**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How do you handle this node

RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Not sure what to do here.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    If you have good intercepting skills... intercept so that you don't get hit.
    Otherwise, if your intercepting isn't on point, see below (Copying and pasting from my comment in another thread).

Non intercepting options.
    1) Dex them, this often runs into the problem of getting backed against the wall, which often means you have to hit back to push them back, a full combo won't see you to the end of the shield phase, so unless you got yourself out of the corner or dex there, you're dead. If your intercept game isn't great I suspect your dexing in the corner game is probably similar.
    2) Easier option, simply parry during the shield phase. You can probably do 3 parries and then start attacking even before the shield timer expires, so that your combo carries you into the cooldown and you're safe to do parry combo style.
    3) Mix the above if you don't want to keep taking all that parry damage.

Either way, you want to maximize the time you are doing damage, so just remember you can always start attacking during the shield if your full combo or full combo plus chained special will take you into the cooldown.

Be careful of damage over time. If you have DoT on the defender during the active shield and they contact you, it will be reflected onto you.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    it’s actually pretty easy. Hitting into block is an excellent way to kill shield time
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Intercept !!
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Thanks everyone! 🙏

I thought when it said “...makes any contact” that meant hitting into blocks also!
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,074 ★★★★
    If you have torch, save him for the boss. That nova flame made it soooo easy
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    I was lucky and had Ghost.
    She gives you more leeway.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    If you aren't great at intercepting, take it slow and easy while the sheild is on.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Riptide said:

I don’t know, I am still in act 5 but from what I read I think max sig Namor would be great
    Monke said:

Just chonks it
    Nice! I didn't even know Chonks would work with his debuff shrug off.
    Faseeh said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Just chonks it
    Well I can’t say he’s the best option, but he bypasses stun immunity with his heavy spam and also he made damn near no contact at all. The damage is low as he took a whopping 120 hits, but still got it done decently
    I used r1 domino cause everyone else KO. Took off 82% in 150 hits. Not the worst
    Used Ghost without suicides. It was a one-shot but took 80 hits and Kingpin did not want to throw his sp1.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

I did it with r4 sig 34 with only 3%hp.
    For the boss fight always push him to sp 1 and hit his block and he will throw sp 1 and do not be afraid of that global node. Its very easy . Just dont take any block hit . Key is to intercept which is very easy in case of king pin. Also I advice to take him down now cuz once his buff comes live he will be more hard to kill.
    Just don't take any block hit . Dodge and intercept is all you can do and any damage dealer can do it just don't bring and bleed champ or you will die
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Riptide said:

Thanks everyone! 🙏

I thought when it said “...makes any contact” that meant hitting into blocks also!

It does, so although it will kill time and generally keep your opponent at distance so that you get more dexes in, if you make a mistake, you get the damage reflected back. The benefit of hitting into block is to push him to an sp1, which is easily evadeable and can be punished. However, if your instinct is to parry when he comes back at you, you will get hurt.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Monke said:

Monke said:

Just chonks it
    Well I can’t say he’s the best option, but he bypasses stun immunity with his heavy spam and also he made damn near no contact at all. The damage is low as he took a whopping 120 hits, but still got it done decently
    120 hits looks heavenly compared to my run, which was about 250-300 hits using omega red, hitting into block and spamming sp1, still a solo is a solo

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Hitting into blocks should also be done carefully cause if he touches you even on your block you will get damage back.
    I used domino for this fight.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    Ghost and quake cheese that. But I suppose that's pretty much everything so that's kinda terrible advice lol. I would just avoid dot personally, anyone can work just gotta make sure u don't get hit through the block or hit in general IF you have already done dmg during the shield timer. If u block and then AFTER do dmg during the shield timer the dmg won't reflect then tho, it only does reflect if the opponent were to touch your block/hit you after you were to hit them during the shield timer. Intercept, dance around while parrying attacks. Do that and it shouldn't be too bad to deal with.
  • Invicta_HellionInvicta_Hellion Posts: 220 ★★
    I wonder how the fight would look once kingpin gets buffed....