**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stryfe team for abyss

GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
Hey guys, so just for fun, imagine you don't have a duped aegon but you actually have stryfe and you say, well I might as well give abyss a try, what team would be the best setup for him?

I was thinking:

Stryfe
Apocalypse
Cable
Prof X
Human Torch.

I think a mystic would become unnecesary since stryfe seems to be able of dealing with all cosmic champs just fine, on the other hand human torch remains the best option for mephisto and other champs.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Depends on the path, Cable doesn't seem to be necessary. Get Apoc's 4 charges of the first mutant on the path., 3 revives at most (Ramped up Apoc and turning Stryfe into a horseman)
  • Options
    Il_CuocoIl_Cuoco Posts: 17
    I am that guy lol - got 5* stryfe, don't have aegon and just did my first run. Used that team but with doom instead of prof x. Apoc actually handles mephisto pretty easily, I actually was more in need of a crit champ for howard. Cable was useful a few times and gives stryfe the 5 charges to start which helped on the collector, but that's the spot I would replace. Stryfe can do medusa and champion but it gets a little messy and it would make hyp, vtd and cull unnecessarily difficult.
  • Options
    Il_Cuoco said:

I am that guy lol - got 5* stryfe, don't have aegon and just did my first run. Used that team but with doom instead of prof x. Apoc actually handles mephisto pretty easily, I actually was more in need of a crit champ for howard. Cable was useful a few times and gives stryfe the 5 charges to start which helped on the collector, but that's the spot I would replace. Stryfe can do medusa and champion but it gets a little messy and it would make hyp, vtd and cull unnecessarily difficult.

Amazing, how much did you spend?

I did my first run a few months ago and I'm preparing to explore, that's why I'm considering a team that makes me save the most resources.
  • Options
    Il_CuocoIl_Cuoco Posts: 17
    3500ish plus whatever I had on hand - most on just a couple fights (and even those were mostly avoidable problems except for the collector). Not sure I'll ever clear it, but was pleased to get a run done.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I was just thinking about this yesterday. I know the orthodox way of doing it was to bring the Horsemen plus a synergy champ and it works efficiently. But I want to do it differently, I'll wait for Stryfe in the next Featured before I do my first run.

Stryfe (the real Horseman)
    Apocalypse
    Professor X
    Void (or Torch)
    Doctor Doom

I am thinking of swapping the Science option for Magneto (House of X) since Apoc can handle Mephisto, Doom for Mordo, and Loki is a straightforward fight. I don't know about Joe Fixit though. I can't swap the Mystic option because there's a lot of annoying Cosmic fights. Prof. X can do well against IW and a few more fights.

I just need to know if Magneto (House of X) is really necessary for the Collector when using Stryfe.
  • Options
    IceBroㅤIceBroㅤ Posts: 14
    Maybe Magneto instead of Torch for some paths? Definitely seems like the most efficient abyss team to me. I have seen so many Prof X solo videos in the abyss... he's no joke.
  • Options
    I'm actually thinking that this team could be way more efficient than just trusting on aegon.

I guess we'll know when any of us actually decide to do it xD