**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Glory crystal and greater glory crystals...

Hello :) just wanted to say that mathematically it doesn't make sense that u get 3600 tier 4 shards with a glory crystal...and only 7200 for a greater glory crystal. Ive only bought 1 greater crystal by mistake, becus i realized that instead of spending 1500 for a greater crystal and get 7200 tier 4 shards, i could have bought 2 regular glory crystals for only 1250 (becus the price goes up once u purchase 1 crystal at 500, i think it goes up to 750). Even with the increase its still better to buy 2 regular crystals and save and save 250 to get the exact same 7200 from a greater crystal for 1500. Shouldnt it be at least 3 times the amount of tier 4 shards for a greater glory crystal? Just sayin'....p.s. it u guys end up fixing it...any chance i can get those remaining 250 tier 4 shards?? Thanx. :)

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It was made like that so people could risk and get exactly the class they want to
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The most efficient spending plan is to buy 3 (or 2) glories, then one Greater glory, and if you have more glory leftover, wait
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    @stak math doesn't work that way if you buy 2 crystals you have 2 with a 1 in 6 chance to get what you want. You're math would imply that if I got 2 let's say 1in 2 chance at said item I have a 100% chance to get it.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    @stak math doesn't work that way if you buy 2 crystals you have 2 with a 1 in 6 chance to get what you want. You're math would imply that if I got 2 let's say 1in 2 chance at said item I have a 100% chance to get it.

No. If you need 7200 tech shards for example, you have a 1/6 chance of getting them with a greater glory and a 1/36 chance with 2 regular glory crystals.
  • Options
    Lets say you need mystic t4cc shards, if you buy 1 greater glory crystal, you get 1/6 probability to get 7,200 mystic shards straight up. If you buy 2 glory crystals instead, you have 2 tries (at 1/6 probability each) to get 3,600 mystic shards but the probability of you landing both mystics (or 7,200 mystic shards) in 2 tries is 1/36.
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    danielmath wrote: »

No. If you need 7200 tech shards for example, you have a 1/6 chance of getting them with a greater glory and a 1/36 chance with 2 regular glory crystals.

U mean.. 2/36
  • Options
    Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    Crusher wrote: »
    U mean.. 2/36

No. 1/36 is right.

Each Glory gives you 3600 shards from one of six different classes. Two Glory give you 36 different combinations, but only one combination gives you the 7200 shards of the class that you want.
  • Options
    I disagree entirely if I needed let's say mystic I got a 1 and 6 chance if I buy a second that one has a 1 in 6 chance. Neither have any outcome on the other. You got a 1 and a million chance to win the lottery so if I buy 2 tickets my odds drop with that logic. If I buy 1 million tickets with this logic I have effectively removed any chance of winning following this. @danielmath
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    I disagree entirely if I needed let's say mystic I got a 1 and 6 chance if I buy a second that one has a 1 in 6 chance. Neither have any outcome on the other. You got a 1 and a million chance to win the lottery so if I buy 2 tickets my odds drop with that logic. If I buy 1 million tickets with this logic I have effectively removed any chance of winning following this. @danielmath

???????
  • Options
    I'm reminded of happy Gilmore
  • Options
    LOL I love reading some of your comments on math XD

Stick to MCoC
  • Options
    HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    This should settle this discussion for you all, since some of you obviously need to go back to school

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/precalculus/prob-comb/independent-events-precalc/v/events-and-outcomes-2
  • Options
    I can disagree because odds for each one is always the same each crystal is always 1 and 6. Another doesn't add to it or detract from it. You can skew maths however you like but odds are odds. My odds are always the same with each crystal purchased you are truly starting a debate between odds vs probability. @danielmath

As for simple maths and they are always correct and can't be skewed fun example nothing to do with context. 3 people all pitch in to buy a 21 dollar hotel room. After wards the hotel decides they over paid by 5 dollars. The bellhop takes the money up and they all keep 1 dollar and let the bellhop keep the other 2. So all paid 6 bucks times 3 people equals 18 dollars plus 2 dollar tip to bellhop equals 20 dollars. Where did the dollar go.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I can disagree because odds for each one is always the same each crystal is always 1 and 6. Another doesn't add to it or detract from it. You can skew maths however you like but odds are odds. My odds are always the same with each crystal purchased you are truly starting a debate between odds vs probability. @danielmath

The odds per crystal is the same, but you are talking about combinations.

For a Glory crystal, the odds of getting 3600 shards for a particular class is 1/6. If you buy 2 Glory crystals, your combination becomes

1-1 1-2 1-3 1-4 1-5 1-6
    2-1 2-2 2-3 2-4 2-5 2-6
    3-1 3-2 3-3 3-4 3-5 3-6
    4-1 4-2 4-3 4-4 4-5 4-6
    5-1 5-2 5-3 5-4 5-5 5-6
    6-1 6-2 6-3 6-4 6-5 6-6

where 1=3600 shards of Cosmic, 2=3600 shards of Mutant, 3=3600 shards of Mystic, 4=3600 shards of Science, 5=3600 shards of Skill and 6=3600 shards of Tech.

There are 36 different combinations, but only six combinations (1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5 and 6-6) gives you 7200 shards of the same class, regardless of class. So if you are saying that you don’t care which class, but you only interested in 7200 shards of any class, then the odds are 6/36 = 1/6. But if you only interest in only 7200 shards of only one class, then only one combination out of 36 gives you that.

For a Greater Glory crystal, the odds of getting 7200 shards for a particular class is 1/6 i.e.

1’ 2’ 3’ 4’ 5’ 6’

where 1’=7200 shards of Cosmic, 2’=7200 shards of Mutant, 3’=7200 shards of Mystic, 4’=7200 shards of Science, 5’=7200 shards of Skill and 6’=7200 shards of Tech.

So if you are interested in 7200 shards of any class, then the odds are 6/6 = 1 (or 100%). But if you are interested in 7200 shards of only one class, then only one combination out of 6 gives you that.
  • Options
    It isn't worth it. His counter argument to real math was to share a riddle using fake math
  • Options
    My argument is odds are 1 out of 6 for each one. If I opened 100 glory crystals my odds are 1 in 6 for each one being let's say mystic. Same odds for 50 greater glory. Probably of landing on mystic is far greater with 100 cracks as compared to 50 cracks. You are gambling with less chances for hopefully more mystic.
  • Options
    My argument is odds are 1 out of 6 for each one. If I opened 100 glory crystals my odds are 1 in 6 for each one being let's say mystic. Same odds for 50 greater glory. Probably of landing on mystic is far greater with 100 cracks as compared to 50 cracks. You are gambling with less chances for hopefully more mystic.

Of course. But this is like saying that you are more likely to win in Roulette if you bet on red/black/odd/even compared to betting on a single number. However the payout for red/black/odd/even is 1 to 1, but the payout for single number is 35 to 1.
  • Options
    Difference being in roulette I didn't pay more for that single number the pay out is double not 45 to 1. which in turn saved glory in this case so I can buy more spins and walk away with more frags than the greater glory.
  • Options
    supergokusupergoku Posts: 41
    can we just move on
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It seems as though basic math isn not Kabam's strong point.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Difference being in roulette I didn't pay more for that single number the pay out is double not 45 to 1. which in turn saved glory in this case so I can buy more spins and walk away with more frags than the greater glory.

Are you saying that if i want 7200 mystic shards, and ONLY mystic shards, the chances that i get my 7200 shards are the same whether i open 1 greater glory or 2 regular glory?
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    It seems as though basic math isn not Kabam's strong point.

I argue the opposite, and kabams math is actually sound.

You are litterally comparing 1/6 chance (paying more glory for it) versus 1/36 chance

For those of you still having trouble this is a far more simple example:

Using two sided-coin containing outcomes of heads or tails:

a) would you rather flip one coin, which you only need heads once
    b) flip two coins, which you would need both to land on heads.

Obvious answer is flip the one coin, it is this simple do not over think it. Law of independence of events (gambler's fallacy) is considering something irrelevant to the actual issue in consideration.
  • Options
    @danielmath what I'm saying is over the course of time if you only want mystic your odds of getting mystic is greater with the ton more glory crystals you will open as compared to the greater glory crystal. And as an added bonus you used less glory so you can buy other things or occasionally get the third crystal. Because over the year let's say you got 25 greater that is 37500 glory but 50 regular is 31250. And I have the greatest potential of landing on mystic with more chances. All buying greater does is let's you spend more resources so you can gamble for instant gratification where over the course you got nothing better and spent more for it.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    @danielmath what I'm saying is over the course of time if you only want mystic your odds of getting mystic is greater with the ton more glory crystals you will open as compared to the greater glory crystal. And as an added bonus you used less glory so you can buy other things or occasionally get the third crystal. Because over the year let's say you got 25 greater that is 37500 glory but 50 regular is 31250. And I have the greatest potential of landing on mystic with more chances. All buying greater does is let's you spend more resources so you can gamble for instant gratification where over the course you got nothing better and spent more for it.

Regression to the mean would take a lot more observations (pulls) when you have 6 different outcomes... Like we are talking in the 100s at least.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @vinniegainz but you are looking at a 1 and 2 shot with the coin. Replace that with a 6 sided die. Would you rather 1 roll with a 5 out of 6 chance to fail or 2 rolls. Knowing that you will spend more for that 1 roll and over the course of time you will end up in the exact same position.