**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anybody mind taking a few minutes to teach me the ways of BWCV?

SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
As the title says, I could use some help learning Black Widow Clair Voyant. She is an unawakened 5* at Rank 4. I know she's good, but I feel like I'm playing her wrong. I don't run suicides and I never will. I'm trying to push for Cav if that helps. If anybody could help me out, or link a guide that would be amazing. I couldn't find a guide on the forums but maybe I'm just blind. Cause I have been known to be blind.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    didn’t king Leo make a Claire guide lol

edit: he’s been muted (and banned) so I don’t think it’d be easy to find. Don’t know if it was good either
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Without suicides, her damage is above averge only. With suicides is where her juicy, consistent damage comes from. Use the hellfire curse for damage, bleed curse for regen.
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    She's pretty great without suicides. You just have to cycle through her curses depending on the situation. The blood curse which is what you start on makes you bleed immune and you inflict bleed debuffs on opponents. When you use your SP2 with this curse you regen health. The second curse that you can switch to by ending your 5 hit combo with a light attack makes you poison immune and inflict poison debuffs. When you use your SP2 with this curse you steal power from your opponent. Then on the final hellfire curse you are immune to incinerate and inflict incinerate debuffs. Using your SP2 you deal a lot of extra damage on the opponent.

I typically go straight to the third curse to get the extra damage on the SP2 and if I need to regen health I'll stay on the first curse. This is just a BWCV guide for dummies as there is a lot of other ways you can play her. It just depends on the opponent and nodes your working with.
  • Options
    Paper_TissuePaper_Tissue Posts: 38
    She has 3 curses which work like modes. Only 1 can be active at a time. You can cycle through each Curse in order (Blood, Poison and Hellfire) by doing 4 Light attacks in a combo. Each Curse has different effects on her sp2 : Blood will regen a percentage of the dmg done, Poison will drain a bit of power and Hellfire does a burst of energy dmg. She's also immune to the effects of whichever Curse she has active at the moment.

Furthermore, her sp1 and her second Medium in a combo will try to inflict a debuff of her current Curse on the opponent, and a Heavy attack tries to inflict 3 debuffs. If the opponent is immune to the debuff, she gains power from trying to apply it. That's an awesome way to throw a lot of sp2. Her Sp2 also puts a Buff Immunity debuff on the opponent, which means if the opponent tries to trigger a buff, she'll also gain extra power.

There's a bit more twist and turns, but I hope that helps a bit to understand her. Pulled her back in December, took her straight to R5, and she's amazing. Act 6, Act 7, Variant 5, EQ... She's a Jack of trades.

And if you're going for Cav, she's a solid option for that Crossbones in 6.1.5, you can get rid of the Poison on you by just ending your first combo on a 4th Light attack and activating her Curse of Poison.
  • Options
    Soulreaver42Soulreaver42 Posts: 46
    Claire is very simple. If you want damage, switch to curse of hellfire and spam Sp2. If you want regen, stay in curse of blood and Sp2 spam. If you want power control, switch to curse of plague and Sp2 spam. If you need an immunity to bleed, poison, or incinerate, switch to the corresponding curse and Sp2 spam. If you don't need any of these things in particular, then see if your opponent has immunity to either bleed, poison, or incinerate. If they do, switch to the corresponding curse and either go for parry heavy MLLLM to gain power.

Now, let's say more than one of these is true. For example, let's say you are fighting a bleed immune enemy, but you need power control. In that case, go for MLLLM in curse of blood until you're close to an Sp2, then switch to curse of plague and use Sp2. This way you will generate power for an Sp2 faster as you gain power every time the enemy is immune to any of Claire's debuffs.

Claire is also great if you need to get rid of enemy buffs as she inflicts buff immunity on her Sp2, getting rid of all their buffs and granting you power for each one. For each buff that you get rid of in this way, you gain a Clairvoyance Charge which can be used to nullify a buff when buff immunity is not active. You also gain a Clairvoyance Charge each time the enemy is immune to one of your debuffs.

Side note: Claire is perfect for the stun immune node as each time you parry, you gain power as parry inflicts a debuff that the enemy is immune to. For stun immune enemies, I just use Claire, reparry like a madman, and spam Sp2. Works great.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Also, against heavily buffed matchups, she dominates with her sp2 buff immunity. All the opponents current buffs are counted, so they are removed and BWCV get's a ton of power. Sometimes instantly to an sp3. Her sp3 also hits quite hard with 20 charges.
  • Options
    SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    Ok so I was playing her right. Just felt like I was missing something. It's because I was staying in bleed curse phase every sp2. Thanks guys!