**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Immortal Abom Lionheart Broken Interaction Path 1 AW

Comments

• A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    Guess all top tier alliances will now adapt this tactic after seeing this post! Yay! 😅
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    A l p h a said:

Guess all top tier alliances will now adapt this tactic after seeing this post! Yay! 😅

Let em, if you can parry 5 times with warlock before you start using heavies while letting abom power drain himself you’ll never see a degen after the start of the fight. And honestly if you don’t know how to control a fight with warlock you prolly aren’t in a tier where the node combo would be a problem.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    tafre said:

A l p h a said:

Let em, if you can parry 5 times with warlock before you start using heavies while letting abom power drain himself you’ll never see a degen after the start of the fight. And honestly if you don’t know how to control a fight with warlock you prolly aren’t in a tier where the node combo would be a problem.
    So you're saying Warlock can kill ibom in less than 10 hits?
    I think the whole point that you start the fight taking dmg no matter what just flies over folks heads lol like its ok for kabam to do that....
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    tafre said:

Any reason Sig 200 Namor would not work even better than the listed options

Not poison immune. Does not counter buffet. You need to be hitting him all the time to reflect all damage and while doing that even more degen and poisons will trigger. If he turtles up you would die in an heartbeat.
    Well he doesn't trigger any buffs on his own and you can safely dodge his sp1 without triggering dexterity. I'd imagine it wouldn't even matter once you got into his Imperius Rex cycle. Turtling up doesn't stop his sig ability from reflecting damage, you can smack his block.

I get that its not a guaranteed solution but this is higher tier war - if there's a node combination that's finally getting kills than I personally wouldn't change it so long as counters do exist.
    tafre said:

A l p h a said:

10 basic hits, 100%.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

tafre said:

A l p h a said:

10 basic hits, 100%.
    You mean letting the degen do the work I am assuming? So only if Warlock is duped is it actually possible. I solod the fight with Sentinel today but it wasn't super pretty. Probably should have quaked it but I wanted to try r3 Sentinel for fun.
    Werewrym said:

tafre said:

A l p h a said:

10 basic hits, 100%.
    You mean letting the degen do the work I am assuming? So only if Warlock is duped is it actually possible. I solod the fight with Sentinel today but it wasn't super pretty. Probably should have quaked it but I wanted to try r3 Sentinel for fun.
    Nope
    tafre said:

Werewrym said:

tafre said:

A l p h a said:

10 basic hits, 100%.
    Nope
    R3 suicides with boosts, parry heavy only could work. You'd need like 15-20k damage per hit on average depending on the rank of ibom. Possible? Sure.

Not the point of the thread though. It is the unavoidable degen BS. Its like the time we had Iceman with 0 coldnsnap immune champs lol. Forces the use of potions. That is the issue. There should be a work around, it's completely anti-player if there is unavoidable damage anywhere let alone AW. It can be countered, at the cost of items. Great design, I doubt they actually thought about it when ibom's mechanics were developed.

Possible fix: Make ibom's self poisons so that it does not alter regen rate. He already has 50% less heal reduction on them (poisons) in his base kit. Make it 0% healing reduction on self poisons, make his normal regen rate 50% like Kingpin and DDHK, to make the champ balanced in terms of healing voila problem solved.
    First of all the degen is present wether its abom or someone with suicides on. How is start of fight degen on that node an issue now instead of all along? I’ve seen the strategy on a few occasions when I took that path prior to abom.

You, can use your special 2...

Unavoidable damage like we’ve had since act 4?

You don’t need to use potions you choose to use potions.

Nice narrative, completely missed the mark though as high tier war war is all about item use and bringing the best counters to problematic fights.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    iBom on the ebb and flow intercept and redoubled determination node is also broken. If he gets more than 4(?) poisons on him, he takes no damage.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Warlock
    You should read abom’s abilities, basic hits...

Again, unavoidable damage is part of the game you Love and has been present for years. It’s a ticking clock mechanic that adds strategy and style components to a fight.

You can use pots during a fight?

Your fix is no fix, and it isn’t broken in the first place, that’s what the false narrative addresses.
    tafre said:

You should read abom’s abilities, basic hits...

Again, unavoidable damage is part of the game you Love and has been present for years. It’s a ticking clock mechanic that adds strategy and style components to a fight.

You can use pots during a fight?

Your fix is no fix, and it isn’t broken in the first place, that’s what the false narrative addresses.

K bro whatever you say ur the best!!!
    Nope, just contradicting chicken little.
  • Gil0610Gil0610 Posts: 192
    You can use warlock i think i have seen opponents take him with warlock
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Does having 4 poisons on you reverse the healing? I am not sure it will. Also, if we remove the pacify and petrify mastery, will we still take damage since we are not reversing the regen, just blocking it. @CoatHang3r
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Does having 4 poisons on you reverse the healing? I am not sure it will. Also, if we remove the pacify and petrify mastery, will we still take damage since we are not reversing the regen, just blocking it. @CoatHang3r

It isn't just reversing. It is reducing the healing. So if you throw any champ with suicides on that node and Lionheart makes you degen at the start.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 ★★★★

A l p h a said:

Hey genius, alliances in that tier you mentioned already thought of that and will place without willpower. Like I do.
    You're obviously not in that tier yourself, so go back to your plat2 wars.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

It isn't just reversing. It is reducing the healing. So if you throw any champ with suicides on that node and Lionheart makes you degen at the start.
    not any and everyone will just iabom due to the poison
    People place ImAbom now. I know that. But any champ with suicides who takes poison damage at the start will cause Lionheart. I faced the node today as well with Elsa on suicides and took degen from Lionheart. And before you say, I was using a Mutant.
    It's fine for these champs since it's only the start, but just kinda broken with ImAbom. That's all.
    edited February 2021
    Crys23 said:

A l p h a said:

Hey genius, alliances in that tier you mentioned already thought of that and will place without willpower. Like I do.
    You're obviously not in that tier yourself, so go back to your plat2 wars.
    Cool then it’s an easy quake fight since he won’t be healing from the debuffs.

P.s. in my testing lion heart’s degen is from your base attack so ppl be exaggerating.
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    OK, found this similar post. And apprently there is still no good solutions. :#