**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    @DNA3000

"Challenge Rating affects the following stats:
    Armor, Armor Penetration, Critical Hit Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Critical Resistance, Block Proficiency, Block Penetration"

This is from Kabam Dorosh's post. You're telling me it's one factor, yet it affects 7 factors. That seems significant. And if it weren't significant, why would the pattern of increasing CR have changed?

I think you are just arguing to argue. Because saying something is one factor in measuring the difficulty of a champion has nothing to do with the number of factors it itself affects. What something is and what it affects are two different things.

That's not a discussion I'm interested in having.

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Purveyor wrote: »
    Look. I made it through the challenge fairly easily. But I had the luxury of using a 5/50 Iceman for memphisto. This is such a BS fight if you don’t own one champ. What happened to 12.0 “we want all champions viable for all content.” Then you make a champion that literally only has one counter. This is ridiculously unfair to anyone without an Iceman.

People kill Mephistos with champions other than Iceman all the time. This particular Mephisto being both 6* and buffed would of course be harder than most other instances, but I saw Seatin kill him with a 5* Star Lord when his intent was just to practice with SL before "really" trying with Iceman. He downed him on the practice run without needing Iceman.

Also, I do not believe Kabam ever said they want all champions viable for literally every single fight. That would be a ludicrous goal to achieve because if everything is equally good everywhere, then nothing is particularly interesting anywhere. For there to be any interesting diversity in the game, some champions have to be better than others at different things. If some are better, others will be worse.

Personally, I did use Iceman on him, but I'm curious now to know how many other things I have could bring him down. I might try again just to see. I know during the Spidey event so many people said how unfair it was to people who did not have Black Widow or other DAA debuffers, and then when I actually did the event it turned out using BW (who I have 5/50 99) wasn't even the best option for any of the fights. I ended up using high damage and power control for the final runs. Mephisto is probably similar: his incineration is his biggest threat (that, and his soul based regen if you die to him too often) but he has weaknesses. He is relatively easy to evade, and he seems to be relatively easy to bait out.

In any case, I think the event does what I suspected it was intended in part to do, which is largely dispel the challenge rating bogeyman. As far as I can tell, CR makes these enemies incrementally harder, but not harder than I would expect this kind of content to be if they just used 5* champs and pumped up the node strength a bit. For a player like me with an A- roster and B+ skills, it is doable with a handful of potions and a bunch of mistakes. I didn't even practice on Mephisto before diving in, which I really should have done to get the rhythm down on his attacks first.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I used 4* Hulk to drop Meph. Gotta be patient and his sp1 seemed to have a longer animation vs the event Quest. No revives needed.
  • MistsMists Posts: 19
    Easy challenge. I think the title should have been uncommon instead of rare, as everyone will have it.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    edited October 2017
    In my opinion, the opponents and type of nodes were the wrong choice for the test. You need a bleed immune for two of the fights which limits the champs to be used. Plus XB with increased crit damage makes no sense to me, you should've used Spider-Man for that node.
    CB with extra crit damage makes perfect sense if you read his abilities, more crit damage means higher fury potency.

I still think spidey would have been a better opponent and would've taken advantage of the node more than XB
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    In my opinion, the opponents and type of nodes were the wrong choice for the test. You need a bleed immune for two of the fights which limits the champs to be used. Plus XB with increased crit damage makes no sense to me, you should've used Spider-Man for that node.
    CB with extra crit damage makes perfect sense if you read his abilities, more crit damage means higher fury potency.

Crit rating gives him more fury, but he does not crit so he can't take advantage of crit damage

Read his abilities closer. His fury potency increases with crit damage.
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    So the challenger rating of a highly ranked 6* champ basically negates the abilities of 4* champs, making 6* champs all pre 12.0 sig 99 Black Widows?! What a bunch of garbage. I ran through the quest with my 5/50, sig 99 SW. Then I got to Mephisto, and veil of fortune proc’ed, maybe, once. No exaggeration here. Then I used my 5* 4/55 Colossus, and his armor up proc’ed normally. So all the resources we put into 4* champs, and they will be useless going forward? Not only that, but it still takes forever to get 10k shards to get 5* champs. And let’s not even get into ranking them up. Thanks for the ONE Tier 2 Alpha at the end of the master quest. Only need 3 more to take one of my 5* champs to 4/55. What a crock. If you think there was a mass exodus of the game after the 12.0 update wait till you see what’s coming with 6* champs.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    WC303 wrote: »
    So the challenger rating of a highly ranked 6* champ basically negates the abilities of 4* champs, making 6* champs all pre 12.0 sig 99 Black Widows?! What a bunch of garbage. I ran through the quest with my 5/50, sig 99 SW. Then I got to Mephisto, and veil of fortune proc’ed, maybe, once. No exaggeration here. Then I used my 5* 4/55 Colossus, and his armor up proc’ed normally. So all the resources we put into 4* champs, and they will be useless going forward? Not only that, but it still takes forever to get 10k shards to get 5* champs. And let’s not even get into ranking them up. Thanks for the ONE Tier 2 Alpha at the end of the master quest. Only need 3 more to take one of my 5* champs to 4/55. What a crock. If you think there was a mass exodus of the game after the 12.0 update wait till you see what’s coming with 6* champs.

Since when does master give a whole t2a, it's only 3600 shards
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000

"Challenge Rating affects the following stats:
    Armor, Armor Penetration, Critical Hit Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Critical Resistance, Block Proficiency, Block Penetration"

This is from Kabam Dorosh's post. You're telling me it's one factor, yet it affects 7 factors. That seems significant. And if it weren't significant, why would the pattern of increasing CR have changed?

And don't you find the "it's appropriate given the state of the game" comment a bit of a cop out? What does that even mean? Has Kabam shown evidence of fully understanding the state of the game and/or the way their decisions will affect gameplay and player experiences? In my nearly 2 years playing, I have only seen a handful of quality changes, and a vast array of screw ups and misfires.

I mean, we can wait and see how 6* work, but I'm betting once we see what they look like and how they perform and the impact they have on the effectiveness of other star level champs, we'll be rather disappointed. And by that time, we'll get some answer about how 6* have been introduced and won't be removed from the game, and people will just have to adjust around them, to the new reality they create. Kinda like what we're experiencing with Alliance War.

So is that your suggestion? That we take what we get and like it?

CR as a standalone is nothing. It affects how Champs interact with each other. While it affects the stats listed, it's a difference of 1-2.5% between a 4* and a 6*. There has to be a distinction between the two. Otherwise a Max 4* is the same as a 6*.

Is a max 4* the same as a 5? Or a max 3* the same as a 4? If not, then I'm afraid you're wrong.

A Max 4* is the same CR as a 5* R3. The difference being the Base Stats are slightly higher in a 5*. What you're describing displays my point exactly. There has to be a difference. At the time that CR was introduced and adjusted, it was fashioned to provide a level of challenge that fit the game at that time. So, the CR has been raised one level to provide a degree of challenge that will accommodate a new level of challenge. No matter how I explain it, it makes logical sense to have one degree of separation between a 4* and a 6*. That basically means you will have an easier time with a 5* R4 than a 4* Max. The point of different Star Levels is to have a different strength to them.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    How many regen charges does Mephisto have again?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @SummonerB2 he has three and gets one if you die, 6 max.
  • That disappoints me it’s for lvl 40 and only. I’m only lvl 32 and have a 4/40 duped iceman that can beat it all with no revives.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    That disappoints me it’s for lvl 40 and only. I’m only lvl 32 and have a 4/40 duped iceman that can beat it all with no revives.

So work on leveling, I think you have 2 weeks to get 8 levels. Spin some crystals for xp boosts and run story quests to level.
    Morgan wrote: »
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    Still no response, how much you guys wanna bet Miike will answer a question that is self explanatory(like a person asking why they can't do the challenge, when they're under lvl 40.) Instead of answering the important CR one.

There is no more to say about Challenge Rating. We've commented on it already, and have nothing else to add.

We among the ones who completed the challenge already stated that it's too severe on 4*r5. I run it a few more and noticed procs are non existant. Judgements, bleeds, regens are all hindered way too severely. CR needs be adjusted in a better way.

So far, I've run it once and played around with it with different champs (not to completion) twice. I don't see CR having any dramatic effect on procs. It might be reducing the rate of criticals (and thus procs dependent on crits) but that's normal and expected for a slightly higher CR. Nothing wildly out of bounds so far.

I did notice some of the wonkiness with Ghost Rider although I wasn't paying close attention to it at the time. I'll be trying again later today to see if Ghost Rider's judgments themselves are acting weird or if it is just a visual issue.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Look. I made it through the challenge fairly easily. But I had the luxury of using a 5/50 Iceman for memphisto. This is such a BS fight if you don’t own one champ. What happened to 12.0 “we want all champions viable for all content.” Then you make a champion that literally only has one counter. This is ridiculously unfair to anyone without an Iceman.

People kill Mephistos with champions other than Iceman all the time. This particular Mephisto being both 6* and buffed would of course be harder than most other instances, but I saw Seatin kill him with a 5* Star Lord when his intent was just to practice with SL before "really" trying with Iceman. He downed him on the practice run without needing Iceman.

Also, I do not believe Kabam ever said they want all champions viable for literally every single fight. That would be a ludicrous goal to achieve because if everything is equally good everywhere, then nothing is particularly interesting anywhere. For there to be any interesting diversity in the game, some champions have to be better than others at different things. If some are better, others will be worse.

Personally, I did use Iceman on him, but I'm curious now to know how many other things I have could bring him down. I might try again just to see. I know during the Spidey event so many people said how unfair it was to people who did not have Black Widow or other DAA debuffers, and then when I actually did the event it turned out using BW (who I have 5/50 99) wasn't even the best option for any of the fights. I ended up using high damage and power control for the final runs. Mephisto is probably similar: his incineration is his biggest threat (that, and his soul based regen if you die to him too often) but he has weaknesses. He is relatively easy to evade, and he seems to be relatively easy to bait out.

In any case, I think the event does what I suspected it was intended in part to do, which is largely dispel the challenge rating bogeyman. As far as I can tell, CR makes these enemies incrementally harder, but not harder than I would expect this kind of content to be if they just used 5* champs and pumped up the node strength a bit. For a player like me with an A- roster and B+ skills, it is doable with a handful of potions and a bunch of mistakes. I didn't even practice on Mephisto before diving in, which I really should have done to get the rhythm down on his attacks first.

I brought Iceman but I did not end up using Iceman for Mephisto. I actually used Yondu and he worked like a charm. Those bleeds and that heal block wiped the floor with him pretty good.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Not sure how we are to measure the champs when few have them and they are buffed up beyond any resemblance to what they would be when we get them. If we get them.
  • @Crine60 since I’m in a pretty high guild I do have a lot of powerful guys for my lvl lol, but I guess I’ll just need to farm some more.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Still no response, how much you guys wanna bet Miike will answer a question that is self explanatory(like a person asking why they can't do the challenge, when they're under lvl 40.) Instead of answering the important CR one.

There is no more to say about Challenge Rating. We've commented on it already, and have nothing else to add.

We among the ones who completed the challenge already stated that it's too severe on 4*r5. I run it a few more and noticed procs are non existant. Judgements, bleeds, regens are all hindered way too severely. CR needs be adjusted in a better way.

So far, I've run it once and played around with it with different champs (not to completion) twice. I don't see CR having any dramatic effect on procs. It might be reducing the rate of criticals (and thus procs dependent on crits) but that's normal and expected for a slightly higher CR. Nothing wildly out of bounds so far.

I did notice some of the wonkiness with Ghost Rider although I wasn't paying close attention to it at the time. I'll be trying again later today to see if Ghost Rider's judgments themselves are acting weird or if it is just a visual issue.

This is also what I've found. It's as I expected. It has a certain small degree of additional difficulty, but not terribly insurmountable. Their Specials and Heavies pack more of a punch. I'm pretty comfortable with the added effect so far. I have yet to see the Adrenaline aspect, as we all have.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

This is also what I've found. It's as I expected. It has a certain small degree of additional difficulty, but not terribly insurmountable. Their Specials and Heavies pack more of a punch. I'm pretty comfortable with the added effect so far. I have yet to see the Adrenaline aspect, as we all have.

You haven't even completed it :/
    Rap wrote: »
    Not sure how we are to measure the champs when few have them and they are buffed up beyond any resemblance to what they would be when we get them. If we get them.

I don't think we are really being asked to measure them in that sense. They are tossing a high end challenge to see if the difficulty of lower ranked 6* champions is too high. To do that, they are pushing the difficulty high on purpose. Think of it as a kind of torture test. You don't torture test something under normal conditions, but under more extreme edge of the envelope situations to better highlight what you are looking for.

• You haven't even completed it :/[/quote]

I didn't say I did. I was testing fights. The Thread is for feedback and I'm not interested in questions of skill or achievements. That's not a requirement to participate in this Forum.[/quote]

Testing fights. Lol. With your 1 4* and brand new 5*. He's just here to argue the opposite opinion.

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »

You haven't even completed it :/

I didn't say I did. I was testing fights. The Thread is for feedback and I'm not interested in questions of skill or achievements. That's not a requirement to participate in this Forum.

You're previous comment would lead one to believe you had since you have started it and it only contains a "certain small degree of difficulty."