**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Corvus or CGR or Sabertooth?

Comments

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

BigBlueOx said:

That or I’m playing the content where you need to hit them more than 20 times on a regular basis but you are probably right

Not sure why you're so bent out of shape that people disagree. Maybe, just maybe, nobody seems to have these issues using corvus that you're so concerned about. I used him all through 7.1 exploration, all through 6.1 and 6.2 exploration and currently during 6.3 exploration. No issues at all. CGR is a great champ as well and since no suicides is the right choice here, no need to make idiotic arguments against corvus to make that point. I'll go with corvus over cgr more often than the reverse but they both have tons of value in endgame content and if you think otherwise that's a you problem.
    Yeah, end of the day it’s personal preference, managing Glaive charges with the larger healthpools just isn’t preferable for me. I’ve found CGR to be a better end game option than Corvus, which isn’t the same as saying Corvus is trash or not a better option for others. I should know better arguing on a message board where only the most extreme and least charitable version of what I write will be digested. I find Corvus to be a legit god champ but my 5th ranked cosmic. That’s not saying he bad but that’s definitely how it was received today. Either way, I’ve said more than enough. People are gonna agree or disagree and that’s cool, it’s just a messsge board, I’m gonna go back to actually playing.

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

I love the “can’t die” narrative. We will just pretend losing all that utility during the Glaive cool down doesn’t exist then

If you're skilled, you can easily play around it and his reach is extremely high.
    Skill won’t matter on biohazard or energy adoption nodes
    Excuse me? Yes it will because he CAN'T DIE.
    Cant die with an active Glaive. There fixed it for you
    Then don’t let your charges run out lol. Most of the stuff you’ll take glaive into he will be done before 20 charges. And if not, then guess what? If you don’t suck at the game, there’s something really cool you can do called intercepting. It’s pretty insane and allows you to wait out the 40-50 seconds for your charges to come back. But nah you’re right, glaive has nooooooo utility whatsoever
    Definitely should do that on Biohazard nodes in 6.4 and 7.1. Damn I wish I thought of all that.
    I have. Easily in fact. And why are you acting like Biohazard matters at all. He heals from bleeds with willpower and poisons won't kill him. Like, what the hell are you on about?
    Reading the quoted post about intercepting during cool down times instead of being self righteous might help you figure out what I’m saying
    HE DOESN'T DIE!!!! Just don't use up your charges, it's quite easy.
    Ok. I’ll bite. How do you do that with a 500k healthpool? Maybe I really am missing something
    Act 6 doesnt have those pools. Act 7 has nodes that make your damage massiver.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

zeezee57 said:

BigBlueOx said:

That or I’m playing the content where you need to hit them more than 20 times on a regular basis but you are probably right

Not sure why you're so bent out of shape that people disagree. Maybe, just maybe, nobody seems to have these issues using corvus that you're so concerned about. I used him all through 7.1 exploration, all through 6.1 and 6.2 exploration and currently during 6.3 exploration. No issues at all. CGR is a great champ as well and since no suicides is the right choice here, no need to make idiotic arguments against corvus to make that point. I'll go with corvus over cgr more often than the reverse but they both have tons of value in endgame content and if you think otherwise that's a you problem.
    Yeah, end of the day it’s personal preference, managing Glaive charges with the larger healthpools just isn’t preferable for me. I’ve found CGR to be a better end game option than Corvus, which isn’t the same as saying Corvus is trash or not a better option for others. I should know better arguing on a message board where only the most extreme and least charitable version of what I write will be digested. I find Corvus to be a legit god champ but my 5th ranked cosmic. That’s not saying he bad but that’s definitely how it was received today. Either way, I’ve said more than enough. People are gonna agree or disagree and that’s cool, it’s just a messsge board, I’m gonna go back to actually playing.

5th?! I wanna see this top 5 list for a solid laugh.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

I love the “can’t die” narrative. We will just pretend losing all that utility during the Glaive cool down doesn’t exist then

If you're skilled, you can easily play around it and his reach is extremely high.
    Skill won’t matter on biohazard or energy adoption nodes once the health pools are large enough
    Cough hir blocks cough cough
    you forgot that that requires skill 👍
    Lol what? Hitting in block doesn't really take any skill. And it will kill you on biohazard.
    Not running out of 20 charges means you will have to parry-light a lot with big health pools. Also it's boring as hell. And will take you a lot of time. Also corvus is meh without suicides. I have a r3 6*, I know what I'm talking about.
    On the other hand, cgr has true reliable immunities, ton of damage, can be used in more fights, doesn't need suicides and you have control over his buffs. Even if nullified, he can get them again later (unlike corvus).
    Also people think corvus is fast, but If you use him like MLM or ML, cgr may be faster to end a fight in terms of time, even if corvus does it in less hits.
  • Options
    @Mephisto I stand firm in the belief that Corvus is overall a better champion than CGR.

Guaranteed critical hits right out of the gate, 100% damage resistance to bleed/cold snap/shock, power drain on special 2, full armor break capability on parries... and yes, immortality.

It's all of those little things combined that make Corvus as broken as he is -

That being said, if you aren't going to be running the suicide masteries, it may be best to rank up CGR first until you're ready to unlock them eventually.
    Playing Corvus without suicides is almost like driving a Ferrari with vegetable oil instead of gasoline.

Either way, easily the two best cosmic champions in the game - and I echo what others have said about LoL, wait until you have Aegon or G2099 to go for full exploration - however, Sabretooth with the Sasquatch synergy is incredible for LoL, especially the easy path.
  • Options

@Mephisto I stand firm in the belief that Corvus is overall a better champion than CGR.

Guaranteed critical hits right out of the gate, 100% damage resistance to bleed/cold snap/shock, power drain on special 2, full armor break capability on parries... and yes, immortality.

That being said, if you aren't going to be running the suicide masteries, it may be best to rank up CGR first until you're ready to unlock them eventually.
    Playing Corvus without suicides is almost like driving a Ferrari with vegetable oil instead of gasoline.

Either way, easily the two best cosmic champions in the game - and I echo what others have said about LoL, wait until you have Aegon or G2099 to go for full exploration - however, Sabretooth with the Sasquatch synergy is incredible for LoL, especially the easy path.

Someone with brains.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

youre wrong but its ok to be wrong
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Someone with brains.
    mf !! cgr is twice the champion, let me see corvus withouht boosts and with more than 20 hits hitting 70k mediums, corvus would be mid tier if it wasn't for his awkaened ability
  • Options
    1)CGR - True Immunities, Cosmic Judgements allowing you to power lock the opponents power bar (more specials when you want and less time spent baiting), and just obscene damage without relying on boosts or suicides

2 and 3 can be swapped but it’s Hyperion and CMM poison immune tanks that do great damage and have power gain and great fury buffs. I like CMM slightly better as she can eat SP3s if awakened. But there’s also a reason Hyperion tops out as a 5star still

4) Venom, maybe I’m just too in love with this his kit but Om NomNom makes rage nodes, turtle nodes, hit me I dare you etc free healing and worry free. No need to even think about dying if you are rolling at 100%. And on max deep wounds those bleeds do alot of work... also easily accessible armor break. Tons going on and arguably the Variant King atm.

5) Corvus, letmevrefer you back to @Karatemike415 ’s very well written comment on why Corvus is great. Those charges burn out fast on me though even doing my best trying to manage light intercepts and recharging the Glaive is totally possible but let’s not pretend that he keeps all his utility without it. You can mitigate this with a smart use of boosts and suicide masteries but I count the need to do this against him which is why I put him as 5th.

I’ll end with I’m lucky enough to have each of these as R5/R2 ranked and I use all of them all of the time. Corvus does get the least play because once I reached 6.3 I found the others more valuable including when exploring 7.1. because their utility does not have a refresh period I need to manage mid fight.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Someone with brains.
    mf !! cgr is twice the champion, let me see corvus withouht boosts and with more than 20 hits hitting 70k mediums, corvus would be mid tier if it wasn't for his awkaened ability
    Dude. Damage isn't everything.
    It very often isn't even the most important thing.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

1)CGR - True Immunities, Cosmic Judgements allowing you to power lock the opponents power bar (more specials when you want and less time spent baiting), and just obscene damage without relying on boosts or suicides

2 and 3 can be swapped but it’s Hyperion and CMM poison immune tanks that do great damage and have power gain and great fury buffs. I like CMM slightly better as she can eat SP3s if awakened. But there’s also a reason Hyperion tops out as a 5star still

4) Venom, maybe I’m just too in love with this his kit but Om NomNom makes rage nodes, turtle nodes, hit me I dare you etc free healing and worry free. No need to even think about dying if you are rolling at 100%. And on max deep wounds those bleeds do alot of work... also easily accessible armor break. Tons going on and arguably the Variant King atm.

5) Corvus, letmevrefer you back to @Karatemike415 ’s very well written comment on why Corvus is great. Those charges burn out fast on me though even doing my best trying to manage light intercepts and recharging the Glaive is totally possible but let’s not pretend that he keeps all his utility without it. You can mitigate this with a smart use of boosts and suicide masteries but I count the need to do this against him which is why I put him as 5th.

I’ll end with I’m lucky enough to have each of these as R5/R2 ranked and I use all of them all of the time. Corvus does get the least play because once I reached 6.3 I found the others more valuable including when exploring 7.1. because their utility does not have a refresh period I need to manage mid fight.

That... that is a horrible list. And you're absolutely wrong. No need to elaborate.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

What about my boy Hyperion 😭
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I mean cgr is a luxurious champ where you don't need to sweat too much killing opponents. With Corvus you need to have a
    bit patience and strategize the fights while handling the charges,hitting blocks, throwing lights and using mastery setups and boosts to your favour.
  • Options
    Also KD always spits faxx.
  • Options
    Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    My profile pic says it all
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    CGR got me through 6.4 on r4 with like 2 revives for whole thing
  • Options
    Faseeh said:

Also KD always spits faxx.

His faxx include elsa 13th skill champ
    That along with apocalypse being a dud, domino being a bad champ. He has always been a being of higher astral existence.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

1)CGR

2 and 3 can be swapped but it’s Hyperion and CMM

4) Venom

5) Corvus

That... that is a horrible list. And you're absolutely wrong. No need to elaborate.
    Out of interest, "horrible" in terms of champs listed or in terms of order? If the argument is that any champ is underdeserving and interchangeable with someone else not on the list, I can see that 4 out of 5 doesn't make a horrible list.

If you're saying it's horrible because 1 and 5 need to swap, then thats only one change. "Horrible" suggests a more distasterous list.

Looking at his list, who makes it is generally correct, how you want to order them is highly subjective. In fact, with the meta of the game, the poison immunity of CMM and Hyperion is overvalued.

Agreed. You can quibble with the order but those champions are commonly thought of as the top cosmic champions. It can’t be a horrible list as most people would list those champions as among their top champions too. The only one that many people would argue against would be Venom, but thats a personal preference for a very solid champion that people don’t mention that has aged just as well as Hyperion.

It is not like he has Superior Iron Man on the list, which would make it horrible.

For OP: I don’t use suicides so I have never experienced Corvus with it. Corvus even without suicides has done a lot for my account.

There is no wrong choice between CGR and Corvus.

They both provide a good amount of utility for completing content, so I would argue its more about which one you like better (as a champion, as a playstyle, as a member of your questing team). I personally really like Silver Surfer, so my favorite team at the moment includes Surfer + CGR + Guardian.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

At this point it’s clear that if people don’t think exactly like @Etjama they are “horribly wrong” no need to elaborate.

My list is fully subjective to my account and my experience. Corvus was my first R5, I know and love his kit, but I find him unreliable after 6.2 with how I play him when compared to the other 4. Anybody still pushing for UC and Cav I’d rank him as the best to rank first even. And I think you can have an honest and respectful debate with how anybody would like to rank 1-5 on my list, I also acknowledge a champ like Cull I don’t have enough experience to give him a fair shake too.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

At this point it’s clear that if people don’t think exactly like @Etjama they are “horribly wrong” no need to elaborate.

My list is fully subjective to my account and my experience. Corvus was my first R5, I know and love his kit, but I find him unreliable after 6.2 with how I play him when compared to the other 4. Anybody still pushing for UC and Cav I’d rank him as the best to rank first even. And I think you can have an honest and respectful debate with how anybody would like to rank 1-5 on my list, I also acknowledge a champ like Cull I don’t have enough experience to give him a fair shake too.
    Don't worry, we don't dislike you for being so wrong. We just feel bad for you.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Lol

1.Hype is still the best cosmic. Theres no debate. He hits really hard and he has power gain utility no other champ has.
    2.Corvus with Suicides. He is a beast with suicides and you said “true immunities” but id much rather have pseudo immunities for willpower healing.
    2.CGR if no suicides. He has decent utility but not as high as the first 2. He has ridiculous damage though.
    3.CMM. She is a beast and has really good burst. I think she might be equal to CGR at high sig with how amazing that indestructible is.
    4.How the hell is Venom better than Corvus? That makes no sense.
    I also want a roster pic because i highly doubt this account has all of them ranked up considering no abyss no act 6 exploration.
  • Options
    Corkscrew said:

Etjama said:

BigBlueOx said:

1)CGR

2 and 3 can be swapped but it’s Hyperion and CMM

4) Venom

5) Corvus

Out of interest, "horrible" in terms of champs listed or in terms of order? If the argument is that any champ is underdeserving and interchangeable with someone else not on the list, I can see that 4 out of 5 doesn't make a horrible list.

If you're saying it's horrible because 1 and 5 need to swap, then thats only one change. "Horrible" suggests a more distasterous list.

Looking at his list, who makes it is generally correct, how you want to order them is highly subjective. In fact, with the meta of the game, the poison immunity of CMM and Hyperion is overvalued.

Its not horrible. It has the right chanps, the order just is a mess.
    1.Hype
    2.Corvus
    3.CGR
    3.CMM if duped, else 4
    5.Venom

With suicides:
    1.Corvus
    2.CMM if duped
    3.CGR unless CMM is unduped, then switch em.
    4.Hype(Rough with suicides)
    5.Maybe Venom
  • Options
    @BigBlueOx lets see a pic of your cosmic 5*/6* roster then we’ll chat. Im starting to doubt you have all of them ranked up.