards and units and such. It was a *huge* revamp of the arena rewards, highly underappreciated at the time, and I think to this day the devs regret boosting them quite so high.

Originally we had a 3* arena and a 4* arena. Your rank in the 4* arena determined if you got the 4* featured, the 4* basic, or the 3* featured (there were some other rewards, I would have to look it up). It was much more focused primarily on acquiring champions, and less as a way to farm other rewards. It was the milestone rewards in the new arenas that I think shifted the focus of the arena to be as much about farming gold and units (and battlechips) if not more. These arenas were removed when the new ones (which are more or less the current ones) were added.

If you're asking how they were able to add rewards when they added the new arenas instead of just shuffling around the existing rewards, that was because it was probably felt that the arena rewards were too low and needed adjusting upward. That justified the major revamp both in the game mode and the rewards it contained. However, I can tell you with absolute certainty the devs do not feel that way now.
    Etm34 said:

@Worknprogress oh believe me I’m with you. Granted I only have a paltry 78 6* compared to you lol, but I mean if you give a 6* featured arena guys with our rosters can go ahead and move on to that arena, and give those who’d actually benefit from winning the new featured 5* a shot.

Our rosters?
    I’m sure there are more than 300 people with 130+ 6*s who would love to snag the featured one free. Even you would have no chance. That’s why it wouldn’t work.
    Crcrcrc said:

Etm34 said:

Our rosters?
    I’m sure there are more than 300 people with 130+ 6*s who would love to snag the featured one free. Even you would have no chance. That’s why it wouldn’t work.
    I don’t disagree that I probably wouldn’t win a featured 6* champion. I’m not really ever going to grind for one if they added it in anyways. I said our rosters as the vast majority of players don’t have nearly as many 6* as I do, let alone how many WNP has. But at least the addition of a 6* arena would give more of a chance to those who need the 5* to get it, as those with the massive rosters would move on, just like I have from the 4* basic and featured arenas. It’s just simple progression. If you guys want to keep arenas around as a relic of the past that’s fine, but the game needs to grow.
    Etm34 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Etm34 said:

Our rosters?
    I don’t disagree that I probably wouldn’t win a featured 6* champion. I’m not really ever going to grind for one if they added it in anyways. I said our rosters as the vast majority of players don’t have nearly as many 6* as I do, let alone how many WNP has. But at least the addition of a 6* arena would give more of a chance to those who need the 5* to get it, as those with the massive rosters would move on, just like I have from the 4* basic and featured arenas. It’s just simple progression. If you guys want to keep arenas around as a relic of the past that’s fine, but the game needs to grow.
    This would only lose money in the long run. No players other than the ones who drop $1000s are going to get high enough ranking, and they won't need to spend money on cavs anymore.
    DNA3000 said:

Etm34 said:

DNA3000 said:

Etm34 said:

Indominus said:

Not sure what you mean by how did they work. The current arena structure more or less replaced the original ones on or just after 12.0 if memory serves, and added the reward structure we see today with the milestone rewards and units and such. It was a *huge* revamp of the arena rewards, highly underappreciated at the time, and I think to this day the devs regret boosting them quite so high.

Originally we had a 3* arena and a 4* arena. Your rank in the 4* arena determined if you got the 4* featured, the 4* basic, or the 3* featured (there were some other rewards, I would have to look it up). It was much more focused primarily on acquiring champions, and less as a way to farm other rewards. It was the milestone rewards in the new arenas that I think shifted the focus of the arena to be as much about farming gold and units (and battlechips) if not more. These arenas were removed when the new ones (which are more or less the current ones) were added.

If you're asking how they were able to add rewards when they added the new arenas instead of just shuffling around the existing rewards, that was because it was probably felt that the arena rewards were too low and needed adjusting upward. That justified the major revamp both in the game mode and the rewards it contained. However, I can tell you with absolute certainty the devs do not feel that way now.

Thanks for your insight. I’d love to hear what the developers have to say about arenas. I know it was mentioned a bit in their roadmaps, but not nearly enough. Though I’m not sure if the developers do feel that way if I had to guess. Take for example the 5* featured arena creating a new bracket that hands out half a 5* for 1-5%. That was a sizable rewards jump