**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Cavalier Difficulty in 2021 and Beyond - New Buffs for February!

Comments

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,893 ★★★★★
    Does Warlock's infection count as a heal block for the Tech node?
  • Sry I somehow quoted the wrong post
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

xNig said:

my rank up decisions for the past month have all been based around making the cavalier eq easier with the nodes i've come to expect. i can't bring my 5r4 angela or 5r4 luke cage into act 6/7 and expect them to perform to the same level that champions with higher power levels can perform to. if you want to change the nodes, fine, but i would like to see more rewards or rank down tickets as i can't get those t1a back.

That’s on you. No one asked you to rank based on Cav EQ. And please don’t tell me you spent T2A instead of Rank Up gems on those rank ups.

T1A? They come in truckloads nowadays.
    @xNig did you fell on your head as a kid or did someone hammered your pea sized brain?
    Actually Kabaam is telling you to rank up specific champs if you want to complete the monthly quest. If you did not have the correct champs ranked up you would not be able to complete it. Which from what they are saying is the goal.
    You think EQ is going to be the last place you see those nodes though? There are buffed up, disstrack, KT, biohazard, etc... paths in Act 6 as well.

Pretty sure they meant the champs that can get the furies from the node not any diss track/buffed up counter
    Those are champs that naturally counter whatever the restriction node is though... That's kind of the point
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

xNig said:

my rank up decisions for the past month have all been based around making the cavalier eq easier with the nodes i've come to expect. i can't bring my 5r4 angela or 5r4 luke cage into act 6/7 and expect them to perform to the same level that champions with higher power levels can perform to. if you want to change the nodes, fine, but i would like to see more rewards or rank down tickets as i can't get those t1a back.

That’s on you. No one asked you to rank based on Cav EQ. And please don’t tell me you spent T2A instead of Rank Up gems on those rank ups.

@xNig did you fell on your head as a kid or did someone hammered your pea sized brain?
    Actually Kabaam is telling you to rank up specific champs if you want to complete the monthly quest. If you did not have the correct champs ranked up you would not be able to complete it. Which from what they are saying is the goal.
    You think EQ is going to be the last place you see those nodes though? There are buffed up, disstrack, KT, biohazard, etc... paths in Act 6 as well.

Pretty sure they meant the champs that can get the furies from the node not any diss track/buffed up counter
    Majority of those champs are more than viable for act 6/7 though
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Faseeh said:

xNig said:

To be fair, some champs are really good and worthy to rank up for cav eq or even outside that quest, so that not too specific rank up, you only need 2 or 3 rank up or even 1 is enough to deal with cav eq.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Seeing as i am struggling to 100% and spent close to 240 units on mini i certainly wont be doing cavalier no more or forseeable future
  • @workinprogress
    Forgive me for the inability to quote your post. It seems with age apparently my lack of technical understanding is getting worse. However with age does come perspective. Thank you for taking the time to reply and thank you for quoting my post as it seems to have been deleted as have my other posts on this topic. (My argument must be too close to the truth I believe)
    Let’s take the biohazard node for example as this is very prevalent and I believe is seen as early as act 5 with the poison and bleed nodes. Previously I was able to rank up any champ I wanted to that I thought was best suited to deal with this node. Personally for me it was nebula then later on I ranked up warlock. With the cavalier monthly quest if I wanted to complete it I was forced to rank up a mutant champ to deal with the node and it wasn’t just for a single lane but for each and every path. Now the mutant I ranked up and don’t care for playing will sit on my bench as a constant reminder of wasted materials. An example I will give you on my account is I ranked up a 6 and 5 star version of guilly2099 to do the tech quest...I hate guilly 2099 and have 0 intention of playing her. There are other champs that I ranked up because of the class restrictions on the particular node and I am not asking for any type of rank downs like other people are I just think it’s **** that every few months we will be forced to rank up toons we don’t want to play. Thanks again and I look forward to your reply.

• I know that you can bring in any champion that you want. However, to take advantage of the node it is required to bring in a mutant. If not then the time and effort to 100% this would not be with it. At least to me. Thank you
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

@FTPAllDay Sorry to say but you got shafted for the skill cav eq

No he didn't. He has fury.

I know that you can bring in any champion that you want. However, to take advantage of the node it is required to bring in a mutant. If not then the time and effort to 100% this would not be with it. At least to me. Thank you

I mean, literally any mutant works for that though, so if you ranked up a subpar mutant then that’s a you problem when there’s so many excellent choices.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I know that you can bring in any champion that you want. However, to take advantage of the node it is required to bring in a mutant. If not then the time and effort to 100% this would not be with it. At least to me. Thank you

But it's not required to "take advantage" of the node. If you don't want to rank up a champion, then you don't need that champion to complete the quests.
  • @Mr_Platypus
    I was referring to that as my example only. I’m sure there are others out there and when I find some more time today if you’d like I will share each one of mine with you.

(My argument must be too close to the truth I believe)

Let’s take the biohazard node for example as this is very prevalent and I believe is seen as early as act 5 with the poison and bleed nodes. Previously I was able to rank up any champ I wanted to that I thought was best suited to deal with this node. Personally for me it was nebula then later on I ranked up warlock. With the cavalier monthly quest if I wanted to complete it I was forced to rank up a mutant champ to deal with the node and it wasn’t just for a single lane but for each and every path. Now the mutant I ranked up and don’t care for playing will sit on my bench as a constant reminder of wasted materials. An example I will give you on my account is I ranked up a 6 and 5 star version of guilly2099 to do the tech quest...I hate guilly 2099 and have 0 intention of playing her. There are other champs that I ranked up because of the class restrictions on the particular node and I am not asking for any type of rank downs like other people are I just think it’s **** that every few months we will be forced to rank up toons we don’t want to play. Thanks again and I look forward to your reply.

"My argument must be too close to the truth I believe"
    First of all, LMAOOOO.

Second, you don't need to rank up specific champions to be able to complete the quests. You didn't need to rank up G2099 for the Tech chapter. You could've brought in any other champion, yet you chose to rank up G2099.

Every decision has a pro and a con. You have to figure out if the benefits outweigh the costs of a rank up for yourself. Sure, it will take longer to complete without a Tech character, but that's your choice to make. No one is forcing you to rank up anyone. The nodes don't punish the player for bringing in a non-Tech champion.
  • Could you imagine the amount of time and effort those quests would of taken without the “correct” champion? I have to believe that’s why most people are not doing it is the effort isn’t worth the reward and forgive me if I’m wrong but kabaam is actually wanting people to complete this quest I thought. I guess bottom line if you don’t have the champion don’t do it that’s where I’m at now.
    edited January 2021

@
    I was referring to that as my example only. I’m sure there are others out there and when I find some more time today if you’d like I will share each one of mine with you.

You can if you like, Ill probably just say the same thing though as there’s nothing wrong with building up a strong diverse roster.

Could you imagine the amount of time and effort those quests would of taken without the “correct” champion? I have to believe that’s why most people are not doing it is the effort isn’t worth the reward and forgive me if I’m wrong but kabaam is actually wanting people to complete this quest I thought. I guess bottom line if you don’t have the champion don’t do it that’s where I’m at now.

Tbf I do the entire mutant chapter without taking advantage of the node because mags, apoc, AA and OR don’t really take advantage for various reasons.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

You think EQ is going to be the last place you see those nodes though? There are buffed up, disstrack, KT, biohazard, etc... paths in Act 6 as well. Did you maybe stop to think that they're encouraging rankups to deal with things you'll come across in story content as well?

I can't believe people are seriously complaining about expanding their roster options to cover more diverse situations. Maybe that's something some of you should have been doing already without someone having to hold your hand and point you in the right direction
    Lots of counters for the new nodes even within the class as well. If someone doesn’t even have 1 ranked up, their rosters might be too shallow and they can’t play without their god tiers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Could you imagine the amount of time and effort those quests would of taken without the “correct” champion? I have to believe that’s why most people are not doing it is the effort isn’t worth the reward and forgive me if I’m wrong but kabaam is actually wanting people to complete this quest I thought. I guess bottom line if you don’t have the champion don’t do it that’s where I’m at now.

"Could you imagine the amount of time and effort those quests would of taken without the “correct” champion?"
    It's not that much effort even without the attack bonuses.

"I have to believe that’s why most people are not doing it is the effort isn’t worth the reward and forgive me if I’m wrong but kabaam is actually wanting people to complete this quest I thought."
    The little effort it takes is definitely worth 1/2 a 6* + more than a full 5*. Furthermore, Kabam gave us the nodes to benefit us for bringing in the right character. You don't get punished for not.

"I guess bottom line if you don’t have the champion don’t do it that’s where I’m at now."
    You don't need the champion to do it. If you think it's not worth it, that's on you. End of discussion.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I think the issue cavalier difficulty has is it isn't particularly clear who it is for.

That's not entirely true. Cavalier difficulty is for players above Uncollected. Period. That includes a wide range of players, but that's always going to be true. You're *never* going to get a difficulty tier that directly targets the very top of the curve, because the very top of the curve is always going to be just a small number of players. You're not going to spend that much developer time making monthly content for that small number of players.

Cavalier difficulty is first class seating. First class seating is targeted at all the people who can afford it. But that includes millionaires, billionaires, and people who just saved up for ten years for the ticket. It can't be a perfectly tuned experience for all those people, but it isn't intended to. It is just intended to be first class. Cavalier difficulty is intended to be Cavalier difficulty. It isn't intended to be tuned to every Cavalier player. If you're a billionaire sitting in first class, that's the best you get. You can choose to switch to an airline that has private staterooms, or you can choose to buy your own plane, but you can't expect an airline to create a special class of seat just for billionaires.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Just off my roster options at 5*R5 and 6*R3 within the own class alone,

Science - Void, CptIW + either Cosmic/Tech/Science, Wasp, She Hulk, Spider Gwen, Quake, or any Science that can inflict a non-damaging Debuff.

Skill - NF, Elsa, KM, Moleman, Falcon

Mutant - Havok, Emma, Sunspot, Magneto, any mutant with CptIW + Storm/Beast/Wolvie

Cosmic - Cull, Aarkus, Corvus, Heimdall, Venom, Medusa, CMM

Tech - Sentinel, IMIW, Warlock, OGV, Mysterio

Mystic - Doom, SymSup, Longshot, Hood, Tigra, Man Thing

Nodes are so open that there are more choices in each class than the previous ones.