**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Colossus is a top 5 champ, or better, in the game! Change my mind.

124»

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Glazil said:

Mauled said:

A fully synergised Colossus is a monster.

Comparing him to Omega is comparing apples to oranges, they’re both totally different champions. Colossus has far better damage output, certainly over a longer period of time, OR is more sustainable but requires suicides to be even close to Colossus. There are parts of the game where OR’s death field/spores are almost an essential but I’m sitting with both at sig200 and I used Colossus far more than my OR.
    With the release of Prof X and Apoc I think Colossus gains a bit more, though I haven’t experimented overmuch.

Would I classify Colossus as a top 5 champ? Probably not, I’d put him in the top 10 though, and on balance I’d put him ahead of Omega too.

Colossus and Omega are great champs used for different things. You bring omega for bleed/poison nodes or nodes with passive direct damage or even Masochism. Colossus on the other hand you bring for evade matchups where they can be stunned, bleed/incinerate/coldsnap nodes, or if you just want a tanky, sustainable champ on your team. Omega's sustainability is nice and all but who's honestly throwing an sp1 or sp3 and sacrificing all your built dmg to get health?
    It helps when you get clipped or something and plus, people are overestimating how long it takes to get back up to atleast 10 spores especially with ST synergy. Plus, most people use it to siphon of health towards the end of the fight anyways. Also just an honest question, how do you use Colossus for evade matchups? I have a 5/65 Colossus and I never knew he could be used for it.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Glazil said:

Mauled said:

Comparing him to Omega is comparing apples to oranges, they’re both totally different champions. Colossus has far better damage output, certainly over a longer period of time, OR is more sustainable but requires suicides to be even close to Colossus. There are parts of the game where OR’s death field/spores are almost an essential but I’m sitting with both at sig200 and I used Colossus far more than my OR.
    With the release of Prof X and Apoc I think Colossus gains a bit more, though I haven’t experimented overmuch.

Would I classify Colossus as a top 5 champ? Probably not, I’d put him in the top 10 though, and on balance I’d put him ahead of Omega too.

Colossus and Omega are great champs used for different things. You bring omega for bleed/poison nodes or nodes with passive direct damage or even Masochism. Colossus on the other hand you bring for evade matchups where they can be stunned, bleed/incinerate/coldsnap nodes, or if you just want a tanky, sustainable champ on your team. Omega's sustainability is nice and all but who's honestly throwing an sp1 or sp3 and sacrificing all your built dmg to get health?
    It helps when you get clipped or something and plus, people are overestimating how long it takes to get back up to atleast 10 spores especially with ST synergy. Plus, most people use it to siphon of health towards the end of the fight anyways. Also just an honest question, how do you use Colossus for evade matchups? I have a 5/65 Colossus and I never knew he could be used for it.
    Stunnable evade matchups. Which is the most stupid thing I've ever heard since literally every champ in the game works for stunnable evade champs. What they mean is that he doesn't lose damage against stunnable evaders, but that can still be said for every single parry heavy champ int he game or champs like Hit Monkey.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Glazil said:

Mauled said:

Stunnable evade matchups. Which is the most stupid thing I've ever heard since literally every champ in the game works for stunnable evade champs. What they mean is that he doesn't lose damage against stunnable evaders, but that can still be said for every single parry heavy champ int he game or champs like Hit Monkey.
    Oh. I thought he had some silent stun on heavies or something.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Crazy that a thread on top champs only has a single mention of corvus and so many people under rating omega. Colossus is an awesome champ but omega gets around soooo much stuff that could otherwise be a pain in the rear.

Not too surprising with Omega when you realize that they have been giving his unique abilities out to lots of champs. 90% bleed resistance for Mags, Gambit non-contact hits, degen for Apoc, etc
  • Options
    ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    I'd say close but not quite. Maybe if you only look at 6 stars (this removes Quake)

I think clear cut top 2 (assuming no Quake) are
    Ghost
    Doom

Behind these 2 there's a ton of champs who can argue to be in the other 3 spots
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Colossus without OR is a cheap , bootleg version of beardo. Both have immunities/shrug and tanky/sustainable but beardo has much more utility. Best way to think about it. The release of mags and champs like AA showed how overexaggerated Colossus’s utility is
  • Options
    GagoH said:

Colossus without OR is a cheap , bootleg version of beardo. Both have immunities/shrug and tanky/sustainable but beardo has much more utility. Best way to think about it. The release of mags and champs like AA showed how overexaggerated Colossus’s utility is

You do realize beardo needs other champs on the team to get his bigger part of utility.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

GagoH said:

You do realize beardo needs other champs on the team to get his bigger part of utility.
    Notn specific synergies though. Is it really too much to ask to have a class type on your team?
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

H3t3r said:

GagoH said:

Notn specific synergies though. Is it really too much to ask to have a class type on your team?
    It is a problem sometimes though.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 740 ★★★★
    He isn't. There, mind changed.
    Lol, he aint even top20 i think.
  • Options
    ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    Gotta love such posts since most of the time, OP got only 1 champ at 5/65
    of the class, while arguing with other players like me who got 3 mutants at 5/65, around 4 at 4/55
    and 4 mutants at 6-star rank1/25 so I can comparison them.
    Guess who I kept at Rank 1 five-star duped till this day? Colossus .
    Why ?
    Not because he lacks something...
    Beucase hes boring, bulky just like Sentinel.
    Once I ranked my Professor X, my Mutant Champions now Heal Up 5-15% passive
    per fight and im a suicide mastery runner.
    I won't even start talking about the 100% SP Damage that benefited HUGELY my both Magneto's
    Emma Frost, Cable & Sunspot.
    Also having 5/65 dup sig 200 Omega Red...
    -
    For me ?
    Magneto Red is No.1
    Apocalypse No.2
    Omega Red No.3
    Professor X No.4
    Archangel No.5
    ------------------------------
    PS:
    Don't know if you have checked but more than 35% of the in-game Champions are #Metal
    including some of the toughest like:
    Doom, Annihilus, IMIW, Dragonman, Kang, Warlock, MODOK, Rag Thor, SSPidey, Apocalypse,
    Stryfe, Wolverines, CGR, Corvus, NOVA, MOJO, Morningstar...
    The list is long...

• Options

Etjama said:

H3t3r said:

GagoH said:

Bringing any skill champ is less of a problem than bringing specific champs
    It is a problem nonetheless.
  • Options

Etjama said:

H3t3r said:

GagoH said:

Bringing any skill champ is less of a problem than bringing specific champs
    It is a problem nonetheless.
    Cap IW> col
    Not talking about that. Just in general. I know that cap is better than colossus.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Mazra said:

Super damage quickly, great utility, super tanky. Can be played multiple ways. Better than Elsa.

No need to change your mind when its correct
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Etjama said:

My god, people in here actually believe Colossus is better than OR? And that he is only used to bypass passive damage? As if that's not enough anyways!? My faith in this community plummets more and more every day. Omega is leagues above Colossus. Colossus has immunities, armor up, and he hits hard. Yeah, that's great. But it's not enough to make him a top 5 champ or even a top 10 champ.

Compared to omega who has
    -whip thing(no passive damage back)
    -spores
    -degen

Right? They both have high DPS and utility. Omega's better for shorter fights and Colossus is better for longer fights. I don't think omega is "leagues above" colossus. They are very close, and considering Omega requires suicides to be able to close fights quicker, in terms of usage, Colossus probably gets much more.

Colossus also benefits more than Omega from Apocalypse and Proff. X since his unuque method of special attack damage is not prowess. I'm pretty sure prowess multiplies it. Horseman Colossus is so incredibly powerful because his main sourse of damage is further amplified. With the proffessor he's even nuttier. He gets poison resistance and even more damage. Because Colossus has more orthodox mechanics than Omega Red, sometimes Omega is more useful, but sometimes Colossus gets more benefits, as its easier to amplify his damage. Also him being a more prominant character in X-men allows him to have a multitude of synergies he surely doesn't need, but can employ for more and more and more stuff he can do.

I think in MCOC, there are no longer "top X champs in the game" rather top X champs in a class. In such a ranking, Colossus and Omega Red would be top in mutant, depending on your setup. Also they're great partners! Don't diss colossus to praise Omega. Praise colossus to praise omega! They're both top of the top, creme de la cremen, who go well together!
  • Options
    avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★

Quake, Ghost, Nick, Ægon, Omega, Magneto, Doom, Claire, Hyperion, CGR, and CMM are all better than Colossus.

Change my mind

I'll take down CMM from that list because she really needs the Nick Fury synergy for her charges to be sustainable like Colossus needs Omega Red.

He has great damage,but not the utility that takes to be top 5.

No Utility?
    Lol. You're not even Cav.

I used Colossus for my Act 6 completion a lot but not as much as Doom and Quake. He also is the one I used against the Grandmaster because it was easy to trigger all the prompts with him. I just popped suicides so he gets used less but when I need him, he does what he does best.

Bleed immune for Biohazard, Caltrops, and a lot of bleed champs. When awakened, additional armors for additional damage.
    Incinerate and Coldsnap immune for Freezer Burn, Backblast, Aarkus, Ice Phoenix, and Iceman etc.
    Indefinite Exhaustion from SP3 that will make him more tanky than he already is. This one is good for a Labyrinth run or long fights.
    You can use him in Buffed Up.
    Yellow numbers? Check.

Is he Top 5? Nah, I don't think so. But he's definitely a top option. A lot of people just don't like him because of his boring playstyle.
    When did I say that he doesn't have utility, I said he doesn't have the utility to be top 5, plz read comments carefully before arguing,does he have better utility than quake,ghost,doom,Nick,or warlock?..No, he's really good and top 15 in the game imo, but not top 5.Also,If I'm not cav,that doesn't matter,I'm on 6.1.3, and I'm playing this game from 2 years, it's just bcoz I only get 10 mins in a day to play the game.