**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How is Immortal Hulk good.

SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I know a lot of people wants him and I might be totally off here. But I don’t really understand why. What am I missing?
Have him as a 6*. He hits like a small child and kills himself a little with every medium or SP...
sure, a good indestructible and unblockable phase and a nice regen after that but it all just seems meh...
So pls tell me what I’m missing.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
  • Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    All I could say
    He is 🚮 And that's a fact.
    The one person really overhyped about him is @Crcrcrc and he is the reason imortal hulk is present in spotlight.
  • Options
    SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    Thx @Ghostboytjie @Crcrcrc
    But what about all the damage he takes from the mediums. I tried him against ROLWS and he takes about 3-5% damage from each medium. It’s like constant recoil...
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

You don't have to a understand a trash champ.
    Leave him be and play other more fun champs that don't cost your HP from their own abilities.
    I know I don't like him. Animation sucks too.
    It's what it's

None of that is correct. He's a good champ and you might just not know how to play him. Yes, he does cost HP from his own abilities, but he has the most reliable and maybe the strongest regen in the game. Plus unblockable. Plus immortality. Plus semi-good synergies. What's not to like?
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Snurris said:

Thx @Ghostboytjie @Crcrcrc
    But what about all the damage he takes from the mediums. I tried him against ROLWS and he takes about 3-5% damage from each medium. It’s like constant recoil...

He does, but it is saved as gamma. After Immortality he will regen back to nearly full health if you have enough gamma.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Leave him be and play other more fun champs that don't cost your HP from their own abilities.
    It's what it's

None of that is correct. He's a good champ and you might just not know how to play him. Yes, he does cost HP from his own abilities, but he has the most reliable and maybe the strongest regen in the game. Plus unblockable. Plus immortality. Plus semi-good synergies. What's not to like?
    Most nodes shut him down completely. If you have to do anything other than just hitting (bane, icarus, etc) you're gonna be useless. So he's great for RoL, and..?
  • Options
    No_oneuk said:

It's what it's

Most nodes shut him down completely. If you have to do anything other than just hitting (bane, icarus, etc) you're gonna be useless. So he's great for RoL, and..?
    He gains 60% of degen damage as gamma. Bane is easy with him.
  • Options

@Crcrcrc nvm them they just jelly he is best science champ

Clearly. They all just have lousy Quake
  • Options
    @Ghostboytjie Alright bud, but the thing is I don't even care about any champs rotation or way to play him unless I see what's his true potential is.

Why don't you do one thing,
    You have a rank 2 six star right? Just post a video taking down any five fights in ROL. It should not be a big deal for a rank 2 right? Or take your rank 2 in cav difficulty (mystic, skill or tech one cause he can't handle science, mutant and cosmic one I understand) and do any 7 fights and post a video. Let's see how sustainable and usable this champ is with your tips, rotation and other blah blah blah stuff.

For the rest of eternity, he is a 🚮 .
    Also for you lads @Crcrcrc and @FluffyPigMonster .
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    @Prakhar_82 you clearly didnt read i said i got a 5* id kill for a 6* cause i can insta r2 him.

You basicly said it yourself u dont care about champ rotations or how to play them. Ihulk isnt the normal MLLLM special champ. He has a unique and certain way to play him. Just because you cant play a certain champ doesnt mean he is bad or if you can do corvus lvl damage he aint bad.

Ihulk is basicly a Science corvus. Instead of yellow crits , he does his damage in red. Has some nice enervate after specials and petrify. He has the damage and the utlility if you havnt tested it yourself or dont even own him as a 5* dont speak and say he is bad please.

(Same goes to all you Winter soldier haters :))
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

@Prakhar_82 you clearly didnt read i said i got a 5* id kill for a 6* cause i can insta r2 him.

You basicly said it yourself u dont care about champ rotations or how to play them. Ihulk isnt the normal MLLLM special champ. He has a unique and certain way to play him. Just because you cant play a certain champ doesnt mean he is bad or if you can do corvus lvl damage he aint bad.

Ihulk is basicly a Science corvus. Instead of yellow crits , he does his damage in red. Has some nice enervate after specials and petrify. He has the damage and the utlility if you havnt tested it yourself or dont even own him as a 5* dont speak and say he is bad please.

(Same goes to all you Winter soldier haters :))

Who hates poor winter soldier? I respect him for being the punching bag and champion tester.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    He requires a different mindset. HP is not HP like with other champions. Instead, his health is currency for his Gamma.

Similar way of thinking is with Corvus where you don’t worry about health, but instead your focus is on glaive charges and cooldown timer rather than health. The Glaive charges are both your “health” and key to your abilities. The Gamma is a similar resource.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

@Ghostboytjie Alright bud, but the thing is I don't even care about any champs rotation or way to play him unless I see what's his true potential is.

You have a rank 2 six star right? Just post a video taking down any five fights in ROL. It should not be a big deal for a rank 2 right? Or take your rank 2 in cav difficulty (mystic, skill or tech one cause he can't handle science, mutant and cosmic one I understand) and do any 7 fights and post a video. Let's see how sustainable and usable this champ is with your tips, rotation and other blah blah blah stuff.

Also for you lads @ Crcrcrc and @ FluffyPigMonster .

Just say that you don't know how to play him and move on.
    Nah. It’s typical. People smash buttons and don’t get big yellow numbers automatically = bad champ.

Move along, nothing to see here. LOL
  • Options

ROL is not a test of champ usefulness. Nobody would take a Quake or Corvus into ROL, because it would take forever. Same with iHulk. He isn’t meant for healthpools past 300k. Go learn him, then try to make an opinion based off of experience.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    Can u guys stop quoting that guy xD i keep getting notified
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

ROL is not a test of champ usefulness. Nobody would take a Quake or Corvus into ROL, because it would take forever. Same with iHulk. He isn’t meant for healthpools past 300k. Go learn him, then try to make an opinion based off of experience.
    I will argue that you potentially can finish ROL with iHulk near 100% health and no resources used if played correctly.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

I will argue that you potentially can finish ROL with iHulk near 100% health and no resources used if played correctly.
    True.
    I have gotten WS down to 40% with the 4*. It would be simple with a 5/65. Unless SW heal blocked you
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

True.
    I have gotten WS down to 40% with the 4*. It would be simple with a 5/65. Unless SW heal blocked you
    I did it with a 4* R3 (max sig). Just don't finish every combo with a M. Try and always have Gamma and %health = 100, as a general guide. So if gamma is 30 you should be at about 70% health. If you mess up then you should try an sp3 or two to catch the gamma up. Doesn't have to be exact, just a guide - but that will sustain you for a quest. Sometimes you have to finish with a "L" just so you don't eat health. Not always M ending. When you're ready to go nuts, do it and bust out an SP2.
  • Options
    @Ghostboytjie @FluffyPigMonster @Crcrcrc I didn't say I don't want to learn Ihulk, actually I just love to test out interesting champs like tigra and learn them. The thing is, there isn't a single gameplay on YouTube or any other place where he does anything impressive (I saw a fight vs ROL vision which was just FINE but felt pretty boring. So I just asked you guys especially @Ghostboytjie who are pretty confident in I hulk to post some gameplay instead of making us understand his rotations.
    Again, I didn't said I don't want to learn him, I said I don't care about learning him UNLESS I SEE HIS TRUE POTENTIAL with the given tips.
    Yes I don't have him as a 5 star so I can't test him out.
    For the rest of eternity (unless an impressive gameplay is posted) Ihulk is a 🚮.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

@Ghostboytjie @FluffyPigMonster @Crcrcrc I didn't say I don't want to learn Ihulk, actually I just love to test out interesting champs like tigra and learn them. The thing is, there isn't a single gameplay on YouTube or any other place where he does anything impressive (I saw a fight vs ROL vision which was just FINE but felt pretty boring. So I just asked you guys especially @Ghostboytjie who are pretty confident in I hulk to post some gameplay instead of making us understand his rotations.
    Again, I didn't said I don't want to learn him, I said I don't care about learning him UNLESS I SEE HIS TRUE POTENTIAL with the given tips.
    For the rest of eternity (unless an impressive gameplay is posted) Ihulk is a 🚮.

Here you go
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/246866/you-said-he-was-impractical-for-large-healthpools#latest
    I played like garbage and still took out 175k health in one shot with the 4*. The next fight I would have started at 95% health after Immortality as well. I also could have heavied into the sp2, making this fight quicker.
    FluffyPigMonster has some videos with him as well.
  • Options
    @Crcrcrc I would say that was pretty impressive.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

@ Ghostboytjie @ FluffyPigMonster @ Crcrcrc I didn't say I don't want to learn Ihulk, actually I just love to test out interesting champs like tigra and learn them. The thing is, there isn't a single gameplay on YouTube or any other place where he does anything impressive (I saw a fight vs ROL vision which was just FINE but felt pretty boring. So I just asked you guys especially @ Ghostboytjie who are pretty confident in I hulk to post some gameplay instead of making us understand his rotations.

Cope.