**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guardian or G2099?

StarLord110896StarLord110896 Posts: 107
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Which one should I take to r5 first? My priority is act 7.1 exploration. Who do you guys think will help better?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    Is Guardian awakened, and if so at what sig? He needs it. G2099 does not, although her sig is a nice addition.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    @ kill- Oh wait😢
    Probably Guardian if he's high sig otherwise Guilly
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

@ kill- Oh wait😢
    Probably Guardian if he's high sig otherwise Guilly

Hehehe, I can bang on Guilly since he's not here 😈. He will be missed though. ✌🏻
  • ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    עורגדחן
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I prefer g2099 to guardian but both are great.
  • PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    Both are great, 7.1 is not that hard somaybe you should put something else in your decision, g2099 is a gamechanger in aq map6/map7, guardian is great for synergy (+block prof.) and for high dmg to finish stuff like act6 exploration.

BUT.....

For me who has Guardian as an 6* R3 and G2099 R5 you should do both! They are definitely worth it!
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Pyrda said:

Both are great, 7.1 is not that hard somaybe you should put something else in your decision, g2099 is a gamechanger in aq map6/map7, guardian is great for synergy (+block prof.) and for high dmg to finish stuff like act6 exploration.

BUT.....

For me who has Guardian as an 6* R3 and G2099 R5 you should do both! They are definitely worth it!

In terms of practical damage, id easily put g99 before guardian . She only needs one sp3 instead of multiple like Guardian
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Pyrda said:

BUT.....

In terms of practical damage, id easily put g99 before guardian . She only needs one sp3 instead of multiple like Guardian
    🤦‍♂️ If you want the infitine damage on that Sp2, yeah you have to throw multiple Sp3's. But in most fights, 1 or 2 Sp1's then a Sp2 and most opponent's will be toast.
  • I say G99, but that is because I use her in a lot of different content while guardian I don't have a high star level of and I can't seem to get his rotation down
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Guardian.
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    edited January 2021
    g99 but only cos i dont have guardian. very biased opinion here
  • Light7Light7 Posts: 203
    If guardian at high sig he would be better than gully and also better than warlock
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    Guardian if he's awakened and you have plenty of SIGs. Guilty otherwise
  • StarLord110896StarLord110896 Posts: 107
    Ok.. I'm starting to lean a bit towards guardian now.. I have him at sig 40 tho..
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★

Ok.. I'm starting to lean a bit towards guardian now.. I have him at sig 40 tho..

Do G99, then rank up Guardian when u have him closer to max sig. I have Guardian at max sig, and I like him, but G99 is a clear step ahead of him wrt damage output and easy-access utility.

Both are ramp-up champs, but G99 can carry hers over for tough/boss fights, and Guardian has to ramp each fight. Guardian’s damage is shock/energy so he’s less effective against shock immune, energy resistant champs. G99’s damage bypasses crit penalties, safeguard/damage caps, and does degen dot which most champs can’t stop or mitigate, also ramps up infinitely on each hit. She has combo protection on her heavy.

G99 has a great regen for sustainability, plus true immunities. Guardian’s pseudo immunities require max sig and his armor up and willpower mastery (to get heal).At sig 40 it’s not close comparison.

G99 has super-effective power control on sp1, always there and drains whether u land it or not, plays as normal part of her rotation. Guardian has a smaller power drain that gimps ur damage output/increases ur ramp up time if u use it. And because it’s a light combo-ender u can accidentally apply it and then it becomes annoying. Also if u don’t have ff charges you don’t have it at all. Guardian does have taunt for power control, but it’s short and personally I’d rather have actual power control.

G99 can reverse heal/heal block on sp2, Guardian has no utility like this. Can only try to out-damage big regen champs or nodes.

Guardian does have the amazing solo block synergy, and if u run a lot of champs w low block proficiency, or want to, that’s one of the best synergies in the game. His perfect block synergies are similarly nice if ur looking for that utility. But all-around Guardian requires more investment to become a champ that’s still not covering as much ground as G99. I’d also say he comes close to needing White Mags synergy to shorten his ff ramp up time, at least for comparing to G99 on damage output. G99 has some useful synergies, esp the robot uprising one, but can also do everything she does without any help.

If ur using Guardian for synergy, u can still include him at whatever rank he’s at, but if you intend to use the champ in tough fights etc there’s really no comparison until u get Guardian to max sig and even then I see him as more of a niche counter for his energy resistance and parry/block utility. Power gain, regen, heavy bleed, heavy poison, energy resist, huge health pools, all stuff G99 can prob counter w more ease straight out the crystal when u pull her. I do like both champs tho.
  • StarLord110896StarLord110896 Posts: 107
    Okay..Will take all this in consideration. Thanks for helping me out.
  • Light7Light7 Posts: 203
    In gully2099 if you lose the combo it will be very annoying
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

I prefer Guardians utility and his damage ramp up is easier. G2099 is great, with her own utility advantages but I'd go Guardian any day of the week. I have him at r4 sig 100 and even just half way to 200 he's super tanky. Hell be my next rank 5. Plus his synergy bonus is great for the whole team. He will deal with more types of damage with his high resistance and armor than she will. That said, rank who you enjoy playing because they're both great.

How is guardians ramp up easier