**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Either Nerf Quake or Never Release 6* Quake

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I use to use quake all the time during the times of mystic wars I use to rave about how amazing she is while people told me her play style was too hard and too risky and now look lol but anyways, my love for quake died once everyone else started loving her so idc what they do with her.
  • To be fair nobody played quake right when she was first released.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think Kabam won’t release her . Doesn’t make sense
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    She should be left as is.
    Her use requires skill and anyone gifted enough or practice hard enough deserves her full potential. Unfortunately I'm not that gifted.
    Despite having 5* r5 with max sig, I dont use her much.
  • ToastbusterToastbuster Posts: 39
    How many people can actually quake n shake consistently? The top allys maybe? We have 2 in our gold 1 ally that are quakers & they mess up with her enough to not bring her into war. Every war I probably see 2 or 3 quakes on offense. I see 4x as many AA's, Corvus's & HT's.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

How many people can actually quake n shake consistently? The top allys maybe? We have 2 in our gold 1 ally that are quakers & they mess up with her enough to not bring her into war. Every war I probably see 2 or 3 quakes on offense. I see 4x as many AA's, Corvus's & HT's.

We are only Plat 4 but in our BG alone we have 4 who can Quake, including me. We don't always bring her but at least 2 of us do. When there's a Killmonger on the Hazard Shift linked to the boss, I'll definitely quake that. There are also a few quakers in the other BGs. Learning Quake n' Shake isn't that hard so I guess there's around 30% who can.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    I think the biggest reason that they won’t be releasing a 6* Quake would be that it would trivialize the necessity to pull other or newer beyond god tier champs that would be considered ideal counters for various sticky situations. That wouldn’t make good business sense to kabam as it would mean that an owner of a hypothetical fully decked out 6* Quake would not be devoting time or $$$ to getting other champs as he/she would be safe in the knowledge that what he has is more than ideal in managing a lot of the stuff thrown at them. And the earlier points being made that a 6* quake means no deaths and hence no health resources spent on healing or reviving means less overall revenue for kabam.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 ★★★★
    Just put True Strike on as many nodes as you can and she's useless.
    Also, you can ghost quake, but you can't quake ghost. So, Ghost>>>quake
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    She's amazing, but she takes skill. If she eats a combo, it hurts pretty bad, especially if she gets a DoT debuff at the same time.

She also can't do paths like caltrops, and can be countered by champs like IMIW, iceman, apocalypse, killmonger and anyone with steady power gain or true strike.

A 6* in the right hands could tear up some content, but let's face it, not everyone is a quake pro. I'm pretty good with her, but still get tagged at times, especially against double medium champs like domino and stealth spidey.

If people say Ghost is better than Quake, and Ghost is available as a 6*, then there's no reason to not have a 6* Quake, based solely on that 'logic".

@KDSuperFlash10 take a 4* against a 6* killmonger duel 5 times, record all and post back your results. Yes, I know others can do it perfectly, but can you? I know I can't. Let's see if she's as broken as you really say.

Tomorrow I give you the ImIW challenge, and the next day the domino challenge. If you can do all of those perfectly, for all 5 fights, then your assessment stands true. If not though, well..
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Honestly the problem I have with Quake is she requires you to completely relearn the game, and some people (myself included) just can't get a grasp on proper Quaking.

Can't blame 'just git gud' on me either, I'm in a Masters-level alliance that does map 7 with Epic modifiers. Quake is such a supreme departure from my natural set of skills (namely reparrying, multiparrying, and intercepting with certain champs) that trying to come to grips with her gameplay is extremely difficult, and I have struggled to learn her playstyle.

I know I'm not alone on that, either. Every war I see endless dead Quakes litter the battlefield, telling me that few have perfected the art of Quaking. Sure, she's got the 'most utility in the game', but Kabam has slowly released more and more counters for her (Apocalypse and Mole Man, Longshot to an extent, Force of Will being far more common), and as much as you might hate to hear this?

She's not necessary.

I have a Quake, and I have not brought her into any story content and only sparse use in AQ and AW. I've 100% cleared absolutely everything without her.

So even if you can't 'git gud' like myself, she's not the end-all be-all and other champs will do her job perfectly fine. She's more of a catch-all when you don't have a full team of specific counters than a specialized counter herself.

Regardless, she stays on my bench. My one attempt to bring her into war this season was a disaster, in spite of duel after duel after duel.

She's amazing, but she takes skill. If she eats a combo, it hurts pretty bad, especially if she gets a DoT debuff at the same time.

She also can't do paths like caltrops, and can be countered by champs like IMIW, iceman, apocalypse, killmonger and anyone with steady power gain or true strike.

A 6* in the right hands could tear up some content, but let's face it, not everyone is a quake pro. I'm pretty good with her, but still get tagged at times, especially against double medium champs like domino and stealth spidey.

If people say Ghost is better than Quake, and Ghost is available as a 6*, then there's no reason to not have a 6* Quake, based solely on that 'logic".

@KDSuperFlash10 take a 4* against a 6* killmonger duel 5 times, record all and post back your results. Yes, I know others can do it perfectly, but can you? I know I can't. Let's see if she's as broken as you really say.

Tomorrow I give you the ImIW challenge, and the next day the domino challenge. If you can do all of those perfectly, for all 5 fights, then your assessment stands true. If not though, well..

Apocalypse Challenge.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Thing is, Quake can do almost all you said she can't.

Caltrops- Quake and Bake, parry instead of dex

IMIW- can be reverse quaked, by dexing his first attack and evading the next

Killmonger- triggering his reverb and then quaking can stop it coming back

iceman- literally wait the 12 seconds

Domino- you can turn off her ability accuracy reduction and quake her normally

Just because she *can* does not mean she can *easily*. I could kill Ebony Maw with Corvus. Doesn't mean I could just sleepwalk through it. Any champion can kill any champion...
    YoMoves said:

Just because she *can* does not mean she can *easily*. I could kill Ebony Maw with Corvus. Doesn't mean I could just sleepwalk through it. Any champion can kill any champion...
    Bit of an odd comparison: hitting killmonger once and then holding heavy is a lot different to re-parrying over and over and only using light attacks with Corvus against Maw.

So is waiting 12 seconds for iceman, or holding heavy against domino, or parrying instead of dexing.

Only one I kind of get is against ImIW. But that’s just changing up a style, similar to how you would phase more or less hits with ghost depending on match up. Or using a different CGR rotation. It’s just playing match ups differently. Once you can quake, you no longer think it’s hard, and same with reverse quake. It’s habit, knowing what to do.

The point wasn’t that it was absolutely the easiest thing in the world, but quake solves so many problems, and I was pointing out to Tito Bandit that a lot of what he said was a problem for quake is pretty simply solved.
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    The thing about Quake is she requires a mad amount of skill. Plus, against champs like Domino and Roblin who have quick two-hit attacks, or a very slippery champ like Doc Oc, even more is needed. For those who are dedicated and can get good with her, she’s ridiculous (although the health pools are getting to the point I’m less likely to use her unless I need to). But for a lot of people, they aren’t good with her and just never become good. Because she is genuinely a skill based champ, I think it’s silly to call for her to be nerfed or for a 6* never to release. I think what they’re doing by pushing her release back is fine, as the large health pools require real skill with her.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

I completely agree with what @BitterSteel just said, but here's another point.

I come across a Killmonger, right? Is Quake my first choice? No. I can Quake Killmonger quite easily, but why would she be my first choice when there are faster options in my roster?

Now on that Killmonger, let's add Do Not Go Gentle, Rage, Spiked Armor, Thorns, Bane, and Mesmerize. Sounds like a stupidly hard fight, right? Who could I possibly use for it? Oh that's right, Quake. Not only is she the best option, but that fight would go just as well it would if I was to fight that normal Killmonger and I would come out with a full yellow bar.

That's why Quake's so powerful.
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Oh, and I forgot to mention DoT nodes that apply at the start of the fight. She doesn’t do so well against those.
    Etjama said:

YoMoves said:

I come across a Killmonger, right? Is Quake my first choice? No. I can Quake Killmonger quite easily, but why would she be my first choice when there are faster options in my roster?

Now on that Killmonger, let's add Do Not Go Gentle, Rage, Spiked Armor, Thorns, Bane, and Mesmerize. Sounds like a stupidly hard fight, right? Who could I possibly use for it? Oh that's right, Quake. Not only is she the best option, but that fight would go just as well it would if I was to fight that normal Killmonger and I would come out with a full yellow bar.

Absolutely agree. I haven’t done the numbers since I couldn’t find a full list of every node in the game. But I think you could throw 50% or more of the nodes in this game on a fight and quake could still do it. Avoiding all the obvious power gain, true strike etc ones of course.

I've only left her off my AW team once this season because our opposing alliance deliberately Quake-proofed my part of the boss island. Because of that, the placement sucked and it was my easiest war of the season. I've used her almost every war for Brute force Thing, I've used her for Rage KMs, Mix Master Korgs, Rage and Mix Master Nicks, the list goes on. And I know for a fact I'm nowhere near the best Quake player. If everyone could use Quake even just semi-reliably, most wars would become a joke.
    edited February 2021
    TRONG94 said:

Meanwhile me with 5/65 Quake and not using her on daily basis and in most of the fights. She is too passive to play. I only use her when enemies have no other counter, or when my best counters are in AQ or AW I believe all my other champs can cover like 99% of what the game throws at me or when I have too much free time to not want to end fights quickly. She is not time- friendly in rol, lol or aol.
    So I dont see any reason why 6* Quake is not going to be released, she is not that game breaking like ppl believe.

That's your choice though, that has nothing to do with how good Quake actually is. She may not be "time friendly" in ROL, LOL, or AOL, but the fact that she can literally solo 80% of everything in all of those places combined just proves how overpowered she is.

Etjama said:

YoMoves said:

Absolutely agree. I haven’t done the numbers since I couldn’t find a full list of every node in the game. But I think you could throw 50% or more of the nodes in this game on a fight and quake could still do it. Avoiding all the obvious power gain, true strike etc ones of course.
    It's quite honestly much more than 50%. Other than true strike, passive power gain, and "Suffer from X debuff at the start of the fight" stuff, nodes that Quake doesn't completely ignore/are possible to play around are very hard to come by, even when you combine them.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

YoMoves said:

It's quite honestly much more than 50%. Other than true strike, passive power gain, and "Suffer from X debuff at the start of the fight" stuff, nodes that Quake doesn't completely ignore/are possible to play around are very hard to come by, even when you combine them.
    So I found a long list of nodes in the game on YouTube. And I think it may be closer to 60-70, only since were talking about adding them all together, and a lot of combinations make it unquakeable. Like she can handle caltrops and she can handle invade. But both together and you can’t parry or dex.

I think avoiding things like force of will/debuff immune (which doesn’t counter quake directly, but in combination with things like backup recovery it does), starburst, flare (in long enough fights), do you bleed, brute force, combination of invade/caltrops/ no retreat/ acid wash, pleasure to burn, buffed up (without synergies), stunning reflection and that’s just naming a few I saw.

And I’m sure there are a lot more that in combination don’t work together, I do think it’s likely around 60-70%.

But can you imagine a fight with every single node in the game that doesn’t counter quake on it, can you imagine how stacked that fight would be to anyone but quake? That shows quakes power to me.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

Lol If they mess up enough to not bring her into war they are not Quakers.
    Word.
    edited February 2021
    Say what you will, but this proves to me that even Kabam knows how overpowered Quake is.

I don't see Kabam thinking that every AW boss needs an "Armor Break" node.
  • QuattrucciQuattrucci Posts: 160 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

We all going to ignore the fact that this dude said “thousands of nodes”?

tbh there probably are close to that amount
    https://www.dunres.sk/mcoc/buffs/
    There may be nodes missing on this. But this has it listed at 447 total nodes. A little short of the said stated “thousands”.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

We all going to ignore the fact that this dude said “thousands of nodes”?

tbh there probably are close to that amount
    https://www.dunres.sk/mcoc/buffs/
    There may be nodes missing on this. But this has it listed at 447 total nodes. A little short of the said stated “thousands”.
    The real question is when was that last updated? This EQ brought probably close to 5 including the boss-specific nodes and the love nodes. 7.1 and 7.2 added a bunch as well. And it doesn't look like it has all node variations too.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★