**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

One mistake and 2K 6* shards gone.

LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
I was done with legendary difficulty and then i started doing epic difficulty. Last token was remaining and by mistake opened legendary difficulty. Damn i lost chance of getting 2000 6* shards. Hard luck. Hope we can get token back after quitting this quest.

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Complete the quest. You won't get any tokens. Atleast get the rewards from that quest.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    Lordabck said:

I was done with legendary difficulty and then i started doing epic difficulty. Last token was remaining and by mistake opened legendary difficulty. Damn i lost chance of getting 2000 6* shards. Hard luck. Hope we can get token back after quitting this quest.

The samething happened to me. Accidentally tapped in the wrong quest and no more 2k 6*
  • MarvsbdMarvsbd Posts: 55
    Same here. Wish we could trade legendary tokens for epic ones. Come on Kabam, do the right thing!
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★

Complete the quest. You won't get any tokens. Atleast get the rewards from that quest.

Whats the point if i wont get anything with 4 tokens left
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

A few shards and frags. Those are still useful.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    I just made the same mistake with the Epic. Was grinding out the last 5 Epic for the 2000 shards and didn’t even realise I’d entered the Legendary by mistake. Having already done the Legendary 27 times it was such an easy mistake to make. I was horrified to put it mildly.

Didn’t know what else to do other than submit a support request and hope for the best. It’s a horrible situation as you feel completely helpless.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Aldac said:

I just made the same mistake with the Epic. Was grinding out the last 5 Epic for the 2000 shards and didn’t even realise I’d entered the Legendary by mistake. Having already done the Legendary 27 times it was such an easy mistake to make. I was horrified to put it mildly.

Didn’t know what else to do other than submit a support request and hope for the best. It’s a horrible situation as you feel completely helpless.

I did the same thing. Incredibly frustrating but what can you do. They really did not think this event through at all
    It’s a horrible situation to put players in, considering the rarity of the resources we were going after. I regret to say that Support wasn’t helpful at all, in fact the reply was quite patronising and rude. I love the game but this has left such a negative impression.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    The Nexus and Sinister Labs were worse
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

gp87 said:

Same here bro. Totally frustrating and very bad i event by kabam. We play the game for fun if we wanted maths we would play sudoku

I find the notion that this event required "maths" to be genuinely horrifying. But i guess this is why modern point of sales registers now dispense change automatically.

It is interesting to me that when players complained about the content not being fun if it required learning how to intercept, they were mostly laughed at. But people complain the content is not fun because it requires basic arithmetic, it becomes the cause celebre of the community. I never thought I would see the day when people were making videos highlighting the enormous and unfair mental burden that addition and subtraction placed upon mobile game players.
    tHe gAmE iS SuPPoSEd tO BE rELaXinG
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

gp87 said:

Same here bro. Totally frustrating and very bad i event by kabam. We play the game for fun if we wanted maths we would play sudoku

I find the notion that this event required "maths" to be genuinely horrifying. But i guess this is why modern point of sales registers now dispense change automatically.

It is interesting to me that when players complained about the content not being fun if it required learning how to intercept, they were mostly laughed at. But people complain the content is not fun because it requires basic arithmetic, it becomes the cause celebre of the community. I never thought I would see the day when people were making videos highlighting the enormous and unfair mental burden that addition and subtraction placed upon mobile game players.
    The worst part is the fact that all they had to do for the t5cc is spend all the tokens in Mutant Legendary. No math required. Getting extra takes basic math.
    edited February 2021
    The math wasn’t the issue for me, although I think the event was far more complicated than it needed to be, at least superficially.

I knew exactly what I needed to do and how many times to do it. The issue was that one slip up- clicking on the wrong difficulty while playing the game in automatic pilot- meant that I lost 2000 6-star shards, which are more plentiful these days but remain a valuable and hard-to-obtain resource. It was far too unforgiving and punishing and it has left me with a really negative impression of the whole event.

I think it would have been much more pro-player to send all summoners a few extra tokens in the mail to allow for such mistakes.
    DNA3000 said:

Aldac said:

The math wasn’t the issue for me, although I think the event was far more complicated than it needed to be, at least superficially.

I knew exactly what I needed to do and how many times to do it. The issue was that one slip up- clicking on the wrong difficulty while playing the game in automatic pilot- meant that I lost 2000 6-star shards, which are more plentiful these days but remain a valuable and hard-to-obtain resource. It was far too unforgiving and punishing and it has left me with a really negative impression of the whole event.

I think it would have been much more pro-player to send all summoners a few extra tokens in the mail to allow for such mistakes.

Whenever they do, players complain that they can't earn rewards with the extra tokens.

Players were handed 32 tokens. If all you wanted to do was punch out your two reward cards for a specific difficulty, that could be done with 15 runs in the first two weeks and 15 in the second two weeks, with two tokens left over, doing the easy (shorter) arcardes. Or you could do 20 total runs in the longer arcade, with 12 tokens left over. There were plenty of extra tokens to fill the reward cards.

I think you’re a valuable member of the community @DNA3000 and make important posts on here, but I really don’t think it’s necessary to patronise people about this. You stated that you were horrified people were complaining about math- I’m equally insulted by the unrequested math lesson to be honest.

As I said in my post, I knew exactly what I needed to do and how many times to do it. I simply made a mistake by entering the wrong difficulty one time. I knew I’d made the mistake immediately and was horrified. It seems that numerous people made the same error.

I certainly don’t feel that I deserve every reward available but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feel upset about losing a valuable reward due to a minor silly mistake. I was upset at the fact there was absolutely no margin for error with this event, which seems overly punishing for a side quest.
  • Aldac said:

I certainly don’t feel that I deserve every reward available but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feel upset about losing a valuable reward due to a minor silly mistake. I was upset at the fact there was absolutely no margin for error with this event, which seems overly punishing for a side quest.

As I said, there was large margin for error, if you don't feel you deserve every reward possible. Only if you feel you deserve the maximum possible rewards can you believe there was no margin for error.

The maximum possible rewards were two legendary cards, one cavalier objective, and half of one epic card. Anything less than the absolute maximum possible rewards had multiple paths to get them, and extra tokens available.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Aldac said:

As I said, there was large margin for error, if you don't feel you deserve every reward possible. Only if you feel you deserve the maximum possible rewards can you believe there was no margin for error.

The maximum possible rewards were two legendary cards, one cavalier objective, and half of one epic card. Anything less than the absolute maximum possible rewards had multiple paths to get them, and extra tokens available.
    To be fair everybody who can, goes into a given quest to gain the maximum possible rewards, or at least the most highly valued ones. For them there was no margin of error, given their goal.

I can sympathize with those who with one accidental click went into the wrong quest and so missed out on either the 2K 6* shards or t5cc crystal.

Those who did every arcade once at several difficulty levels before reading the "rules" - well that's different
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Well of course we can sympathize, but the Quest was designed with a margin of error for the Rewards in the selected Difficulty, but it wasn't really designed to claim both. That much was a choice, and it left little room.
  • Bugmat78 said:

To be fair everybody who can, goes into a given quest to gain the maximum possible rewards, or at least the most highly valued ones. For them there was no margin of error, given their goal.

This was a reply to someone who said they didn't think they deserved the maximum rewards, but felt the event had zero margin for error. If you don't feel you deserve the maximum rewards, the event did not have zero margin for error.

If you were attempting to get the maximum possible rewards, there was zero margin for error. But that's synonymous with saying that the game will reward optimal play. Should it not? What do you tell players who ask what they are supposed to do with their left over tokens? And for that matter, if you give players two extra tokens just in case they make a mistake or two, what do you tell the players who demand three more tokens so they can make good use of their two "extra" tokens?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Bugmat78 said:

This was a reply to someone who said they didn't think they deserved the maximum rewards, but felt the event had zero margin for error. If you don't feel you deserve the maximum rewards, the event did not have zero margin for error.

If you were attempting to get the maximum possible rewards, there was zero margin for error. But that's synonymous with saying that the game will reward optimal play. Should it not? What do you tell players who ask what they are supposed to do with their left over tokens? And for that matter, if you give players two extra tokens just in case they make a mistake or two, what do you tell the players who demand three more tokens so they can make good use of their two "extra" tokens?
    I'm not saying to give anyone extra tokens, but I am sympathetic to their plight - optimal play is always the aim, but not always possible, and sometimes the house is stacked against you meaning any error sees you falling short. I think this is how some people who jumped once into the wrong quest may feel.

Those who have left over tokens most likely got what they aimed for, or got all they deemed was worth the effort.
    DNA3000 said:

Bugmat78 said:

By “deserve maximum rewards” I was referring, literally, to every reward available as well as the shards, such as the Awakening Gem and Legendary Crystal. I was under no illusion that those would be obtainable and didn’t expect extra tokens to receive them. At the outset of the event everyone had to make a decision on what to go for. I was expecting to be able to obtain a certain number of shards and a 10% T5CC with the number of tokens I had available.

I really don’t understand why you seem intent on making people feel greedy for trying to obtain the maximum possible rewards available to them given the limitations, and completely discount the possibility that we may feel unhappy to lose those rewards due to a comparatively minor mistake.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    The reason why people find it stressful is cause they want to min/max the rewards.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I accidentally clicked on epic 6 times and realized I missed the 10%t5cc. Got over it and did epic 5 more times for the 5 star AG. No big deal. We don't need to stress so much.

GagoH said:

A few shards and frags. Those are still useful.
    What is it like 25 6* shards per run lol? Not worth the hassle
    Pulyaman said:

I accidentally clicked on epic 6 times and realized I missed the 10%t5cc. Got over it and did epic 5 more times for the 5 star AG. No big deal. We don't need to stress so much.

A side quest shouldnt be punishing it should be fun. I read, did research and knew of the 27 /5 method before i did a single run, its not that I didn’t know , it was an unintentional mistake as i ended up doing a run in heroic...